Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wayward Pines

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Wayward Pines

So who is watching this awesome shit? Join the thread and conversation.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....sQ9Fl0VCkk</a>
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-15-2015 at 08:22 AM. Reason: fixed video url

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm gonna check it out, it may be a poor man's Twin Peaks but i love that shit, it's what i loved about the Alan Wake video game and what i just might enjoy here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Watched it when it leaked online a few weeks ago...we dug it. It's got just enough of that Lynchian creepiness. Hope it continues well.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I like when something is twin peaks-esque. If it can channel that vibe and weirdness. But this is just aping twin peaks' shit too hard. From top to bottom it doesnt seem to have any of its own ideas or direction. I havent actually seen it, but the title and the sign next to the trees is enough to turn me off. If they had called it something else and marketed it or approached it differently i might have taken an interest when i heard through the grapevine that it was "sort of like twin peaks" instead it comes off like some executives got together and cooked up something that they thought resembled twin peaks... And i just feel like theyre patronizing me.

I might still latch on if i hear that its genuinely good, but what in the actual fuck with the stolen identity here?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I also got Silent Hill and 1408 vibes from the premiere episode if that piques your curiosity at all.

There's also shades of Shyamalan's own "The Village" from what i got.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-15-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Forgot to set my DVR to record this, gonna watch the first one On Demand and go from there. Looks pretty cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I also got Silent Hill and 1408 vibes from the premiere episode if that piques your curiosity at all.

There's also shades of Shyamalan's own "The Village" from what i got.
    Yep, also the first scene was very similar to the first famous scene from "Lost", or that's what I thought.

It's like "Twin Peaks" meets "The Village" meets "Shutter Island" meets "Lost" meets Stephen King stuff...

I downloaded the pilot when it was available many days ago but didn't watch it until last night, then I looked for the next episode thinking it would be already online but it seems that the pilot was online before it aired on tv and the second one is not out yet, so I looked for more info and found out that it's based in a book, I read a review for it and the reviewer said that the ending was good (it's not revealed, except the fact that it's not like Lost's nor Under The Dome's):

http://www.tor.com/2014/06/13/it-was...crouchs-pines/

I don't know, maybe the ending will be disappointing anyway, but the pilot was good enough, much better than anything Shyamalan has done in his last movies (After Earth, Last Airbender, The Happening...).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    First rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club.

Aw shit......... they talked about Fight Club.

GET 'EM!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Surprised by the ending.

Spoiler: Didn't expect Juliette Lewis' character to die that soon

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Oh hey so Charlie Clouser does the score for this show, i didn't even pick up on that.

Pretty cool!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Wow now we're getting a bit Cabin in the Woods-ish.

This show has everything!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Am I the only one that thinks this show kinda sucks?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I dont think it sucks but it is kind of lame. But watchable. I think the biggest thing holding it back is that none of the characters have any real personality or back sstory. They are all super underdeveloped and boring. The worst is the main character. We have no reason to like him and barely know what kind of guy he is, except that he had an affair with another character...

The most offensive thing, by far, is the family going to look for him. The whole husband being a secret agent and we know nothing about him thing is always sort of annoying to me, being that that is pretty much what she signed up for, and ive never been with somebody so conecerned about the finer details of my job. That this bothered her so much that they brought there teenage son to some strange town where he is busy doing possibly dangerius secret service work... Its just one of those shows where everything is driven by the characters being idiots.

Still i like riding out the mystery, but thats it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah to be honest i could care less about the characters and what they're doing, they're all in service to the setting as far as I'm concerned and that's the thing that interests me the most.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The most offensive thing, by far, is the family going to look for him. The whole husband being a secret agent and we know nothing about him thing is always sort of annoying to me, being that that is pretty much what she signed up for, and ive never been with somebody so conecerned about the finer details of my job. That this bothered her so much that they brought there teenage son to some strange town where he is busy doing possibly dangerius secret service work... Its just one of those shows where everything is driven by the characters being idiots.
    She went to look for him because she thought he abandoned his family to run off with Kate, had nothing to do with his job. And the son wanted to go because he knew about the affair and probably wanted to beat the shit out of his dad.

I'm really digging this show, but I can see it stretching itself thin and getting stupid pretty quickly. I'm glad Terrance Howard is gone, fuck that guy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I liked the 1st episode, the 2nd a little less, the 3rd one I barely made it through.. It's starting to feel kinda cheap and soap opera-like. I'll decide whether I want to continue or not after episode 4. If it's bad, I'm out. I wanted to like this.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Has anyone read the books?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I read the book a year ago, so far I've only seen the first episode of the show. Felt very similar to the written version. The book was not very long, though, so I find it difficult to see how they will stretch this out over 8-10 episodes (or whatever # it is). And for what it's worth at the end of the book the author specifically writes about how this story wouldn't have been possible without the influence of Twin Peaks, how he's a huge fan.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There are 3 books though. Is this a limited run show or are they trying to make it a whole series?

Edit: Heard on the radio this morning that this is only going to be 10 episodes.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-11-2015 at 06:08 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    this show obviously owes a lot to twin peaks, but it's fucking great.
    we turned it on a few hours ago and have already watched most of it if i'm not mistaken.

It does also echo The Village, Stephen King's vibe (the Stand in particular,) and Dark City.
    But i don't care. I love it. It has elements of some of my favorite things and that works for me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This show is awesome sauce and I love Matt Dillon. Need watch the last 3 episodes.. no time!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    because of this thread, i decided to check out this show with my girl.
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!??!??!!!
    This show is insane!
    I'm only 3 episodes in, but I hope it can keep up its mindblowingness each episode.
    hooked so far.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The mystery is the only fun of it. But the last two episodes, were so purely exposistional they might as well have just had m. Night sitting on his sofa reading spoilers, it was kind of funny.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm an episode behind. Pretty good so far. I'm still not convinced that everything is how it seems, plot twists included.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The only thing that ever stumped me in this was wondering how the hell they got 2,000 years into the future but then they revealed the stasis chambers. That still doesn't help me figure out how Ethan, his family and Kate got to there in the future when they were in the present in 2014? Or maybe I didn't pay attention. Anyone shed some light?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's got to be some sort of time travel or plan. It seems like they brought the family in to keep him happy. But if they're in modern time, how did the sheriff come across the wife and son before bringing them into town? Maybe I'm missing something.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @Space Suicide , @Piko I think they were showing us two different timelines in those earlier episodes similar to how LOST jumped around but just less obvious at that point without the warping sounds or any sort of date reference to go off of.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i do with agree what @Piko said earlier though . i think they're (we're) still being lied to about something massive.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just seems weird how the sheriff was in both timelines. Either they knew Ethan would be a problem ahead of time, or he went back and got his family.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why couldn't it be that his family was "chosen", just like he was?