Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Live Speculation

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Or just do Dissonance version of Hurt. I always liked it a lot. Won't be the same without David's vocals though.
    I assume we can expect some various artists tribute show of sorts? I think TR might be invited.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I would prefer if the band did some of the instrumentals from Low or go all-out on "Scary Monsters".

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I assume we can expect some various artists tribute show of sorts?
    speaking of the devil...

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=822259

No TR though. Actually, It seems like TR is the only person on the planet to not have come out and said something about Bowie... I'm assuming he is in just too much shock. Him and Bowie were like best buds. Least I always saw them as really good friends.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    I suspect the list of performers is far from complete, or this is not the only show. I mean there's just no way more of Bowie's collaborators and band members wouldn't want to perform there. (I only see Visconti and a bunch of unrelated people).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    I suspect the list of performers is far from complete, or this is not the only show. I mean there's just no way more of Bowie's collaborators and band members wouldn't want to perform there. (I only see Visconti and a bunch of unrelated people).
    Oh yeah, no doubt about it, there are going to be tons of these "Tribute" concerts popping up this year. This just seems to be the first one announced, which was eerily announced at midnight Sunday, literally just a bit after Bowie's death was made public.

I'm really derailing this topic now though...

So yeah, I totally can see some Bowie incorporated in any 2016 live performance if there will be any from Trent and co.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I remember the Freddie Mercury tribute was at Wembley Stadium, GNR played We Will Rock You and Bowie was there. I can't imagine there wouldn't be a tribute in the UK

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Still set please.
    i think we'll get these in another decade or so.
    i've always felt that this is what trent would be doing as he gets older.
    and i feel it so strongly that i have convinced myself that it will happen for sure.

He's done a few shows that leaned in that direction. and i don't expect to see him screaming "26 years on my way to hell" in his sixties.
    And i don't expect him to retire from touring. I think he loves it too much, whether he admits it or not.

As for 2016, IF there's a tour, i just hope it's not another "greatest hits" setlist.
    I would love to see some deep cuts and alternate versions of songs (like the new sanctified)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ... and i don't expect to see him screaming "26 years on my way to hell" in his sixties...
    2 more years and that line transforms into denoting the age of the song itself rather than the age of guy who wrote it

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    and i don't expect to see him screaming "26 years on my way to hell" in his sixties.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    2 more years and that line transforms into denoting the age of the song itself rather than the age of guy who wrote it
    What about "FIST FUCK!" ? I mean, that'll be funny til the day we die.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @Krazy , i saw this clip once of trent, pre tds, saying that's what it would say on his tombstone. Trent Reznor. Said "Fist Fuck."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    From the Wish Wikipedia:

"Wish" won the Best Metal Performance in the 1993 Grammy Awards. Referencing a lyric from the song, Reznor later joked that his epitaph should read: "REZNOR: Died. Said 'fist fuck' and won a Grammy

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    i think we'll get these in another decade or so.
    i've always felt that this is what trent would be doing as he gets older.
    and i feel it so strongly that i have convinced myself that it will happen for sure.

He's done a few shows that leaned in that direction. and i don't expect to see him screaming "26 years on my way to hell" in his sixties.
    And i don't expect him to retire from touring. I think he loves it too much, whether he admits it or not.

As for 2016, IF there's a tour, i just hope it's not another "greatest hits" setlist.
    I would love to see some deep cuts and alternate versions of songs (like the new sanctified)
    I dunno, I'd love to hear him saying Fist Fuck at 70+...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    bot seriously @Ryan , don't you think trent will do still type sets in his old age?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The last tour was a bit too static setlist-wise for me. That aside, as long as there is a tour I'll be there. I'd love club shows but I'm planning of getting all the US cities I want to visit out of the way the next time NIN tour the USA, so I'll be fine with large venues for that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I love the greatest hits and Wish is my favorite NIN song so I hope he is performing it as long as he is performing NIN live. However, I had a dream last night that I was at a NIN show this year and it was an acoustic tour. Ah, I can always dream.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    I love the greatest hits and Wish is my favorite NIN song so I hope he is performing it as long as he is performing NIN live. However, I had a dream last night that I was at a NIN show this year and it was an acoustic tour. Ah, I can always dream.....
    The european shows are annoying because of how greatest hits heavy it was.

I may be wrong but given the sheer scale of production that trent tends to bring on the road, that setlists cant vary too much due to what needs to happen visually.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfanb View Post
    The european shows are annoying because of how greatest hits heavy it was.

I may be wrong but given the sheer scale of production that trent tends to bring on the road, that setlists cant vary too much due to what needs to happen visually.
    I am just grateful he still tours so the setlist is never annoying to me. Is there one song I want to hear again, yes but I can't let that spoil my enjoyment of the show. Deep cuts are only for superfans and I feel as many times as I have seen NIN, I probably have seen just about everything once. Even the song I want to hear again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Ilan Rubin just posted an interesting photo on Instagram. It appears he is going on tour (or vacation). Could be nin related or could just be the new regime?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    He did post it as The New Regime on FB so I'm guessing it's a mini European tour as TNR.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    He did post it as The New Regime on FB so I'm guessing it's a mini European tour as TNR.
    Nice catch. I should've check that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Will they honor the tradition of canceling dates in South America?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    not sure if this means much guys but alessandro cortini is playing primavera in june .....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Since it hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread, it's opening up for The Used on their 15th anniversary tour. Late February into early March.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Maybe "new NIN" means literally that - a new incarnation of NIN without Trent in it. Hence no live news. Trolololol.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Opening band should be The Black Queen.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It's spring. Where's that damn tour?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I speculate no tour this year, just one off dates here and there. If he does it will be another easy peasy greatest hits coheadliner with another legacy act, possibly QOTSA again.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    It's spring. Where's that damn tour?
    It's not spring.
    Even if it was, no one said there would be a tour announcement before spring.
    That's where.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    greatest hits coheadliner with another legacy act, possibly QOTSA again.
    I would be so alright with this

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    2 weeks (lollapalooza)?