Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Action figures, dolls and other toys!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Wow, wish I knew about this thread before! I used to be a HUGE toy collector. Had a whole room dedicated to toys earlier this year.

Buuuut.....

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Collected a ton of shit when I was younger, but boxed it all up and/or sold (and got a mortgage...avoid those if at all possible)..
    Basically This. Wish I read this man's word's of wisdom before hand, but now I'm stuck with a mortgage and basically in the process of selling all my collectibles. I've been selling tons of stuff these last 2 months to get ready for my move (next month). I've been down-sizing like CRAZY!

I've narrowed it down to a couple shelves. Here is what I'm left with that I've narrowed it down to. After this move I need to ***STOP*** buying toys. But, the problem is... once a collector, always a collector. It's in my blood. I'll probably never stop.

I mainly collect retro figures I had as a kid, as you can tell from my photos. But there are always new flashy toys and statues catching my eyes these days as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A vinyl Kaiju toy artist i follow called Mutant Vinyl Hardcore. Very popular right now.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I honestly didn't think there would be this many toy collectors on ETS. I'm pleasantly surprised! You guys have some cool stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

There is a retro TMNT figure wave out now. I saw them while stocking stuff the other night. They seem pretty cool, but I don't think they have the charm to them that the originals do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    new to the game. sticking with 1:10 / 1:12 scale

Last edited by hologram parade; 08-27-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    finally got a few good pics of the regular bat suit from batman v superman. this is the medicom mafex version - great figure aside from the wrist joints that want to break, one already did unfortunately

Last edited by hologram parade; 06-07-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    neca 1989 batman showed up recently! couldn't be happier

photos soon for: t2, and star wars 40th anniversary black series

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Man, my collection isn't nearly as good as everybody's on here! Mainly as my collection only started in earnest over the last decade (all my Ninja Turtles, First Gen Power Rangers and Transformers were throw away by my mum when she decided i was too old to be into cartoons and Toys at 12 and i wasn't allowed to have/watch any until i moved out)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

neca did a great job with the t2 line!

Last edited by hologram parade; 06-20-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Star Wars: A New Hope 40th Anniversary

6" Black Series

Last edited by hologram parade; 06-25-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^ ^ ^ Ben Kenobi finally showed up this week, just waiting on Han!

I was also very happy when this got delivered: The Dark Knight Bat-Pod (1:12)

Here is a look at the current Star Wars Black Series, and DC Comics collection

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Spend my Sunday building Gundam Wing Zero (master grade). Looks pretty freaking cool!

Just a shame i have no space in my displays for it...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Medicom Mafex (1:12 scale)
    TDK Batman (2.0) and Bat-Pod

Last edited by hologram parade; 06-27-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Was hoping to get a few others in the line before opening this, but I think its going to be a long time - so today I finally opened this up after having it sit in the back room for ages collecting dust. A really great set! As someone who grew up with this version of the Batman I am very pleased.

I just can't bring myself to open these carded 40th anniversary figures - I think they're beautiful.

Opened this guy up right away a few months back - great figure, and addition to the collection! #RalphMcQuarrieVibes

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I've been all about NECA's 1/4th scale 1990 TMNT line.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    truly jealous, man! i just can't afford the $500 it would be after is said and done for the four turtles unfortunately. praying these get released in 7" scale with the gorgeous neca window boxes - doesn't look good though. i really dig the new raphael they have coming out (disguise version) with the trench coak, baseball bat etc

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    truly jealous, man! i just can't afford the $500 it would be after is said and done for the four turtles unfortunately. praying these get released in 7" scale with the gorgeous neca window boxes - doesn't look good though. i really dig the new raphael they have coming out (disguise version) with the trench coak, baseball bat etc
    Who knows ... I'll almost bet by 2020 they'll be a Comic-Con exclusive since that will be the 30th anniversary of the film. I'm beyond excited that we're FINALLY getting 1/4th scale Shredder next year though. I can't wait for that one.

Hopefully Michelangelo gets released as promised on schedule by September!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    since the black series version is going for such high prices i thought id try my luck with the medicom mafex boba fett, this is the empire strikes back version to be specific. a really great figure with pretty good articulation considering his suit, gauntlets and jet-pack etc. my only gripe is that i wish he had a heavy cloth cape as apposed to a rubber one, but thats just preference

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Speaking of that. I just picked up the 40th anniversary Vader figure with its stand on clearance from Walmart for 30 bucks. I didn't want to shell the price of 2 figures for one figure and a stand. Hell, it's currently my only Star Wars figure and first since the originals I had back as a kid( damn you mother for giving them away).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

the actor, Robert Patrick (t-100), liked a few pics of mine on instagram - day made!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered this Ramona Flowers model almost 14 months ago and, fingers crossed, it finally arrives this month!

https://mondotees.com/collections/ar...ondo-exclusive

Of course i'm not holding my breathe, it's been delayed for 7 months already!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It's so cool to see this thread alive. I don't visit ETS that often anymore because of life but when I do visit I check to see if this thread is still going. You guys have been getting some pretty good stuff in. My DBZ Figuarts collection has doubled since my last post but I've taken a bit of a break from the DBZ line and have gotten really into Marvel Legends, Figma imports and the occasional Neca.

Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    neca 1989 batman showed up recently! couldn't be happier

photos soon for: t2, and star wars 40th anniversary black series
    That Batman looks great. It was cool seeing him fly off the shelf when I worked at Toys R Us last Christmas. I had him right next to the Neca Christian Bale Batman and no one touched him. The Bale Batman looked like he was fucking cracked out of his mind. The eyes totally ruined him. I would always laugh when I saw people shift through all of them looking for ones that didn't have cracked out eyes. I'd just point em towards the 89 Batman.

I'm glad you're liking the Ultimate T2 figures. I've been getting the Ultimate Friday The 13th Jason figures and I love them. Jason has always been my favorite of the slashers and he comes with everything you could want. Part 3 comes with a machete, ax, pitchfork, wrench, knife, and a fucking harpoon gun. Also an extra head for his ax to squeeze into. I just recently got the Ultimate Part 4 Jason and I have him face first on the glass with a machete sliced into the side of his face.

I took some quick shots of Ultimate Part 3 Jason with my phone back in March just for shits and giggles.

-

When I mean I focused on Marvel Legends, I really mean the Spider-Man waves lol. There's a few Selects in there like the Amazing Spider-Man, Carnage, and Agent Venom, but the rest are Legends. I really just want to build a huge Spider-Army. The next Spider-Man wave is looking amazing too with Spider-Punk, Gwen-Pool, Mysterio, Lasher (green symbiote from the 90's lol) with Lizard being the Build-A-Figure. They're also doing a Deadpool wave with 90's Deadpool, 90's Cable, 90's Domino, Deathlok, and X-23. There's also going to be a Venom-Pool but that's unfortunately a Gamestop exclusive.

Speaking of exclusives, did anyone order anything from SDCC this year? The exclusives were looking too damn good this year. I ended up getting one of the ones I really wanted and it should be here hopefully by Monday. I'll be taking a lot of pictures of him once he's in.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Nice Jason pics. I'd venture into Marvel territory and get way too many Iron Man suits, so I decided early on to stick to DC Comics. I sadly didn't get any of the SDCC exclusives, but I might be getting the Rey/Luke Black Series pack soon. I really love Neca and can't wait to see how the Blade Runner stuff turns out. Hoping for a ultimate Deckard down the line! #OneCanDream

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Got my first SDCC exclusive since 2015. Mezco 1:12 scale X-Men Deadpool.

I'm really digging it and it's basically a mini Hot Toys. Cloth material for his outfit, a bunch of hands, 1 sword, 1 pistol, 1 assault rifle with a grenade launcher attachment, 4 mini grenade rounds you can put in the the launcher 4 Deadpool painted grenades and 1 interchangeable 'wtf' head. You can take out the clips on the rifle and the pistol and funny enough, mine didn't come with a pistol clip. I'm going to give Mezco customer service a call and ask if they possibly have an extra clip they could send me by any chance since I know for a fact it didn't come with one. If they can't it will be a massive bummer but nothing I wont get over.

Here's the collection for the moment. Marvel Legends Spider-Army and X-Men are on my other wall and I have terrible lighting right now so it's not worth a picture lol.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    And surprise surprise Ramona Flowers model has been delayed a 3rd time, now expected October, boo!

But everyone that's pre-ordered are getting a Ramona Pin badge (i collect these for my bag, so that's awesome) that only those who pre-ordered will get, and not be sold or made again...that's pretty cool.

Still, 18 months from pre-order to (hopefully) getting the model is pretty bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sideshow posted this yesterday.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    For any retro Transformers fans out there...

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/09/13/transformers-dinobots-finally-combine-to-form-a-giant-robot

I need this, it'll go nicely with my Megatron Megadrive/Genesis!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1/10 scale 2049 Deackard!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    And surprise surprise Ramona Flowers model has been delayed a 3rd time, now expected October, boo!

But everyone that's pre-ordered are getting a Ramona Pin badge (i collect these for my bag, so that's awesome) that only those who pre-ordered will get, and not be sold or made again...that's pretty cool.

Still, 18 months from pre-order to (hopefully) getting the model is pretty bad.
    The saga continues, expected to ship November now...i'm not seeing this thing in 2017 am i