Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Outcast

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Outcast

ITT: Atticus doesn't sleep.

Atticus announced to score upcoming creepy thing "Outcast", full press release below <3

http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.co...kmans-upcoming

FOX International Studios (FIS) today announced that Atticus Ross, Grammy, Golden Globe, and Academy Award-winning composer, producer, and electronic musician, is on board to score Robert Kirkman’s upcoming exorcism drama “Outcast,” produced for Cinemax by FOX International Studios (FIS). This marks Ross’ television series score debut.

Ross’ acclaimed film work includes the score for David Fincher’s The Social Network, which earned him the Oscar and the Golden Globe, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Gone Girl with long-time collaborator Trent Reznor. He also composed the music for the Hughes Brothers’ The Book of Eli, Bill Pohlad’s Love & Mercy, and Michael Mann’s Blackhat among others. Ross first garnered attention in the mid-1990’s as a programmer for Tim Simeon’s Bomb the Bass and later for co-producing and programming five Nine Inch Nails albums with Reznor: With Teeth, Year Zero, The Slip, the instrumental Ghosts I-IV, and Hesitation Marks.

“Who can’t recall the shrieking violins in the Psycho shower scene or the repetitious two notes that play before a shark attack in Jaws?” said Kirkman. “A haunting and epic score is critical in the telling of horror on any screen, and we’re privileged to have Atticus on board to help illustrate Kyle Barnes’ story.”

“I’m excited to be working with Robert Kirkman and the whole ‘Outcast’ team. Hopefully we’ll be able provide sonic justice for Robert’s depraved and brilliant vision,” said Ross.

“’Outcast’ is an incredibly special series that requires a measured and distinctive sound. Atticus’ musical genius will take the show to a whole new level,” added Sharon Tal Yguado, Head of FOX International Studios.

Comic-Con goers will get a first look at “Outcast” on Saturday, July 11, in Room 6DE at 3:00 p.m. Panelists include creators and executive producers Robert Kirkman and Chris Black, cast members Patrick Fugit (Kyle Barnes), Philip Glenister (Reverend Anderson), and Wrenn Schmidt (Megan Holter). Kumail Nanjiani (HBO’s “Silicon Valley”) will moderate, followed by a fan autograph signing at 5:45 p.m at Warner Bros. Booth #4545.

“Outcast,” the TV adaptation of Kirkman/Skybound’s comic book by the same name, was developed by FIS and was picked up to series by Cinemax in the US and by FOX International Channels (FIC) outside the US earlier this year. The series follows Kyle Barnes, a young man who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a journey to find answers, but what he uncovers could mean the end of life on Earth as we know it.

“Outcast” is expected to premiere day & date on Cinemax in the U.S. and across FIC’s FOX-branded entertainment channels in over 125 countries worldwide in 2016.

Kirkman serves as executive producer alongside David Alpert of Circle of Confusion, Sue Naegle of Naegle Inc., and Sharon Tal Yguado of FIS.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    >press release says it's his first TV score
    >clearly LITERALLY no one saw Touching Evil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I watched Touching Evil! I was hooked when the last act of the first episode was scored by TDTWWA.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    https://play.spotify.com/user/outcas...1RM7CRooj2aRwI

Atticus made a playlist to theme with the show. Lots of score in there (including Midnight Express, which is one of my favourite scores of all time)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    https://play.spotify.com/user/outcas...1RM7CRooj2aRwI

Atticus made a playlist to theme with the show. Lots of score in there (including Midnight Express, which is one of my favourite scores of all time)
    Some good stuff here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It's really nice to see Atticus getting some praise in his own right

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Trailer. With music

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    New preview, looks fucking creepy (with some music)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    New preview, looks fucking creepy (with some music)
    Jesus!! That is a trailer I'll definitely remember more for the visual than the music...! Piqued my interest certainly! See Philip Glenister (Life on Mars etc) is in there too, all sounding good at the moment!
    Last edited by simonn; 10-10-2015 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First episode is on demand and Max Go ahead of its premiere next month.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Thought I was just going to watch a quick little preview and wound up watching the entire first episode instead!

Great stuff, top-to-bottom. Definitely gonna be keeping an eye out for this show in the future.

Oh, and EXCELLENT SCORE, of course!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So yeah, @RocketScience turned me onto this the other day, and i have since caught all 4 episodes. @sheepdean , what you told me about who does what in NIN is on full display in parts of this score.

And i am really digging the fuck out of the show, mother and wifey too.
    I feel that the supernatural horror genre has been woefully unexplored by popular serial television.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    okay so i've been watching season 2 and i know FOR SURE that it says "music by atticus ross" on one of the episodes.
    i was really tired and am not certain about the rest.
    do you guys know what the score is here?