Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's IT

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    some things work in a book, different things work in a film adaptation. Even if King hates The Shining movie, I think he'd probably agree with that, and the stark and disturbing sexual horror of the book will not translate well to a film in the same that it divisively works as literature. If we really need the whole "coming of age" "puberty horror" aspect of the book to work in the film, read the book I guess. It's not going to work on screen.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New TV spot released.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    NOPE. This looks cool but i can't do clowns so i'm out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    After hovering for the link I almost skipped this. FYI folks, this is a different TV spot than the one a couple posts above it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    After hovering for the link I almost skipped this. FYI folks, this is a different TV spot than the one a couple posts above it.
    Yeah... I probably should have just embedded the video clip. This one I absolutely loved...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    "IIIT...Eso."

lol

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the official IT Facebook page has posted another quick teaser, no new footage, but we get to hear Pennywise say "want a ballooooooooon???"

The hype is real.

https://www.facebook.com/ITMovie/vid...1488146167472/

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    there's a four minute clip of the Georgie opening scene previewing before screenings of Annabelle Creation.

Naturally it's leaked online.

It's incredible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I read the book when I was in college. It was far too long, but I felt obligated to finish it. I saw a trailer for the movie yesterday. That clown was creepy as hell.
    BTW, when Stephen King appeared before the trailer, his nostrils looked so HUGE. Then I remembered he snorted a lot of coke in the 80s that ate up his nose.
    Last edited by Boots; 08-13-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The leaked clip is really hard to find. On an unrelated note, my inbox is always open...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    The leaked clip is really hard to find. On an unrelated note, my inbox is always open...

also

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

also
    Must have both of them!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Bill Skarsgard nailed Pennywise man... he is perfect.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Can you smell the circus, Georgie?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Can you smell the circus, Georgie?
    It's just so great... That scene alone is better than anything in the 1990 version...

Some thoughts about the 4 minute clip, with spoiler tags for those who want to hold off until it is released,

Spoiler: Ok, it's brilliant. The final shot of Pennywise holding out the boat is absolutely beautiful. Also, the whole "Popcorn! Is that your favorite? It's mine too, because they pop! POP POP POP!!!!" bit is genius, and the slow dissolve into a menacing frown cutting off the laughter... just holy shit. All the details, his highlighted eyes, the drool when he says "can you smell the circus?!" The strange "thoughtful side glance" he makes during the "Pennywise, meet Georgie" bit... it's like he's a kid, remembering his manners. It's faultless. The sad, concerned, mocking look on his face when he says "Remember, Bill's gonna kill you" is insane...

My only "hmmmmph" moment was the sort of beast growl that accompanies the moment where Pennywise opens his eyes felt a little cheap and over-the-top... Then again, I watched it from a cell-phone taping, so maybe it has a better impact in person. Small quibble, I know, but that sort of stuff sticks out at me. I really do wish I had a better audio recording, because it sounds like there's some voice murmuring something in the drain water...

Also, I'm just assuming this isn't just a truncated scene from the movie... There's an important line of dialogue between Pennywise and Georgie that's missing... the line about stuff floating? Given how they've hammered that home as the tagline to the project, it's gotta be in there. Maybe that part of the exchange happens in the segment that's missing at the end of the clip?

Whatever, we've only seen the opening now, and already that's some iconic stuff in there. That's the "hail Satan!" moment from Rosemary's Baby. That's the blood pouring out of the elevator in The Shining. That's the Halloween theme song. I've watched it maybe twenty times now, and it's obvious that the people putting this together are as obsessed with the source material as I am, and they're not just treating this like a horror-season blockbuster home run.

They're trying to make something classic, and if the rest of the movie is half as good as those four minutes, it's gonna be classic.

Must control the hype...

Last edited by Jinsai; 08-14-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The IT VR experience is live now on their website

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Could someone send me this clip? I'm still on the fence and want to see what it's like, if it's worth going to the theaters.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Saw the clip before Annabelle 2, and the shitty part was that when it ended Annabelle started, and we all wanted to watch It

Looked freakin' amazing, scary as fuck!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm pretty much convinced this movie is going to save us all from The Dark Tower. I was extremely skeptical about adapting IT again (and I have none of the nostalgia so many do for the miniseries, so I was never particularly huge on that, either) but every detail we've gotten about this as its gone on has only given more reason to be hopeful. It seems like the right people all got involved and the right budget got handed to them and the right timing allowed them to nail it down while they all could.

I remember carrying the paperback around when I was 12 in middle school where we weren't allowed to have backpacks and it would leave marks on my arm from carrying it along with all my other school stuff. I remember sitting in math class after finishing a test and reading the backstory of Derry. I remember sitting in my bedroom in the apartment I was living in and reading about the bubbles in the sink. That book totally enraptured me and swept me away into its blue-tinted quiet terror and melancholy over the death of childhood that we all go through and I cannot wait to see that translated well onto the screen. It's been too long since we had a great King adaptation, but this looks like it'll be it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    also, remember that gauging advertising budget splurging is often a sign that the studio knows they've got something good to sell. I've never seen a horror movie with anywhere near this much of an elaborate advertising push.

There's a reason the advertising visibility for the Dark Tower wound down with a whimper as the release date approached.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I must see this clip...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Likewise. *cough inconspicuous cough*

On that note, all the buzz about the film turned me into one of the legions now reading the DT books, and while I normally find SK very hit-or-miss, I'm utterly hooked here. One week and I've finished Gunslinger and am 3/4 through Drawing Of The Three.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Watched the leaked clip on YouTube. The hype train is full steam ahead for me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    One week and I've finished Gunslinger and am 3/4 through Drawing Of The Three.
    You'll fly through them now. Gunslinger is definitely the slowest book in the series, but I'm quite fond of its atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kept my expectation for this and The Dark Tower at zero. glad I did in the case of TDT movie. Love the books, not interested in the film at all.
    This, however looks like it has potential. from what I've seen, at least.
    Not that I've seen the Georgie scene yet. If only someone could help with that ... *conspiratorial wink*

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    they've now hidden a simple retro-video game on the IT site... game.itthemovie.com

it's not a very good game, and it's obviously just a little gimmick they threw in to the advertising bundle. You pilot the SS Georgie down the sewer popping balloons. It's incredibly easy if you play it safe, so I messed around with it for a bit to see if there was some way to unlock an Easter egg. I didn't find anything, and I gave up when I got to 15,000 points.

It's cute though. It has an old school graphics tone to it, that you saw in early 16 bit computer video games... dating it to the adjusted era of the movie, which is late 80s I think?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Saw a trailer for it before a film at the weekend...NOPE.NONONONONO.NOT SEEING THIS, I VALUE MY ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    any of you guys in the Dallas area and want to see an early screening? Hurry up http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/fea...ckets#/slide/1

early secret screenings have been met with overwhelmingly positive response. The director has come out to say that he didn't like the original movie, and I read an interview with him on how the whole Georgie scene finally plays out, and I won't throw that spoiler in here, but it sounds like he doubled down on the horrific nature of the scene from the book...

floating...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Soundtrack details were released today. Vinyl version releases in late October. Exclusive double CD version available via fye Sept 8. I preordered it and it said it will ship earlier, though. Sounds like they might be the only retailer that the CD will be available from