Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men: Apocalypse (try not to act like twats)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

X-Men: Apocalypse (try not to act like twats)

Olivia Munn is officially signed on as Psylocke in X-Men: Apocalypse. This would be great news, as she's possibly one of the most attractive women on the entire planet.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Great news but also wrong thread.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hey, I searched for an X-Men: Apocalypse thread specifically and couldn't find it. No need to get your pigtails and fingerless gloves in a bunch!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I'm going to have to ask you two to take a moratorium from this thread.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Concept art of Angel for X-Men: Apocalypse lookin' badass.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I just saw The Wolverine and Days of Future Past again yesterday, and these movies are definitely at the top of their game. Now theyre gonna finally bring back nightcrawler and gambit and the deadpool movie, im so fucking stoked for where they go with it, i really hope they dont blow it again.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Glad to see this finally got it's own thread, w00t!

(Albeit an obnoxiously-titled one, lol.)

Anyway, I have full-faith in this film. I'm really excited that Singer's not only back at the helm but setting the whole thing up to continue with a new cast under new stewardship. I'll be sad to see the old guard hand it off but OMFG it's awesome to see a new dawn for the franchise take shape too.

And I'm LOVING that design for (Arch-?) Angel, it definitely fulfills the promise of his x-rays in the background of X2: X-Men United.

Which makes me wonder whether or not Mystique being in control of Logan's fate with the Weapon X project in the guise of Stryker might somehow be the mechanism by which Apocalypse builds up his crew of Horsemen? That would definitely be an interesting and badass twist on an already familiar story!

Not to mention the fact that teaming-up with the ORIGINAL mutant-hardliner would be an EPIC way for Mystique to one-up Magneto's plans for mutant world domination, lololol.

Maaaaaan, I can't wait for this movie!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I just saw The Wolverine and Days of Future Past again yesterday, and these movies are definitely at the top of their game. Now theyre gonna finally bring back nightcrawler and gambit and the deadpool movie, im so fucking stoked for where they go with it, i really hope they dont blow it again.
    Gambit is getting his own movie, which would be a huge YAY from me but they got Chanel Tattoo (or whatever his name is) to play him. I really really really don't see him as Gambit. At all.

Taylor Kitsch got a lot of negativity thrown his way for his part in Origins, mostly because he couldn't grasp the Cajun accent and parler but besides that, I don't think he was bad for the role. He was in the same boat as Ryan Reynolds (THAT THING AT THE END WAS NOT DEADPOOL!) as far as I'm concerned. I would have kept him as Gambit and I would have hired the best coach there is to teach him to properly laissez le bon temps rouler with the right drawl.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Origins was a total clusterfuck from the word go. Gambit was ridiculously used, for one. He shows up with his PTSD and his helicopter staff/wall climbing sticks and then does nothing but become Logan's personal seaplane pilot...? Kitsch was just the wrong choice for movies that had been so well cast previously. I mean, Jackman obviously has been the best choice for Wolverine, Marsden was the perfect geeky boyscout as Cyclops, McKellen is genius, etc, etc. X2 was amazing, that fight between Wolverine and Deathstrike is phenomenal, especially the extended cut (no pun intended) where they just straight brutalize each other!

But Origins was... bleh.

That said, my undies are getting moist at the prospect of Apocalypse, and that concept art up there is siiiiick.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Since I'm still getting facepalms for pointing out that posts concerning the X-Men films were in the "wrong thread" here, it's perhaps worth noting that the first five posts of this thread began in an erstwhile thread which was explicitly devoted to the one and only Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Perhaps you should vent some of that facepalming at the clumsy, shambolic, and overall poor handling & reshuffling of the posts and threads in question instead.

Anyway, now that THIS thread is on the right track, at least...I forgot to mention something else I love about that character design for (Arch-?) Angel up there!

I'm realllly getting a kick out of the little wingtip-channels interspersed about the fringes of his wingspan. You can TOTALLY see where he'll be shooting his feather-blades out from and flat-out carpetbombing everyone with ginsu-knives!

