Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Looking for David Bowie / Trent Reznor interviews

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Looking for David Bowie / Trent Reznor interviews

I’m an English professor at a university. This semester in my linguistics class I’m teaching students how to conduct interrogations. Basically how to use nonverbal, paralinguistic, and linguistic clues to find out information that someone is hiding or lying about.

Yesterday in class I showed the 1995 120 minutes interview with David Bowie and Trent Reznor and walked them through times where they showed things like suppressed emotional reactions, deception, and when they stated things about each other that neither agreed with.

The class did well considering we’re just beginning the course, but quite frankly, they need a LOT more practice. So I am looking for more interviews and would like you all’s help. I’ve already given biographical background on Bowie and Reznor, so interviews with either of them would be cool. But any artist works.

Do you guys know of interesting interviews (at least two minutes long) that I could show in class to help my students practice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's this one with Kurt Loder:

I know that Bowie talks about his record company relationship with the Outside album going along "swimmingly", but I recall they rejected Outside at some point and he had to change some things. I always thought Bowie would sarcastically remark about something with almost a enthusiastic tone, where if you never knew the background you'd never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    There’s another one with them on the same couch with a female interviewer here:

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackeryH View Post
    This is probably the most awkward interview I recall Bowie ever doing:

I could barely get through part 1 of that. Shudder.