Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Star Wars Battlefront

Couldn't find a thread.

Anybody playing in the beta yet? I've got early access since yesterday on PC.

Origin ID= thelastdisciple

You'll have to get the beta while it's hot, only available for a few days unfortunately. Starts the 8th proper and ends on the 12th.

10GB download FYI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was looking for the beta on my ps4 this morning before I left for work so it would be downloaded for when I got home but it wasn't available yet, hopefully will be later on in the day, watched some live streams last night and it looks pretty awesome

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I enjoyed what I played but the servers and/or matchmaking is horrendous. It does nothing but disconnect you from matches left and right. Sucks really. The "It's in beta" excuse bullshit isn't going to cut it either.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    What platform are you running the Beta?

I getting a lot of micro-stuttering and rubber-banding on the PC and whenever I choose to quit the current session the game hangs.
    I'm not getting the disconnection problems you are getting.

I'm surprised I can run the game on high settings. It looks phenomenal and the game play feels good so far.
    Not a guaranteed purchase until all the bugs are squashed and my concerns about longevity are dissuaded.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    What platform are you running the Beta?

I getting a lot of micro-stuttering and rubber-banding on the PC and whenever I choose to quit the current session the game hangs.
    I'm not getting the disconnection problems you are getting.

I'm surprised I can run the game on high settings. It looks phenomenal and the game play feels good so far.
    Not a guaranteed purchase until all the bugs are squashed and my concerns about longevity are dissuaded.
    Xbox One. I haven't touched it since Thursday so no clue if it'd remain as horrible as it was then.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Beta ran pretty smoothly...didn't get any disconnection issues at all actually. I like Drop Zone more than Walker Assault.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I had no issues playing the PC beta, no sutters, disconnects or rubber-banding. Not even the hangs on match quit.

Matchmaking is definitely hit and miss though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Playing it on PS4, no issues at all. Beautiful looking game, that canyon on Tatooine looks like a damn photograph!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I just realized that I had not updated to the latest beta drivers that were released for Battlefront.
    Everything runs smoothly now that I updated my drivers.

I'm still a bit skeptical about how Battlefront won't get boring after the first 3 months.
    I hate how match making was handled for this game.
    Their reasoning for not adding a server browser is just plain stupid and it makes it near impossible to play with friends in a pvp match.

All in all I'm going to hold off buying SWBF until it goes on sale for cheap if I'm still interested.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah i definitely have to wonder how fast it'll run out of steam, you can only do such redundant things so much but I'm sure there will be a lot of DLC planned to liven things up.

Great game design though and as a Star Wars fan I'm just tickled. The single player/co-op survival missions are supposed to have a lot more waves so maybe that coupled with a lot more of the maps and locations could make it more worthwhile.

There will obviously be more content in the game when it launches but to justify $70 or $80? yeah i dunno........ I won't be buying it right away that's for sure.

Excited to see footage of the Jakku level once it comes out.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The graphics in this game are a total dream, but the game itsepf is excruciatingly boring....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I feel that most may forget that the beta is literally like 1% of the game. Playing the walker assault mode on Endor? The full game is going to be bonkers.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Lots of great points.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Lots of great points.
    Hell yes it does. Had me at 'I'm 34 and honestly, you don't know what you have.' This generation of gamers really missed out, and it's kinda sad. Nobody has nearly as much fun as we did.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Downloaded the beta yesterday, gave it a few spins and I wasn't as entertained as I thought it would be but, I am keeping in mind that this is just the beta. I personally enjoyed the single player survival mode more than the Walker Assault.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Downloaded the beta yesterday, gave it a few spins and I wasn't as entertained as I thought it would be but, I am keeping in mind that this is just the beta. I personally enjoyed the single player survival mode more than the Walker Assault.
    I liked it a lot more than I expected to, but I generally hate first person shooters... so my opinion is going to be kind of weird there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Season pass is going to be $50. lolololololol gtfo

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'll wait till the inevitable game of the year edition that comes with all the dlc for regular price of game. I had fun with the beta, but I'm not about to spend 120 on it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bought that shit with a gift card. Cost me $21.08. Wooooo!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Gonna pick it up soon!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gonna snag it after work and try to get some in before going to a show tonight...pumped, though my friend says it's very very shallow. Oh well.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm not expecting too much, even though I'm really excited, it's weird haha.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It looks really fucking awesome, but I know I wouldn't play it after a couple of weeks. They really needed a single player story to it, the environments/atmosphere are just too good to not use for that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    What a waste of money. Repetitive as hell, only 11 blasters??? The graphics are outstanding, but that won't save this. It is fun when it is, but it loses it's charm fast for me. Plus, Luke is OP as fuck. I'll give it a little more time to sink in, but first impressions are mediocre at best.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    From what I've been hearing, it's not worth the 60. I'm going to wait for a price drop, or whatever. Not paying full price for your typical release from ea. Release a rushed, unfinished product and make the gullible consumer pay another 50 for the rest.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well the beta was flawless as far as performance that's all i know. If something changed between then and now then that's pretty shitty.

Of course a matter of content and balance issues, that's another thing. I wish i had the money for this.

On that note:
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 11-18-2015 at 02:13 AM.