Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 10 Cloverfield Lane a.k.a. The Sequel To Cloverfield

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

10 Cloverfield Lane a.k.a. The Sequel To Cloverfield

10 CLOVERFIELD LANE

Back in 2007 Paramount begun teasing an untitled horror film from J.J. Abrams that ended up being the found-footage Cloverfield, a lower budgeted genre film inspired by Godzilla.
    It was a monster success, mostly because of the film’s incredible and memorable grass roots campaign.
    There have been rumors for years of a sequel to the film that launched director Matt Reeves, writer Drew Goddard and actress Odette Annable-Yustman’s careers.
    Monstrous news via Collider who is reporting that not only is a sequel/spinoff on the way, but it’s done, with a teaser trailer connected to Michael Bay’s 13 Hours.
    A reader writes in to the site claiming the title for the sequel is none other than 10 Cloverfield Lane.
    Update: Paramount Pictures shared with the site this exclusive statement from J.J. Abrams himself confirming the news!
    “The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”
    Abrams’ addition that it’s a “blood relative” seems to suggest that the movie isn’t a direct sequel to Cloverfield but instead takes place within the same universe. It should also be known this one is not found-footage.
    It was originally announced that Dan Trachtenberg — who helmed the short film “Portal: No Escape” — would be directing a post-apocalyptic thriller called Valencia (also referred to as The Cellar) for Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge, produced by J.J. Abrams.
    10 Cloverfield Lane stars John Goodman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and John Gallagher, Jr. and, per their reader has a “very creepy trailer that starts out fun but then gets really dark.”
    Here’s more on the plot: Collider previously spoke with Winstead when she was promoting her indie Faults, and she told them the film revolves around a woman who wakes up in a cellar where she’s being kept by a stranger, played by Goodman. The actress previously elaborated a bit on the plot by saying the following:
    “He tells me that basically the world is over outside because there’s been a nuclear fall-out. It does have similarity to Faults, in some ways, because you don’t know who’s telling the truth or who to believe. There’s a lot of, who’s manipulating who, and all of that. Tonally, it’s very different, but it has some of those same themes.”
    Yes, it gets even better!

10 Cloverfield Lane
    is set to hit theaters on March 11th
    !

Cloverfield followed a group of friends who venture deep into the streets of New York on a rescue mission during a rampaging monster attack.
    It was most of the most anticipated genre films in years, and was shrouded in all sorts of mystery. Fans, to this very day, still theorize the origin of the monster (was it awakened deep in the sea by a crashing satellite?).
    Who knew, another update!
    Here’s the official teaser trailer that just appeared online. I’m sure this isn’t really a bootleg but an intricately planned part of the grassroots marketing campaign. Whatever the case, I love it. As a teaser, it sets everything up perfectly. It’s a three-act trailer with the audience introduced to a “family” in a bomb shelter, and led to believe the man (Goodman) is keeping them locked in. When the girl (Winstead) escapes, it soon becomes clear that he truly was protecting them. But from what? What’s the next phase of Cloverfield‘s monster? So many questions!
    It’s so refreshing to be this excited about an upcoming movie again – and only have to wait two months!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...lready-filmed/
    Last edited by neorev; 01-15-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    OMFG PLZ TELL ME
    THIS IS REALLY
    HAPPENING
    XD XD XD
    o_O

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ahhhhh!!! Just watched the trailer! J.J... you have done it again! So excited for this shit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    OMFG PLZ TELL ME
    THIS IS REALLY
    HAPPENING
    XD XD XD
    o_O
    Oh yes! This is happening!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I'm in! I really liked the first one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I screencapped at 1:24 but don't want to just post the pic in case people don't want to see it.

http://imgur.com/hWMrJkL

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Updated the first post with the actual, non-filmed from a camera trailer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I saw this yesterday (before sneaking into Hail Caesar and Star Wars again, lol), and it's really great.Man, I almost forgot how fun it is to watch Goodman work. I mean, I never saw that baseball movie and he was in the fourth Transformers movie but it was only his voice, so it's been a while! The chick he rescues was awesome, too...I was very pleasantly surprised considering I had no idea who she was beforehand.Oh, and the soda/satellite thing was pretty cool.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 03-14-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I get paid on Wednesday and will have extra cash to finally see this fucker.
    I'm dying here wanting to see and trying to avoid spoilers in the interwebs.
    But so far reviews have been quite positive, which excites me more.
    Besides from what the initial trailer has shown, I know nothing else and want to go into that way.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Saw it on Imax theater in sacamento today. loved the movie, loved the dialog, John Goodman was fantastic. Go see it

SPOILER

They left the end of the movie wide open for a third one

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed this movie, but I didn't quite like the last 10 minutes. Goodman was incredible. I kept bursting out laughing (his character is not meant to be funny, but he played this character so well that I couldn't help it).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Agreed with everything above. Movie was great and Goodman was fantastic. Ending was ok, but could have done without it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Potential/minor spoiler: the link to Cloverfield was much more ambiguous than I anticipated, and that's not necessarily a complaint. I felt that any connection to the 2008 film was very much up to interpretation, which I wasn't expecting.

