Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Star Wars: Rogue One

Just watched TFA again and really enjoyed it. And while it's still in theatres, we are less than a year from Rogue One, which takes place after ROTS and before ANH. Some rumors concerning Vader:
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Darth...ht-108447.html

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If "Rogue One" is in fact Vader then i suspect the story will explain how a fallen jedi became key figure in galactic empire. Maybe his "rogue" role would even show him going on missions incognito, without the usual bang or even alone, dressed differently than his trademark outfit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Calling it now: Vader facilitated or at least knew the Death Star plans were in the hands of the Rebels the moment it happened. #ObviousPlots2016

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So in a nutshell, here was my idea for a star wars anthology movie.

It takes place about 5 years BBY. The emperor’s birthday is fast approaching. Competing for the Sith lord’s favor, Vader and Tarkin take wildly different approaches in gift shopping. Tarkin goes with the traditional birthday card and a modest amount of credits, while Vader hires an elite team of clowns from Bespin to throw a surprise party.

I don’t want to spoil the climax (in case my script ever gets picked up for production), but let’s just say, if you like clowns…. and you like force lightening, then you’re gonna love my movie!

But Rogue One looks like it might not be half bad, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Calling it now: Vader facilitated or at least knew the Death Star plans were in the hands of the Rebels the moment it happened. #ObviousPlots2016
    As in Vader knew the weak spot and wanted the rebels to know also? Why would he be so cheeky?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    So in a nutshell, here was my idea for a star wars anthology movie.

It takes place about 5 years BBY. The emperor’s birthday is fast approaching. Competing for the Sith lord’s favor, Vader and Tarkin take wildly different approaches in gift shopping. Tarkin goes with the traditional birthday card and a modest amount of credits, while Vader hires an elite team of clowns from Bespin to throw a surprise party.

I don’t want to spoil the climax (in case my script ever gets picked up for production), but let’s just say, if you like clowns…. and you like force lightening, then you’re gonna love my movie!

Bwahahahahahaha

Dude you crack me up. That thing you posted about the "sheepskin on the old wall" last year made me laugh my ass off too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not sure if we wanna create a full on Rogue One thread, but news of the sizzle reel was just shown to Disney shareholders. A fan in attendance offered her description:

Most of it was very quick. A shot of the black stormtrooper, possibly called Death Troopers as previously reported. Another pic of that same style of helmet and armor but all chrome, reminiscent of Capt. Phasma from TFA. An image showed two AT AT's that had a slightly different look with the door panel on the side of the body painted a lighter beige color. And a couple cast photos were shown, one of Felicity & Diego Luna and another of Donnie Yen. The clip featured Felicity's character on what looked like the inside of a ship or shuttle with her arm up holding on and the hatch/ramp opening behind her. I wish I could remember what she said as part of the sizzle, but it went by too fast. The new stormtroopers looked great...It all looked great. Had a classic Star Wars / A New Hope look and feel. Bob Iger said that they didn't have footage but that it and Episode VIII had been filming as previously stated. I'm definitely more excited for the film since it will be set close to the classic trilogy time and like I said, it definitely had a similar look and feel.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Not sure if we wanna create a full on Rogue One thread, but news of the sizzle reel was just shown to Disney shareholders. A fan in attendance offered her description:

Most of it was very quick. A shot of the black stormtrooper, possibly called Death Troopers as previously reported. Another pic of that same style of helmet and armor but all chrome, reminiscent of Capt. Phasma from TFA. An image showed two AT AT's that had a slightly different look with the door panel on the side of the body painted a lighter beige color. And a couple cast photos were shown, one of Felicity & Diego Luna and another of Donnie Yen. The clip featured Felicity's character on what looked like the inside of a ship or shuttle with her arm up holding on and the hatch/ramp opening behind her. I wish I could remember what she said as part of the sizzle, but it went by too fast. The new stormtroopers looked great...It all looked great. Had a classic Star Wars / A New Hope look and feel. Bob Iger said that they didn't have footage but that it and Episode VIII had been filming as previously stated. I'm definitely more excited for the film since it will be set close to the classic trilogy time and like I said, it definitely had a similar look and feel.
    Already have.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Shit, my bad. Could you move this post there?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    First trailer debuts tomorrow morning on GMA.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I am so hopeful for this. Mads Mikkelsen + Star Wars is a combo I just can't deny.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think it looks great. Feels like the Star Wars universe but it's dark and gritty.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    another badass lady in the star wars universe? HELL YES!
    forest whitaker? HELL YES!
    dude with a samurai sword fighting storm troopers? HELL YES!

i am SO EXCITED for this movie.

also, i can tell i'm going to cry. a lot.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dude yes I am so fucking stoked for all these Star Wars films coming out with strong women characters as the lead. This looks soooo good.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I have a MASSIVE crush on Felicity Jones, and while I still feel robbed over never getting to see her as the Black Cat in Amazing Spider-Man 3, seeing her decked out in Star Wars rebel and Imperial gear is a PERFECTLY acceptable consolation prize!

