Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Okay, I’d bet on this line happening in Last Jedi,

“So, Skywalker, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.” - Snoke to Luke in episode VIII
    ha! @RhettButler it would, but I have the idea that we won't be seeing anything too complicated. And although that isn't that complicated, I think it will be more elegantly simple. They want tens of millions of new star wars fans and so I think these stories will be pretty self contained. I don't even think she will be a Kenobi.
    In fact, I've heard a couple of REALLY good arguments for why she won't be the daughter of ANYONE of importance.
    Perhaps her parents were Jedi apprentices killed at the temple, and perhaps she becomes Luke's daughter in the sense that she becomes HIS apprentice.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-06-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ha! @RhettButler it would, but I have the idea that we won't be seeing anything too complicated. And although that isn't that complicated, I think it will be more elegantly simple.
    Ray as a Skywalker is painfully predictable and lame.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Ray as a Skywalker is painfully predictable and lame.
    I personally don't think she is biologically the daughter of any of the characters. I think that's gonna be what surprises everyone who thinks she's a Skywalker or Solo or Palpatine or Kenobi.
    And I don't think Snoke is Darth Boogaloo from Wookie Comics number 38 or any of that outlandish shit either. I think Snoke is just Snoke and Rey is just Rey.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I think Snoke is just Snoke and Rey is just Rey.

The problem with that though is you've essentially jerked people off with all these red herrings. You can't just be like oh, yeah, there's no story here she's just some girl and Snoke is just some dude.

You could have done that if you set up the backstory properly from the start, but you've led people along to think there is something grander unfolding. There needs to be some interconnection to the already laid out universe.

She doesn't need to be a Skywalker or a Kenobi, but there needs to be some relevance and explanation (especially for things like, the force sensitivity etc).

To not have that would not only would that be a bit of a royal slap in the face and piss people off, it would also show a severe lack of planning and development on the story group's part.

Bottomline - I don't have a dog in the fight (I guess I think it would be cool if Snoke was Plagius?) but otherwise I have no expectations - it just needs to be a good story but it absolutely can't be at this point if you are going to ignore all the yank fest reveals JJ set up in TFA. There needs to be a payoff and it needs to be sensible.