Should be pretty badass, he could REALLY fuck some shit up with those things, especially as a Horseman of Apocalypse.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    X2 was amazing, that fight between Wolverine and Deathstrike is phenomenal, especially the extended cut (no pun intended) where they just straight brutalize each other!
    Extended cut? Where can this be seen? Is it on the blu-ray?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Possibly, but I saw it on the DVD release. It's not THAT much longer, but definitely more savage.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @Fixer808 is it incorporated into the film itself? Or just a bonus feature?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    If I recall correctly there was an option to incorporate it, maybe a longer or unrated version...? Definitely available in the bonus features though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ^^All of this.

The only thing that bums me out about it is that JLaw blew up and has become to odd leader of the young XMen. I think she's pretty rad, but I would much rather see Cyclops start to take that role.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Aw, looks like Nightcrawler has a pretty small part :P

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That trailer was fantastic! This is the most excited I've been for an X-Men movie.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    ^^All of this.

The only thing that bums me out about it is that JLaw blew up and has become to odd leader of the young XMen. I think she's pretty rad, but I would much rather see Cyclops start to take that role.
    But isn't Cyclops still a bit young and not totally in control of his powers (at least from what we've seen in the first trailer) for that? Raven is older and more "battle ready" than him. And she's Professor X' sister so...

Speaking of Prof X: I love myself a badass Xavier. That trailer is fantastic. Also: more Quicksilver!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I guess, just seems shoehorned. Beast would have been a better choice if we're just looking at people from previous movies.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/every-bit-of-...t-x-1765493685

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Lol at Magneto working at a steel factory.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Taylor Kitsch got a lot of negativity thrown his way for his part in Origins, mostly because he couldn't grasp the Cajun accent and parler but besides that, I don't think he was bad for the role. He was in the same boat as Ryan Reynolds (THAT THING AT THE END WAS NOT DEADPOOL!) as far as I'm concerned. I would have kept him as Gambit and I would have hired the best coach there is to teach him to properly laissez le bon temps rouler with the right drawl.
    I didn't like the way Gambit was used in Origins since he was just tacked on as part of Wolverine's backstory where he really didn't belong, but I thought he LOOKED absolutely perfect for the part. Just enough like the comic character without giving you that annoying "They are trying waaaay too hard and now it feels like a slap in the face," feeling.

I was a huge X-Men fan when I was a teen, but I've been lukewarm on the movies pretty much from their inception. Rogue and Gambit were always my two favorite characters, and the lack of Gambit has kind of ruined Movie!Rogue by proxy for me. I'll probably eventually see Apocalypse, but I'm not pumped for it.

Come to think of it, I wish they would just start a new continuity with a weekly X-Men TV show. Years ago, when X-Men was at the height of its popularity, it would have been prohibitively expensive, but nowadays with CGI I think they could swing it. None of these bullshit TV shows that "take place in the X-Men universe but don't feature the X-Men," what the fuck is that, give me an X-Men show and shoot it in a fucking mansion somewhere; it's not hard.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Lol at Magneto working at a steel factory.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    That was an excellent analysis of the trailer, thanks!

I'm guessing the Angel vs. Nightcrawler "cagefight" footage is either the two of them squaring off at the Weapon X compound or else part of Kurt's stint in the circus life.

Either way, it's definitely cool to see the angel who works for a "god" going head-to-head with a brimstone-scented demon-baby. Really curious to see if they address his parentage in any way more clear and direct than they already have.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    While it shouldn't shock anyone, the final Apocalypse trailer revealed that Wolverine will be in the film.

Thoughts: OK with it. Not sure I have the Wolvy fatigue everyone else seems to have.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Let's post it here too

Wolverine's not really a surprise. Quicksilver's acknowledgment is far more interesting because of what Magneto tells Prof X.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yeah, who's the family he speaks of?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    The obvious answer is his mother and father, although it's possible he's referring to the deaths of his fellow mutants as well, I guess.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been an X-men fan for about 20 years, so I'm confident I'll enjoy Apocalypse. However, don't like what I am reading in these early reviews:

http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse-early-reviews/