Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN on Apple Music

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    There's something called "The March" in its place. Can anyone who's heard the playlist shed some light on what it is?
    It has elements of Skin Of A Drum, as previously mentioned, but my first thought was an alternate/early version of Pilgrimage.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    What's with the thread name? NIN on (dot) music?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What's with the thread name? NIN on (dot) music?
    I'm guessing they had the Apple logo, but it didn't take.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @Dimitri. I took the liberty of taking your recording and try to fix the skips in the second half.. it's definitely not ideal, but it's better than the constant dropping of the right channel https://soundcloud.com/telekom/nin-h...ng-is-not-okay

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks. It's really easy for anyone to record the rest. Iphone -> Bluetooth speakers -> Input -> Audacity.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yeah, problem is I don't have an iPhone

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Holy fuck that guitar at the end of All the Love in the World has never even stood out to me until just now.

I'm not down with the apple music only thing despite having an iphone just because I really think this should be easily accessible to everyone and TDS instrumentals were all freely available on nin.remix but goddamn, it's just great for there to be any version of these available at all. So much on With Teeth is sticking out differently.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wow this is a surprise. So is this like Trent's prelude to releasing the reissued Fragile?

And what's with (Alt) next to already instrumental tracks like La Mer and Just Like You Imagined?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Wow this is a surprise. So is this like Trent's prelude to releasing the reissued Fragile?

And what's with (Alt) next to already instrumental tracks like La Mer and Just Like You Imagined?
    Yet to listen but I'm assuming there's differences between they and their main album counterparts.
    @tony.parente please tell me you're jamming to the instrumental of The Collector too, I know you're a fellow W_T fan on here. Holy hell this is incredible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So how do we play them? Do I need to sign up for an Apple Account?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    it says i need itunes 12.2 but it seems i can only get itunes 12.1.2.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Unsuccessfully trying to access those songs via Windows laptop in Germany. What a great "experience for the listener". Good job, moron(s).

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wow, I love how they've given us the full waterfall image used on The Fragile cover for the album art.

And is "Hello, Everything Is Not OK" in honor of the lyrics in All Time Low?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Unsuccessfully trying to access those songs via Windows laptop in Germany. What a great "experience for the listener". Good job, moron(s).
    Dude, it's Germany, you should know better by now to expect any music to be accessible :P

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Well that's just stupid, call it 10MH (alt) or something then.

Sigh, Trent, why couldn't you make it easier to pirate
    I agree.

The vinyl version track arrangement was confusing enough - now we have another one in the mix haha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I don't know about Germany specifically, but it sounds like Apple Music is not going to be available in all countries today. Not what people hoped but pretty standard.

Also, you need to have iTunes 12.2, although I'm guessing you know that from the post above yours.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll try it tomorrow but i find it a bit annoying as a long term fan that we need to be forced part of the new "apple music" experience. Nothing against apple but just release the Deluxe Edition of the Fragile like we have been waiting direct to your fans from YOUR website.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anyone plan to rip the video and audio of Copy of A posted on Apple Music?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    As someone with an iPhone and access to Apple Music, (itunes update not showing up yet in my iMac app updates) if there's any way to rip these tracks without the need of an external piece of equipment or software/app, PM me.

...so I can put these on my iPod of course. Only so I can listen to something I paid for without having to steam it. Yeah. That's why.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Sweet Jesus, the ending to Sunspots was AMAZING

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    As someone with an iPhone and access to Apple Music, (itunes update not showing up yet in my iMac app updates) if there's any way to rip these tracks without the need of an external piece of equipment or software/app, PM me.

...so I can put these on my iPod of course. Only so I can listen to something I paid for without having to steam it. Yeah. That's why.
    My understanding is The Fragile ones will be available soon. I've heard nothing of With Teeth yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well, the m4a zip i was just linked - only thing that will play in there, for me, is the year zero commercial. strange. regardless of what i use that i use otherwise to listen to m4a files.

trying... droid? ... hahah

edit: looks like PowerAmp on Android will play it. ..... riiight. hahaha, strange.
    Last edited by Ponderance; 06-30-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Here's the Year Zero commercial from the linked .zip, only thing I did was rename the file extension from .m4a to .m4v...

Audio and video works on my end in Quicktime and VLC.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Does anyone plan to rip the video and audio of Copy of A posted on Apple Music?
    What's special about it?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It has elements of Skin Of A Drum, as previously mentioned, but my first thought was an alternate/early version of Pilgrimage.
    TR was meticulous about the tracklist, though. If it was related to "Pilgrimage," it'd be in that spot in the tracklist – same for "The Frail."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Anyone else hear a glitch/digi-noise @ 00:39 on La Mer (alt)? I can't be the only one that is annoyed by this.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Anyone else hear a glitch/digi-noise @ 00:39 on La Mer (alt)? I can't be the only one that is annoyed by this.
    Yeah I heard that one and a few others

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Anyone who wants to download these files in the best possible quality, here's how:

1. Go to the Nine Inch Nails Connect page.
    2. Click "add to my music" beside each song title
    3. Back under the "My Music" tab, click "make available offline" beside each song title
    4. Right click any song and select "show in windows explorer"

There you have it. This only works on songs that are shared for free through Connect, so I believe that it's intentional and completely legal.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    As far as the "Copy of a" video, all I could download was 50meg 1280x720 m4v. Is this the highest quality available?

The instrumental tracks I saved are 256k AAC.

In terms of free NIN, this was a pretty good day despite all the whining and fuss. I hope there's a lot more shit added before the 3 month freebie expires.