Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Westworld (HBO miniseries)

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Amen.
    I have a feeling that the big secret that Delos wanted was Spoiler: how to put human consciousness into the hosts. i think that's probably why he killed himself. i think he really died, as Bernard is shown his body all rotting with maggots and such, but i think he put his consciousness into like the collective consciousness of the hosts, to where he can go from one to another as he pleases.
    Looks like I was right about that theory

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The recent episode was fine, but the samurai duel at the begining was a great example of some of the new seasons big issues.

-the fight has no stakes because we aren't familiar with either of it's participants, the outcome is fairly obvious, and because we know the Shogun world detour is coming to an end.
    -Maive's "powers" come and go as the writers please, and increase and decrease in functionality depending on the need of the plot.
    -maive's own motivation in that scene to let them "decide their fate" is undercut by her having forced a man to kill himself just like 2 minutes earlier.

And then sure enough we are out of it just a moment after. And it's hard to say that any event in Shogun world made much of a difference.

Episode opens with blunt exposition from Dolores and Bernard, later we watch as she begins to experience regret about what she did to Teddy.... But it's like, she's the hard bitch that cornered him in a room with a rotting cow carcass right after fucking him. So that whole arc is now a break neck roller coaster with no pacing at all

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    is it possible that they final outcome is that the hosts and ford go out into the world Lawnmower Man / Her style? No physical bodies.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    This last episode was probably the most beautiful of the entire series.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was amazing and quite moving, I must say.

I think I got a pretty good idea where the Man In Black story will go next week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Best episode of the series I think.
    That show really works when it can combine the philosophical themes about identity and consciousness with an emotional plot and performance. Whenever they try and shoot action sequences the shows falls flat.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Best episode of the series I think.
    That show really works when it can combine the philosophical themes about identity and consciousness with an emotional plot and performance. Whenever they try and shoot action sequences the shows falls flat.
    If the majority of the show was more similar to that episode, this would be one of the best shows I've ever seen. I'd trade the half-hearted action for gripping and thought-provoking stories about the characters in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My reaction after the final fade to black:
    "NOOOOO!"

Only then I realized this was actually the end, and it was great, and I want more!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    that episode re-energized me for this show. Great storytelling. Probably the best epsiode of the whole series. Less murdering 80 people indiscriminately every episode, poor skirmish tactics by trained humans against robots, Charlotte Hale, Professor X Thandie Newton & Dolores, and more of this.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Happy Father's Day

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    I just lost my shit when I figured out that it was Jeffery Wright in Basquiat, which is one of my all time favorite movies.
    Boom. For real!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wait... why did I think it ended with Episode 8? :-) Bring it on tonite, yay! :-)