Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Queen / Greg Puciato (solo) / Better Lovers

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    I think I signed up for the giveaway, but when I submitted, it threw some kind of error. I didn't get any confirmation email or anything like that, but I also didn't want to submit twice.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Nice to see confirmation that it was sent from LA. Means I might still have a chance at getting one.

Awesome that it is the while record. I can't wait to hear it!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I think I signed up for the giveaway, but when I submitted, it threw some kind of error. I didn't get any confirmation email or anything like that, but I also didn't want to submit twice.
    I never got a confirmation email...they just let people submit and then you just had to wait....I saw it go up the instant the page was posted on Facebook.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I never got a confirmation email...they just let people submit and then you just had to wait....I saw it go up the instant the page was posted on Facebook.
    dude i am SO JEALOUS right now. i actually have a cassette deck as part of my stereo and would KILL to get my hands on that :|

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Still waiting on my cassette deck to digital converter...but I am starting to think that the cassette is only one song based on this post to the Black Queen Facebook. TBQ liked the post...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sad news...the entire cassette, front to back is this looped:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was really pumped about this colab, but since the announcement it has taken 4+ months to get us one song, an instrumental, an instrumental promo video, and 33 cassettes with a 1:40 loop...

I understand that Puciato has a ton going on but I'm starting to feel they missed the hype train for me. Definitely will check it out when it comes to fruition but I'm no longer refreshing their page everyday.

Something as simple as a release date or track list would help bring back the excitement from March/April!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I got my vinyl!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shinichi View Post
    i managed to snag one this morning and was surprised there were still any remaining!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i managed to snag one this morning and was surprised there were still any remaining!
    To those who ordered, is the AAC of The Still Point of My Turning World the same length/version as the video posted on Youtube? I'm tempted to buy this but $8 for shipping...hmm...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, since they are releasing this news on LA time, us over in the east don't get it until we wake up. haha

Snagged mine a few hours ago.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    To those who ordered, is the AAC of The Still Point of My Turning World the same length/version as the video posted on Youtube? I'm tempted to buy this but $8 for shipping...hmm...
    yeah, not sure what's up with the $8 shipping but for a super limited single? i'll eat it.

the track is 2:26

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Shocked that there are still some in stock. I somewhat agree with @Canuckle on the hype. I'd love just a little more info...but (playing devil's advocate), it seems that these guys are doing all of this stuff on their own.

This is very much a independent venture. But I would like some album info at this point. A tad bummed that about the cassette, kinda loses its luster with it only being the drone track played after DEP shows.

The single is a bit pricey... $23 after all said and done.

But oh well...I'm going to support this band no matter what.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    yeah, not sure what's up with the $8 shipping but for a super limited single? i'll eat it.

the track is 2:26
    $20 overseas, think yourselves lucky! I've just paid £24ish sterling for a single!

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    One of the busier weeks I've had to push through, but thanks to @p_rez17 I managed to snag a copy just now.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    has anyone looked at the metadata for "the still point of my turning world" yet?

Album: Leaves Unfallen
    Track 1 of 33
    Disc 1 of 3

Lyrics:
    "1 2 3 4 embodies the whole (10).

4 Books.
    3 Keys.
    2 _ _ _ _ _
    1 QUEEN."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I bought the vinyl even though I don't and probably never will own a record player. According to a facebook post they just made, apparently buying it puts you on a special mailing list or something to hear new music and shit first so that's cool.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    I bought the vinyl even though I don't and probably never will own a record player. According to a facebook post they just made, apparently buying it puts you on a special mailing list or something to hear new music and shit first so that's cool.
    That's not what that post says. The post says if you're on the mailing list, you'll be the first to find out anything new. You can sign up for the mailing list on their website.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh, nevermind then.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cool item. I'll probably pass cuz I'm not a major vinyl connoisseur and would only be buying it for the download of the b-side. Hopefully they'll put it on itunes or something, and add some other nifty stuff to their shop.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Cool item. I'll probably pass cuz I'm not a major vinyl connoisseur and would only be buying it for the download of the b-side. Hopefully they'll put it on itunes or something, and add some other nifty stuff to their shop.
    check your PMs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Also grabbed a copy of the vinyl. $30 US (15 for the record, 15 for shipping) is around $40 CND right now. So that is a pretty penny to spend on two songs... but for a 233 limited, never to be repressed again, I'll eat it.

Nice to see a bit more activity! Looks like I need to keep a closer eye on my e-mail over the next couple weeks.

From their FB:

The Black Queen
    4 hrs · Edited ·

The two hundred and thirty three became zero in less than twenty-four hours. To you who claimed them: we are forever connected. There will never be another pressing of that release.
    For those of you that haven't already done so, but who want first and sometimes only access to releases, limited items, information, and sporadic secret communications, go to www.theblackqueen.com and sign up to the mailing list at the bottom of the page.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Nice. Grabbed one.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shinichi View Post
    Welp...you did exactly what the email newsletter said not to do...

"For the next thirty-three hours, ending on July 24th at 12:33pm PST, this T-shirt will be available to you. These will not be made again. In three of the packages there will be a numbered item, limited to three numbered copies, also never to be made again. This offer will not be made public or extended elsewhere, unless someone happens to find it on their own. We will not be posting this on social media. Please do not post this on any public forum before the end of the time window."

lolz Just giving you shit

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not a big fan of this limited time, limited number bullshit. Even worse when it's so low.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Not a big fan of this limited time, limited number bullshit. Even worse when it's so low.
    guys, there are 33 HOURS to buy the shirt, not 33 shirts to buy. i know the other things have been much more limited, but this is only limited by how many people order it in the given time period, which is not THAT short. it's not like they gave us 3 hours and 33 minutes or something. /not being a dick

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    guys, there are 33 HOURS to buy the shirt, not 33 shirts to buy. i know the other things have been much more limited, but this is only limited by how many people order it in the given time period, which is not THAT short. it's not like they gave us 3 hours and 33 minutes or something. /not being a dick
    I was specifically talking about the single more or less but seeing even t shirts being limited also made me chime in. I have no issues with limited exclusivity but I'm indifferent about it with what I've seen here because it cuts off a potential fanbase.

Also I don't want a shirt. :B

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Why does it cut off any fan base? Lots of bands do limited runs of things without any great impact. Ok the quantity here is very small, but the impression I get is this is a very diy venture.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I get what you are saying... but why is a shirt more available than a cassette or 12" single that actually has their music on it? Not to mention 33 hours isn't exactly that long. Many people live paycheque to paycheque and need to plan for these purchases. I'm with @Space Suicide in that this limited run thing is getting tiring.

I won't get started on asking people to buy a $30 shirt for a band that has released all of 2-3 tracks... although I'm wondering if they are using these limited runs as a form of kickstarter to see what type of capital they are working with for a physical release? Given they are basically DIYing this project.