Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Reznorator!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

The Reznorator!

It's my birthday today, so I am making a gift to you, ETS! So, I've had this idea since, like, February, but never got around to it until @niggo reminded me of it. Here goes...

The Reznorator! A sample-based synth pad instrument based on Trent's voice! Like the one heard in The Frail and Leaving Hope.

I just made something using the "o" from "I jump from every rooftop" from 1,000,000 (I suggest we use Trent vox from The Slip or other creative commons-licensed NIN multitracks). I stretched the note using Paulstretch, tuned it a bit using Elastique Pitch, EQ'ed out some of the hissing on the high end, then made it even longer by cutting and pasting and adding crossfades. Here is the result. The note is C.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...r_wizfan_C.wav

You can put this on any sampler and play around with it, add reverbs, fades, delays etc. I'd like to turn this into a soundfont/sample library thing for Kontakt or (my personal preference) the free and awesome Plogue Sforzando and use the versatile SFZ format; there's the equally free and awesome SFZ Designer for this.

Anyone interested? @Jinsai @botley @Leviathant @MAD @Mantra @DVYDRNS
    Last edited by wizfan; 08-29-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Combine this with the TR vocal 'efforts' from the unreleased Doom 3 soundtrack and we'll really have something.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Combine this with the TR vocal 'efforts' from the unreleased Doom 3 soundtrack and we'll really have something.
    Unnnghhh! AAAAARGH! Eeeooohhhhuhhhhh...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So you're a Hobbit then? You give gifts on your birthday instead of getting them?

Happy birthday to you and thank you!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Dude, awesome! Thanks and happy birthday!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Just tested it out in Kontakt and it sounds great. I especially like the bassy low-end stuff. Could work really well for making layered, drone-type stuff. Gonna mess around with it more when I have some more free time, probably on the weekend.

Thanks a lot dude, and happy birthday.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Steven Wilson does something very similar with a few of his songs