Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I don't like the red font. I know it probably has significance, but it looks cheap

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    I don't like the red font. I know it probably has significance, but it looks cheap
    Yeah, it's honestly such a lazy poster. The red font looks like a knock-off. and there's nothing else going for it that stands out in any way.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I saw someone make a pretty good point in regards to either Rey or Luke having to die in order for there a "last" Jedi. The term Jedi is both singular and plural.
    Good point. The last Jedi now being Luke, Rey, or whoever else becomes one. Hoping Luke Skywalker sticks around for IX. Also, would love Obi Wan to come back as a Force ghost.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Hoping Luke Skywalker sticks around for IX.
    If his beard is back in Episode IX, there's a good chance....

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Unless it's just a Force ghost of his beard. Which would be pretty cool, actually.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Yeah, it's honestly such a lazy poster. The red font looks like a knock-off. and there's nothing else going for it that stands out in any way.
    But it says STAR WARS and it's for the new star wars movie. it's got that going for it :P

i can hardly fucking wait

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So re: the 'poster' - Hmm... red and black huh? Does this mean Kylo Ren is The Last Jedi? Just kidding, but yeah this has to mean they're going for a pretty dark vibe.
    Anyway... I can't believe we're getting a new Star Wars film THIS YEAR! How good is that? Genuinely very excited already. Of course it's going to be a bit sad too, with Carrie not here any more, but I hope her role in this one is suitably cool so we get to celebrate a bit too. Talking of celebrating... do you really think we'll have to wait until April for more info? It'll make sense to see some sort of trailer at that point, but having released the name now it feels to me like the hype machine is going to be cranking up from now on. A whole three months wait from here will be tough. Maybe a little leak or two with regards to the new characters? I'd take that.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I remember for the Clone Wars series they did a red variant title for a story arc where Darth Maul had returned.

It's really not like the red logos haven't been used before whether in merchandising or elsewhere and i don't see how it seems cheap.. unless that was sarcasm.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The Last Jedi… hummm, why does that title keep bringing this to my mind?..

Alex Rogan is Rey's father. You heard it here first!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    The Last Jedi… hummm, why does that title keep bringing this to my mind?..

Alex Rogan is Rey's father. You heard it here first!
    my wife gave me that as a gift last year on blu-ray. one of my all-time favorite films (she loves it, too).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It ran through my mind too, as I was over-analyzing the title of this new SW film.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my wife gave me that as a gift last year on blu-ray. one of my all-time favorite films (she loves it, too).
    They had some real creative alien designs in The Last Starfighter. Being a youngster of the 80s myself, to this day one of the most quoted inside joke film lines between my older brother and myself is still this,

“We Die.”

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I think The Last Jedi is Luke, who is going to train Rey. Just like in A New Hope the last jedi was Obi-Wan, who went on to train Luke.

Until they remembered Yoda in TESB.

*takes off Captain Obvious hat*
    Last edited by marodi; 01-26-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: i'm stoopid

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea...because the last one was so much more appealing.

The red looks awesome, the title is awesome. It already gives you a sense of something dark and I love it. Red outlining, Last Jedi... really hoping the stakes are extremely raised in this one. If Darth Maul ever returned, I would shit my pants.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard Mark Hamill's comments about the title as he mentions something about samurais as I think the film will contain a lot of legend about the Jedi and Luke is kind of the last of his kind and hopefully passed on everything he's learned as a Jedi to Rey just to beat Kylo Ren. Yet, I hope we learn more about Snoke and the Knights of Ren which we only got a glimpse of in that Force-dream sequence in the last film.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Maybe it'll be the end of Jedi as we know it? what if Luke does not want Rey to become a Jedi but something else instead? A different philosophy rooted in the light side of the Force? Always a possibility.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Maybe it'll be the end of Jedi as we know it? what if Luke does not want Rey to become a Jedi but something else instead? A different philosophy rooted in the light side of the Force? Always a possibility.
    A new version of the Jedi that Rey will be a part of and create to end the First Order? I could go for that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    While browsing youtube I found a video that portrays some really nice stuff (concept art and theories) about the Knights of Ren and beyond. Wonder what we will be seeing by the time the new trilogy comes to an end:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Stupid title, especially when you already have a film in the series called "RETURN of the Jedi."

‘The Last Jedi’ will make ‘Return of the Jedi’ meaningless.

I suppose it could be argued that ‘Jedi’ in ROTJ is being used in singular form, not plural. But I don’t know, it does feel like the direction this story is going in undermines to some degree the legacy of the original trilogy events.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 02-07-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

‘The Last Jedi’ will make ‘Return of the Jedi’ meaningless.

I suppose it could be argued that ‘Jedi’ in ROTJ is being used in singular form, not plural. But I don’t know, it does feel like the direction this story is going in undermines to some degree the legacy of the original trilogy events.
    i think that guy is having a whiny fan-boy overreaction. i think the title could imply that luke WAS the last jedi but will now be helping to create a new generation of them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The beauty and the perfection of Spanish: the Spanish title of The Last Jedi clearly shows that 'Jedi' here is in the plural form.
    (From the Star Wars LATAM Twitter account, so it's official):

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Just read the same today about the German title.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    First look at the Han Solo film cast: http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/0...spin-off-film/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I don't know, I'm not gonna expect this to be good. I fear that these characters won't play right on screen for me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Somewhat off topic, but anyone out there watching the Rebels series? Just finished season 3 and it’s not bad. Grand Admiral Thrawn was an enjoyable season 3 antagonist. Snoke sort of looks like he may be an aging scarred inquisitor. And seeing Kenobi do Maul like that, it makes me think he could have handled Vader in the duel on the deathstar in ANH if he had chosen to.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 04-08-2017 at 02:46 PM. Reason: oops, antagonist not protagonist

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    i still can't believe she's already gone

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I know. And I'm convinced her mother died of a broken heart. Fuck you 2016.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I know. And I'm convinced her mother died of a broken heart. Fuck you 2016.
    I actually saw a bit of news on the subject that talked about dying from heartbreak being a very real phenomenon.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Somewhat off topic, but anyone out there watching the Rebels series? Just finished season 3 and it’s not bad. Grand Admiral Thrawn was an enjoyable season 3 antagonist. Snoke sort of looks like he may be an aging scarred inquisitor. And seeing Kenobi do Maul like that, it makes me think he could have handled Vader in the duel on the deathstar in ANH if he had chosen to.
    Can you watch Rebels independently without having seen any of the Clone Wars? It seems like this series is worth watching in order to catch up with all the little bits of details for future films in the SW universe, preferably the anthology movies. Do I need to see Clone Wars before?

On the subject of Maul and from what I've seen so far... guess Maul was already ultimately defeated and unstable so Obi Wan had a fair chance at him. Vader in ANH, especially now with the ending of Rogue One, seems so much more powerful. He first had to be somewhat broken during the course of the story to be finished by Obi so quickly or maybe he indeed left it up to "the chosen one" from the very beginning.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You don't need to watch Clone Wars I'm sure Rebels will all be relatively coherent regardless. But it would be relatively pointless not to do so if you enjoy the universe.

It's the far better of the two series. It will give you so much context to Maul's story. To Rex's story. Saw Gerrera, etc.

Clone Wars at its best was epic Star Wars nearly incomparable to anything else. At it's worst it was lame, cheese ball filler (but Rebels has plenty of that too).

They are symbiotic, connected.

Watch Clone Wars. You will not regret it. By the time you finish, Rebels may be wrapped up, and you could potentially enjoy it as one larger entity. Watching it week to week is not the ideal experience.