The movie itself was a great ride, and my heart was literally pounding by the outdoor climax. Can't say enough great things about Goodman who could turn on the terror and humor with equal grace and skill.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    DO NOT READ ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD BEFORE SEEING THE MOVIE...BEST TO GO GO IN COMPLETELY BLIND!

def. more of a spiritual relative to Cloverfield than any sort of sequel/prequel. Still enjoyed it very much. Bad Robot apparently got ahold of a very low-budget script called The Cellar, and then tweaked/added to it and thats where we got the 3rd act.

Goodman was fantastic. Couldn't get a true bead on him until it was too late.

The last ten minutes were def. jarring, but I was along for the ride and just went with it. I knew the film would be a little wacky and what happened didn't bother me since they titled it "Cloverfield". Shades of Super 8 in there too.

Didn't notice any easter eggs that linked directly to Cloverfield. To Google I go!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ahhhhh....there were a few:

Kelvin gas
    satellite references
    Bold Futura and Tagruato logos

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    DO NOT READ ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD BEFORE SEEING THE MOVIE...BEST TO GO GO IN COMPLETELY BLIND!

def. more of a spiritual relative to Cloverfield than any sort of sequel/prequel. Still enjoyed it very much. Bad Robot apparently got ahold of a very low-budget script called The Cellar, and then tweaked/added to it and thats where we got the 3rd act.

Goodman was fantastic. Couldn't get a true bead on him until it was too late.

The last ten minutes were def. jarring, but I was along for the ride and just went with it. I knew the film would be a little wacky and what happened didn't bother me since they titled it "Cloverfield". Shades of Super 8 in there too.

Didn't notice any easter eggs that linked directly to Cloverfield. To Google I go!
    Or the Cellar copied Cloverfield. I believe the movie has been in production for awhile. I thought the samething when watching the trailer

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watched today, did not expect the ending, good movie overall. And, reading csfd.cz comments afterwards inspired me to watch Cloverfield (2008), no I haven't seen it before, and it was even better - but, one thing was ruining it for me a bit - I have this dude with the camera and his voice fixed with Silicon Valley... not a good idea here... ;-)

Update: And I just had to google where exactly was Bradley Cooper in the new one. :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 05-22-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, totally loved 10 Cloverfield Lane... can't wait for more!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I expected more from the ending but that's just me, not bad for some psychological mindfuck kind of stuff and Goodman was nuts but after the lead up i felt the payoff was a bit lackluster.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Movie is pretty good. I have to say that Mary Elizabeth Winstead is one of the more underrated actresses out there today. Everything I see her in she's good(even if the movie itself isn't), but not in a showy way, just a very natural way. She really deserves to be considered for more roles, so its good she was featured in this one.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Totally agreed! She was superawesome and her relative anonymity made her performance all the more impressive.

I'm also a big fan of "Party Down," so I'll basically watch ANYTHING with Adam Scott in it, and I randomly stumbled across A.C.O.D. on Netflix two hours ago so I gave it a shot. Not exactly the greatest movie ever, but she shines in it and I didn't even realize it was the chick from 10 Cloverfield Lane until I got to the end credits and recognized her name from your post earlier this morning, lolwtf.

She's cool enough you can even understand passing over Jessica Alba to be with her instead and GODDAMN that's saying something.

DEFINITELY keeping an eye on her now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched this last night and I thought it was really great. It if very hard for me to find a horror movie I like but I liked this. I guess it is more of a suspense movie then horror. I did not like the first Cloverfield movie primarily because all the human characters were so annoying and I was just waiting for them to die. Having a movie that is suppose to be related and yet the opposite with regard to being able to empathize with the characters was interesting. For someone who "panics and runs" she shore was resourceful under pressure.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just watched this one last night. I have mixed feeling about this one. I guess it's not what I expected. I was hoping for a bit more but I can't say I disliked it. Winstead was good, so was Goodman.
    Movie is also a good setup for a third installment. Overall, I'd give this one a solid 7/10.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    finally saw it last night on my computer.

great performance from goodman. the first 45 min felt like a really well done modern twilight zone episode. the rest of the movie was suspenseful enough and served its purpose. i like how they tied in the monster but i wish they had picked a scarier crawler when she was in the shack (or whatever tf that was lol)

im guessing that a cloverfield 3 is on the way??? id defintely watch it. at this rate they could do cloverfield forever from different cities all over the world and build an international time line. but i digress
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 06-16-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    yeah i thought it was kind of wack.
    I just think it would have worked better if the kids were ABSOLUTELY convinced that the goodman character was crazy, and he never did anything THAT fucked off, and then they THOUGHT they had to kill him and opened the door to an apocalyptic nightmare. kinda like that one @Deepvoid where the people turned out to be the zombies.
    But who the fuck am i? it was reasonable.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I just think it would have worked better if the kids were ABSOLUTELY convinced that the goodman character was crazy, and he never did anything THAT fucked off, and then they THOUGHT they had to kill him and opened the door to an apocalyptic nightmare. kinda like that one @Deepvoid where the people turned out to be the zombies.
    I'm glad you mentioned Hidden. Throughout 10 Cloverfield, I was thinking how similar it was to it.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I thought it worked pretty well as it was. Putting yourself in her shoes I'd instantly go full-on, turn-a-toothbrush-into-a-shiv paranoid. That's the kind of situation where you kill everyone just to be sure.
    I liked how ambiguous it was, and how everything was up to interpretation. If the characters were convinced, we would have been too, and it wouldn't have been so distressing then, in my opinion at least...