Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Saw them a while back and they leveled the room, jealous. These shows will be fuckin' killer. Was actually just telling my friend about how Ryan broke both his feet during a show last year and still finished their set lol.
    yeah that swarthy motherfucker doesn't play around.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Mmmmmmmm, I'm seeing Mayhem next Tuesday! \m/

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Just got back from the Mayhem, Immolation and Black Anvil show. Here's some photos of Mayhem, mainly Attila and Necrobutcher

@Prettybrokenspiral
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-29-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Just got back from the Mayhem, Immolation and Black Anvil show. Here's some photos of Mayhem, mainly Attila and Necrobutcher

@Prettybrokenspiral
    on mayhem's drummer, hellhammer:

He has courted controversy in the past by making numerous racist comments and advocating violence against homosexuals. The black metal biography Lords of Chaos quotes him as saying, "I'll put it this way, we don't like black people here. Black metal is for white people.... I'm pretty convinced that there are differences between races as well as everything else. I think that like animals, some races are more ... you know, like a cat is much more intelligent than a bird or a cow, or even a dog, and I think that's also the case with different races."[7] Blomberg said in a 2004 interview, "I don't give a crap if the fans are white, black, green, yellow, or blue. For me music and politics don't go hand in hand."[8] In the 2008 documentary film Until the Light Takes Us he says that he "honor[s]" Bård G. "Faust" Eithun for killing a "fucking faggot"
    don't think i'll ever be listening to them. holy shit, what a dickbag.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    So, looking to pre-order the new Watain album ended up with me buying a ticket to see them live in Greensboro, NC on March 27th! First show of the year!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Speaking of Watain, currently listening to

and for those who like the image of Ghost but wish they were black metal

They are named Batushka( batjushka) and come from Russia I think. They were formed in 2015 and have this one album. They were recently brought to my attention.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Powertrip's "Nightmare Logic" is this era's "Reign in Blood"............great f'ing album. I really hope these guys single-handedly revive thrash metal.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Speaking of Watain, currently listening to

I bought the deluxe $90.00 vinyl edition of that! I’ll post photos when I get it! Like the album?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think its a pretty good solid album. Wish it was a little longer though

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Watain taking some Nazi-related heat these days. That video isn't a good look, but not definitive. Their statement in response was an unequivocal denial though, which is good.