Thread: Street Fighter

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just me, or are the trials kinda hard?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Just me, or are the trials kinda hard?
    Combo and move trials are always hard in fighting games but especially difficult in Capcom made 2D fighters. Those achievements and unlockables never see the light of day on my gamertag ever.

I don't have SFV but I'm just gonna agree with your question as I am sure they are.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think I'm going to be able to finish them. It's that hard for me... Thankfully, I have enough FP to buy two characters, and Alex is free. Trials is probably a no-go.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I can't believe they're still trying to gouge more money from people to pay for the full version of this game.

It was obviously an incomplete product when it launched... the backlash was severe and deserving. The only sensible thing Capcom could have done was refund everyone who bought the season pass and get the first rounds of free DLC out asap.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This stuff is way beyond my skill level. Some of this stuff I didn't even know was possible.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The scary part is that compared to SFIV trials, these are kind of a joke (not trying to be that asshole bragging guy, really not - but the curve for combos in this game is way more lenient than in SFIV). I could actually see myself using some of these in a fight.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quite a few people are saying it was easy and they finished them all within an hour. I just can't get the timings down at all. Especially when it wants you to cancel from a special to a critical. So yeah, it's probably a cakewalk for some. But, not for me. And when I finally do manage to do it (probably by fluke), it took ages.

I would hope and assume that these would at least help me become better though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So Ibuki is the next character. Not familiar with her. Guessing she's in the June update since they completely glossed over the may update.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well, since they released the Story Mode and I want more casual playtime on my PS4 I said fuck it and bought V even though I said I wouldn't near the top of the thread. I quit my current job for a new one and got two paychecks this week so I said why not?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wait, the patch is out?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wait, the patch is out?
    "Before end of June" and I seen gameplay of it. I'd guess Tuesday but regardless, decent enough time to jump in.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Knowing how they've supported this game, who knows when it'll come out. I'm still salty on how they just tried glossing over the lack of a may update without saying anything (they caught flack for that). I'm going to guess and say that it'll probably be end of the week. They wait until the very last second to release the updates.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not really surprised to see the matchmaking is still broken, lop sided garbage. I got lucky and got a 6 win streak in ranked this morning. I got to 400 LP. Then tonight I get a losing streak against people in Bronze rank (I'm still a Rookie) and other random assholes, including a Laura player thats level 279 and managed to get a Perfect the first round without me even having a chance to land one punch. I ended up dropping to 226 LP before calling it. I was only on for 15 minutes and got pissed enough to rage quit that fucking fast. Never been good at this series but Jesus Christ, what the fuck. Losing streaks are never fun but if I lose in a close match or whatever I don't mind. Getting mopped up on the floor without landing a punch isn't a learning experience its a waste of time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Matchmaking is still a work in progress (like everything else). I'm not very good. Especially when i'm put against people with 3000 LP...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Matchmaking is still a work in progress (like everything else). I'm not very good. Especially when i'm put against people with 3000 LP...
    I always liked SF but I always sucked ass at it. Always will. Could never learn combos in this series. Tekken and Mortal Kombat on the other hand.....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been years since I played a tekken game. The newer MK games are not very casual friendly. It's all about fast juggle combos that make my brain hurt when I try. In SF, it's simpler. But, my timing is WAY off.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ibuki AND Balrog on 7/1. Guessing that's our July update too.