Thread: Boris

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Boris

New Album v2 just came out, and seems to use the vinyl mix of the Japanese New Album, but with a new mix of "Luna" (from their split with Torche) in place of the alternate mix of "Black Original." glad they went with these mixes — "Flare" feels utterly incomplete without the intro!

also, Conspiracy Records are selling copies of The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked 2 & 3 on orange vinyl (for a pricey €30! plus shipping from Belgium!). you can check them out on discogs.com; their regular store isn't selling them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had no idea who Boris was until I saw them open for NIN during the Lights in the Sky tour. It seemed like most people in the crowd hated them, but I thought they put on a brillant show. So much power and energy, I loved it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    New tour and new album "Präparat" scheduled this year.

Boris have added extra single-night headlining dates surrounding their special series of US residency shows in several major markets beginning in late April in addition to Austin Psych Fest on the 27th of that month. The residency tour, billed as “from the past, the present and through to the future” features Boris playing 2 consecutive nights in each city. For the first night, the band will perform its all-time classics along with many new songs never before played in the US. The second night’s set features most of Boris’ cult classic album Flood along with a noise/drone/experimental set. These additional one-off dates will combine all-time classics with part of Flood and other songs’ US debut. Throughout the tour, Boris will once again perform in their classic trio lineup without any support musicians. The first round of support bands include Marriages , Young Widows, Pallbearer and Deafheaver on select shows updated below - more supports to be announced soon.

BORIS US TOUR 2013
    04/23 San Diego, CA @ The Casbah %
    04/24 Phoenix, AZ @ The Crescent Ballroom %
    04/26 Denton, TX @ Rubber Gloves
    04/27 Austin, TX @ Carson Creek - Austin Psych Fest
    04/29 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade !!
    04/30 Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle !!
    05/01 Washington DC @ Rock and Roll Hotel * !!
    05/02 Washington DC @ Rock and Roll Hotel *
    05/03 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts !!
    05/04 Allston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall * !!
    05/05 Allston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall *
    05/06 New York, NY @ Le Poisson Rouge * !!
    05/07 New York, NY @ Le Poisson Rouge *
    05/09 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop !!
    05/10 Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall * !!
    05/11 Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall * &
    05/12 St. Louis, MO @ Firebird &
    05/13 Lincoln, NE @ Bourbon Theater &
    05/14 Denver, CO @ Bluebird &
    05/18 Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile *
    05/19 Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile * w/drcarlsonbion
    05/21 San Francisco, CA @ Rickshaw Stop * w/ Bosse-de-Nage
    05/22 San Francisco, CA @ Rickshaw Stop * ^^
    05/23 Los Angeles, CA @ The Echoplex * ^^
    05/24 Los Angeles, CA @ The Echoplex * ^^
    * residency shows

% w/ Marriages
    !! w/ Young Widows
    & w/ Pallbearer
    ^^ w/ Deafheaven

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Präparat, plus a VEIN reissue on CD (with the same design!), and a CD box set for The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked that includes an entirely new recording with Michio Kurihara. already a great year of money to Boris...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Boris opened for NIN?!

Yep they are very good, pink & heavy rocks are the best imo. "Farewell" is really nice

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Boris opened for NIN?!

Yep they are very good, pink & heavy rocks are the best imo. "Farewell" is really nice
    Indeed. It was AWESOME. Very Pink heavy set, and they closed with the untitled 20 minute drone from Smile. Punishingly loud. Dare I say even louder than NIN were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That Grog Shop date is tempting especially because I work for a concert venue in Cleveland now and have the connect to get into Grog for free (did that for GZA's Liquid Swords show last year). I'll probably go.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    May have to make the drive down to Seattle if I can, missed them the last time they were anywhere relatively close. Wish they were playing with Deafheaven...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So going to the second night in San Francisco. Flood is my favorite Boris album and one of my favorite albums, period. Excited to see Deafheaven as well. Their new one is highly anticipated. o_m, apparently they are going to announce a full US tour pretty soon.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    (sorry to derail)
    @blackholesun Yeah I'm hella pumped for Sunbather. I'm actually FB friends with George and was talking to him a few hours ago lol. It's all done, 7 tracks and just over 60 minutes long haha...Dream House (only new song released so far) is track 1 and he refuses to send me any other tracks lol. Seen them twice and it's always a great show. Fuck, would love to see them with Boris...that'd be a killer show!

(end of thread derail, sorry again)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Präparat leaked. Every time I think Boris can't get any weirder, they release another album.

Some songs have cool stuff going on but others sound like I walked into their rehearsal area and I'm just listening to them fuckin around....but either way, it's alright.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    agreed about the weird variety. however, "Elegy" is one of their best songs ever. worth it just for that!

i didn't buy it, though, and i'm glad i didn't.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah me too. I don't mind them doing different things, they're an incredibly progressive band and I applaud them for that instead of just always wanting to redo Worship or Pink or something...but at the same time, it doesn't always mean I'm 100% into what they do with each release. Boris is one of my favorite bands but besides the cool rareness factor of owning it on vinyl, I may have felt a little let down if I bought it as well.