Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just got back from the Mayhem, Immolation and Black Anvil show. Here's some photos of Mayhem, mainly Attila and Necrobutcher

@Prettybrokenspiral
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-28-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Just got back from the Mayhem, Immolation and Black Anvil show. Here's some photos of Mayhem, mainly Attila and Necrobutcher

@Prettybrokenspiral
    on mayhem's drummer, hellhammer:

He has courted controversy in the past by making numerous racist comments and advocating violence against homosexuals. The black metal biography Lords of Chaos quotes him as saying, "I'll put it this way, we don't like black people here. Black metal is for white people.... I'm pretty convinced that there are differences between races as well as everything else. I think that like animals, some races are more ... you know, like a cat is much more intelligent than a bird or a cow, or even a dog, and I think that's also the case with different races."[7] Blomberg said in a 2004 interview, "I don't give a crap if the fans are white, black, green, yellow, or blue. For me music and politics don't go hand in hand."[8] In the 2008 documentary film Until the Light Takes Us he says that he "honor[s]" Bård G. "Faust" Eithun for killing a "fucking faggot"
    don't think i'll ever be listening to them. holy shit, what a dickbag.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, looking to pre-order the new Watain album ended up with me buying a ticket to see them live in Greensboro, NC on March 27th! First show of the year!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Speaking of Watain, currently listening to

and for those who like the image of Ghost but wish they were black metal

They are named Batushka( batjushka) and come from Russia I think. They were formed in 2015 and have this one album. They were recently brought to my attention.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Powertrip's "Nightmare Logic" is this era's "Reign in Blood"............great f'ing album. I really hope these guys single-handedly revive thrash metal.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Speaking of Watain, currently listening to

I bought the deluxe $90.00 vinyl edition of that! I’ll post photos when I get it! Like the album?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think its a pretty good solid album. Wish it was a little longer though

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Watain taking some Nazi-related heat these days. That video isn't a good look, but not definitive. Their statement in response was an unequivocal denial though, which is good.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Forgot to post my live Mayhem video I recorded when I seen them in November. I didn't record a lot.

For anyone interested,

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just got into Carach Angren.

Good stuff.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    went to a show tonight (for the first time since riot fest) with my friend alex.

khemmis, myrkur, wolves in the throne room, enslaved. not enough khemmis or myrkur, and i was hoping she would be a bit more theatrical...still great, though. and i love WITTR but there was too much space in between each song, so by the time enslaved came on (there was 40 minutes between WITTR & enslaved) alex & i were both sore from standing all night. we stayed for most of their set anyway, which was pretty good.

i made the mistake of getting merch just after khemmis so i was holding four records and my coat for most of the show. probably didn't help with the soreness :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    went to a show tonight (for the first time since riot fest) with my friend alex.

khemmis, myrkur, wolves in the throne room, enslaved. not enough khemmis or myrkur, and i was hoping she would be a bit more theatrical...still great, though. and i love WITTR but there was too much space in between each song, so by the time enslaved came on (there was 40 minutes between WITTR & enslaved) alex & i were both sore from standing all night. we stayed for most of their set anyway, which was pretty good.

i made the mistake of getting merch just after khemmis so i was holding four records and my coat for most of the show. probably didn't help with the soreness :/
    Jealous to hear about seeing Myrkur live. Also a coincidence considering I just bought M on vinyl the other day (waiting on delivery).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Jealous to hear about seeing Myrkur live. Also a coincidence considering I just bought M on vinyl the other day (waiting on delivery).
    they sadly didn't have any copies of it at the show so i bought a copy off someone on discogs (and i already own mareridt). i did pick up both khemmis albums as well as diadem of 12 stars by WITTR, and an awesome WITTR pin!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    New akercocke album is beyond good. "Familiar ghosts" is superb. Shame they don't wear suits anymore though

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they sadly didn't have any copies of it at the show so i bought a copy off someone on discogs (and i already own mareridt). i did pick up both khemmis albums as well as diadem of 12 stars by WITTR, and an awesome WITTR pin!
    What press did you get? I got the 2017 repress with silver and purple. It's rad.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    What press did you get? I got the 2017 repress with silver and purple. It's rad.
    that's exactly the one i got!

listened to Diadem Of 12 Stars by WITTR today on vinyl (which i picked up at the show). it's interesting to go back to their first album and see the differences in their sound. pretty sure they can do no wrong in my eyes (ears?)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Unrelenting d beat.

Metal, hardcore, jazz, hip hop. What more can you ask for from a band?

Holy progressive metal musicianship Batman. But not lame progressive.

Best way to start an album off ever? Certainly the best way to start a deathcore album.

Love this video. Another band that is just unrelenting.

These guys should have been bigger. Solid melodic death.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ^^Fallujah is the bee's knees.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Unrelenting d beat.

that's nick yacyshyn (from SUMAC) on drums! i really dig them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    'Scuse the double-post. I'm really surprised that no one here is talking about Taake's US tour being cancelled.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    'Scuse the double-post. I'm really surprised that no one here is talking about Taake's US tour being cancelled.
    I never listened to Taake or knew of them before this incident. Which is odd as I am pretty fluent in the Norwegian scene for knowledge and "Trve Kvlt" offerings. I listen to the likes of Mayhem, Emperor, Darkthrone, Immortal and Burzum so nothing Taake has done is something I haven't seen or read before from shock values in black metal. I don't condone REAL Nazism but I never found the use of the swastika in music to be effective other than to get banned or make people think you're something (and claim) you're not. I'm not personally offended but I always found using it wasn't bright.

Punk musicians in the 1970's used to adorn their clothes and merch with swastikas for shock factor and it usually delivered. This is nothing we haven't seen before.

Thanks random rapper man, you made a lesser known black metal band be sought out by people who didn't know who they were.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As I said, my friends. The video came out amazing but the photos could've been better. I wasn't glued to my phone all night.

@Prettybrokenspiral @Conan The Barbarian

Photos Here

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    lol, since you mentioned to me how bad those heads stunk. As I watched this video, I started to have flash backs of the scent when I saw them with Behemoth. I felt bad as I was blaming the guy infront of me, but it was really just Watain.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Bleeding Through is back with a new album in May. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

The new Bleeding Through track premiered today. Picking up right where they left off.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

The new Bleeding Through track premiered today. Picking up right where they left off.
    While not the most talented musicians, they were a fun distraction in the scene at the time, and clearly ahead of their time with their sound and image. Scene kids took it and made it 1000 times worse after they broke up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    While not the most talented musicians, they were a fun distraction in the scene at the time, and clearly ahead of their time with their sound and image. Scene kids took it and made it 1000 times worse after they broke up.
    Bleeding Through were probably the best "metalcore" that wasn't directly related to hardcore punk. I'm a fan still. *Shrug*

haha.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Don't shrug. I always liked em too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Don't shrug. I always liked em too.
    I’ve always been so used to metalcore and deathcore bashing that when I do like a band of those genres they’re usually shit on excessively haha.