XD

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I about lost my shit when they panned back to show AT-ATs.

Also, love me some Mon Mothma!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And it took all of about an hour for the internet to start screaming "Jyn Erso is Rey's mother!"

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Will I ever hear Star Wars music and not get chills and feel my eyes well up? Good god. I really don't know.

That alarm sound on the Death Star made my hairs stand on end. The look of all of that, the feel of all of that -- it looks so fantastic. It looks like a really great look at the Rebellion from the point of view of the soldiers rather than the Jedi-tier Luke and Co. journey. So basically what the Battlefront games were all about portraying.

I know I am so heavily biased to these movies right now, especially after the re-ignition of my love of Star Wars with TFA, but this just seems so good. I have no reason to doubt it yet. And I love how little they really showed, yet how well they sold the premise in that trailer. We saw so little of the cast from that group photo. If the rumors are true of Darth Vader and bounty hunters appearing, even in brief, I am going to freak out in the theatre. They could end a trailer with just the sound of Vader's breathing and the cast looking in fear in the distance down a Death Star hallway and I think half the planet would experience mass arousal.

God I feel like I just got a brief taste from a dealer and now I'm desperate to buy some of their product. The Mouse really knows how this whole marketing thing works, and damn does it.

It is very awesome to see so many kickass female heroes in the Star Wars universe. In general, it's just so awesome to have any new great protagonists in the Star Wars universe. It amazes me this is the first spin-off film after forty years of this universe existing, but I am so glad it didn't happen until the franchise was in good hands. This series is raw unfiltered childhood for myself and two other generations and it makes me so happy for there to be more good Star Wars films than bad ones now. It really amazes me how the simple sound effects can emotionally hit me so hard, and no other media does it. The AT-AT walker's blasters were just, hoo-boy. I'm so glad Lucas sold this franchise.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm so glad Lucas sold this franchise.
    Seriously.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Theories on who this Sith-looking beast is? I'm really hoping it's Mads Mikkelsen as a Sith Inquisitor.

Also good god the composition of that is just beautiful. This movie looks really, really slick and stylish.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 04-07-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Well, the Inquisitors are supposed to all be gone by the time of the Original Trilogy and the head's too small to be Vader in his helmet, so I'm guessing it's a youngish Palpatine maybe.

It amazes me this is the first spin-off film after forty years of this universe existing...
    Don't forget the animated Clone Wars movie and two Ewok movies!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Holy shit, this looks good. My inner cynic is defeated, haha, I'm pretty stoked.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In general, it's just so awesome to have any new great protagonists in the Star Wars universe. It amazes me this is the first spin-off film after forty years of this universe existing, but I am so glad it didn't happen until the franchise was in good hands.
    You may be forgetting the pinnacle of the SW universe...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Man i was hoping for more vader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Well, the Inquisitors are supposed to all be gone by the time of the Original Trilogy and the head's too small to be Vader in his helmet, so I'm guessing it's a youngish Palpatine maybe.
    If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure this film will take place only a few months/weeks before ANH, so Palpatine would be essentially the same age.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Yeah, I just meant that he'd be three movies younger than his first, physical, onscreen appearance in the Original Trilogy. He'd obviously look like hell regardless, lol.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Don't forget the animated two Ewok movies!
    I strive to constantly and do incredibly well at it

@october_midnight how could I possibly forget the joys of meeting Chewbacca's family?

Also I don't get why Palpatine would be bowing down or anything. Not the guy's style. Pretty sure it's a new character. And I'm really hoping Vader, if included, is really in his prime and built up as this mythic source of fear that sweeps across the battle field and treats Rebels like ragdolls and confetti. If they treat him like this director did Godzilla, it could be fantastic -- lots of buildup, him practically as a monster movie villain. It would really get you in the mind of what the average Rebel soldier would've been thinking.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I have a MASSIVE crush on Felicity Jones, and while I still feel robbed over never getting to see her as the Black Cat in Amazing Spider-Man 3, seeing her decked out in Star Wars rebel and Imperial gear is a PERFECTLY acceptable consolation prize!

XD
    Tell me about it! She's such a cutie eyecandy and it's cool how badass she could become for this role. I thought it would be harder to accept her with such a baby face.

I don't even care about Christmas anymore, just give me my yearly SW injection!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So glad they used the same actress who played Mothma in Revenge of the Sith.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:46 PM.