Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Glassjaw

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Glassjaw

I thought there was a thread for these guys. New single out. Apparently, this is from their third album they have been teasing for ten years now. I will believe it when I see it... but I'm loving this new song.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the new song is good, but definitely doesn't hit me emotionally like their usual stuff.

i love the first two albums, but i think My Color Green and Coloring Book contain the best music they've ever made. so innovative and beautiful, and i never tire of listening to them. the new song is definitely more in line with their older stuff, which isn't a bad thing, but slightly disappointing. i was hoping they'd keep pushing forward.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the new song is good, but definitely doesn't hit me emotionally like their usual stuff.

i love the first two albums, but i think My Color Green and Coloring Book contain the best music they've ever made. so innovative and beautiful, and i never tire of listening to them. the new song is definitely more in line with their older stuff, which isn't a bad thing, but slightly disappointing. i was hoping they'd keep pushing forward.
    MCG and CB (acronyms!) were definitely better musically and songwriting-wise, but the energy of their older stuff was tremendous. It seems like this is trying to recapture that a bit.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This new song is pretty great, but I feel like Glassjaw is the post-hardcore TOOL. They keep promising an album that I'm not sure they actually intend to put out, and their core fanbase are too obsessed to realize otherwise. I mean, everyone remembers the Coloring Book vinyl fiasco? That took them, what, two years of holding on to people's money before they actually released that?

Granted, I love Glassjaw, and I'm glad I got to see them on the Worship & Tribute tour back in the day, but I'll believe they're releasing a new album when I'm actually holding that shit in my hands.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Big Glassjaw fan, just not of this song. The production sounds really bad. Hopefully the rest of the new album will be better.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Personally I am more interested in the third Head Automatica album: I loved Popaganda.
    Never really cared for Glassjaw...Worship and Tribute was a cool album, but I don't think I've played it in a decade.
    Daryl is a talented vocalist, but I don't think he's ever quite found the perfect vehicle for his voice yet.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Personally I am more interested in the third Head Automatica album: I loved Popaganda.
    Never really cared for Glassjaw...Worship and Tribute was a cool album, but I don't think I've played it in a decade.
    Daryl is a talented vocalist, but I don't think he's ever quite found the perfect vehicle for his voice yet.
    have you heard coloring book? i think you'd enjoy it a lot more than their older stuff.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Agreed. I was really glad we got anything at all with My Color Green, and Coloring Book. Most of the time now, I listen to their older material out of nostalgia. With Coloring Book and MCG, I can revisit that material whenever and get lost in with it. Definitely their most impressive work out of their discography. Hearing it live is a fucking treat I tell you. This new song is pretty good, just seems like them going through the motions. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture
    Personally I am more interested in the third Head Automatica album

I have been patiently waiting for Swan Damage to come out myself. All the live material of that album I could find sound fantastic. Daryl was interviewed on the Island for the Hampton newspaper, and he said it was a go... that was three years ago. Same story with Daryl with anything he touches. Look at Color Film... instead of the album that was announced, all we got was an EP.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    nearly spat my red wine on my MacBook as I just read they are playing Cardiff next month with Coheed and Cambria. The last gig they played there was incredible. I'm so into this.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    shows have started people! played a few gigs in England thus far. Played another new song called Shira that someone caught on video...

I like it. Apparently the other new songs played (7 total) at the first tiny warm-up gig at some bar in London were more EYEWTKAS-esque in the heavy guitar work & drumming. One guys dscribed it as a wall of sound. Guess we'll see!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I thought the title said "Shinra". I was about to lose my shit, but nonetheless, I cannot wait to hear a studio version of the new track. I've seen them 6 times and am patiently awaiting them to play White Locust again even thought it will probably never happen. I'm still regretting not going to the Worship and Tribute anniversary show .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The guitar in the splash page isn’t anything new. It’s from “All Good Junkies Go To Heaven.” That said I am EXTREMELY excited about a new album.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Oh fuck, I had no idea this was coming...can't wait.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Letssss gooo!! NewWhiteExtremity was kind of a mess to listen to at first, but it kind of grew on me. Cannot believe this is finally coming out after a 10 year build-up to the album.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Letssss gooo!! NewWhiteExtremity was kind of a mess to listen to at first, but it kind of grew on me. Cannot believe this is finally coming out after a 10 year build-up to the album.
    Yeah not a fan of NWE. It's supremely messy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seems like they're sending out flexi-discs to promote the new album. I got one, I'm guessing, because I ordered Coloring Book from their website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw them open for The Used on Sunday. I have never listen to them until then. I may check out their discography on my spare time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man I love GJ. New GJ, New NIN, New ATD-I, it's fantastic.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Seems like they're sending out flexi-discs to promote the new album. I got one, I'm guessing, because I ordered Coloring Book from their website.
    Hope the person that receives mine enjoys it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I saw them with The Used a week ago. They played NWE, Shira & My Conscious Weights A Ton and they all sounded great. I received a flexi-disc as well. I'm not a vinyl head...can't believe something like this would play on a turntable but apparently it would.

Album is def. coming out 12/1 or thereabouts. Too much is going on for this to be another false start. GJ is one of my all-time favorites. I've seen them live prolly around 20 times now, met Daryl & other rotating members a few times. They are supremely important band that melded their hardcore roots into something so much more. Let's not even get into how many bands ripped them off...

My favorite time seeing them live...great show on it's own merits, and a special day for me personally also:

And no, Mr. Palumbo doesn't rock that backpack the entire set lol
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 11-23-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i just want to be able to pre-order some vinyl, dangit! i'm guessing that'll go live on the first in conjunction with the digital release?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Official upload to GlassjawVEVO. shira is also available under "Glassjaw - Topic" now:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    To be honest, never once listened to this band but just listened to the post above and liked what I heard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    To be honest, never once listened to this band but just listened to the post above and liked what I heard.
    Check out Worship and Tribue (the entire album). Sooooo good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    i'm personally a much bigger fan of their two EPs ("Our Color Green" & "Coloring Book") as i find them more interesting, but i still love their two albums. hoping this is going to be good, especially since it has billy rymer (of the dillinger escape plan) on drums.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    new white extremity (4:25)
    shira (3:57)
    citizen (2:21)
    golgotha (3:04)
    strange hours (4:09)
    bastille day (2:22)
    pompeii (3:49)
    bibleland 6 (3:30)
    closer (2:38)
    my conscience weighs a ton (2:44)
    material control (1:25)
    cut and run (2:10)

total: (36:34)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    new white extremity (4:25)
    shira (3:57)
    citizen (2:21)
    golgotha (3:04)
    strange hours (4:09)
    bastille day (2:22)
    pompeii (3:49)
    bibleland 6 (3:30)
    closer (2:38)
    my conscience weighs a ton (2:44)
    material control (1:25)
    cut and run (2:10)

total: (36:34)
    15 years for an album that's barely 40 minutes!

I'm actually very happy with that. These lengths are making me feel like it's gonna be like EYEWTKAS.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Is anyone else worried about the production? Shira sounds mostly great except for that awful muddy bass.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Is anyone else worried about the production? Shira sounds mostly great except for that awful muddy bass.
    Dude I fucking LOVE how thick that bass sounds. It's great.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Dude I fucking LOVE how thick that bass sounds. It's great.
    Yesss. It works very well on this track for sure. I couldn't say the same for NWE... what a mess.