Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My Xbox 360 was $299.99 and it has 250 GB. I have gotten two 1 Year Gold Subscriptions since owning it.

300 + 60 + 50 (got it on sale) = $410.00

So yeah, it's a scam haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Evidently I've been an Xbox LIVE Ambassador since July ad didn't even know it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Woo-hoo, Retro City Rampage FINALLY Hits XBLA marketplace on Jan 2nd! Great way to kick off 2013! Been dying to play this game for a very, very long time!
    Followed the development of the game for nearly a year and was jealous when PS3 owners got a taste of it's awesomeness this past fall. But it's gonna be awesometacular next wednesday stealing turtle vans and playing "Virtural 3D Meat boy" lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quick question, I think I know the answer but I'm still getting used to using all the Xbox features. I bought a 32GB flash drive because I'm running out of space, mainly because of Borderlands 2 and all the add-ons. I can just plug in the drive, it will format, then I can copy all my BL2 files over to it (DLCs, installed game, saves, etc.) and delete them off of my HDD and then just select the flash drive when the game starts up and it will be good to go right? Just want to make sure I'm doing it right before I go deleting crap.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Xbox Event .com regiestered.

April's the word...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Xbox Event .com regiestered.

April's the word...
    But of course. Time to really become outdated now with this obvious new console announcement too.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    and of course they're going to announce... right before E3? Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope MS plan to explain the basic properties of the new Xbox at some kind of event, then you don't have to do over it all at E3 and can spend more time on games and features than a reveal. I Hope

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    and of course they're going to announce... right before E3? Why?
    I'm guessing from what it says in this article and many others that Sony kind of rustled Microsoft's feathers a little bit.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/mi...says-50010502/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    sounds more like they are going to at least announce it.. the article says it may actually release.. but then the last console that did that was the Saturn and that didn't go down too well...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hm... this should be really interesting. Im already sold on the PS4 as my next gen option, especially if this xbox has the rumored always on issue.

Kf thoserumors are true than the xbox is out of the question for me, but if they arent, and microsoft cam show off some nice exclusives, like Halo 5 or Crackdown 3.... i might consider it down the line.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I don't really have high hopes for the next Xbox console. If it really blows me away, I'll go for it, but for the time being I'm pretty much set on getting a PC for my next gaming system.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Skyrim is actually one of the main reasons I've been looking into a PC instead of a console, actually. It's great on Xbox but the PC mods (especially the graphics) are fucking unreal: http://imgur.com/a/rLT2G#0 (last image is NSFW)
    Last edited by ibanez33; 02-25-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Since becoming a PS3 owner this Christmas I'm kind of surprised I haven't become a Sony fanboy again. I was all over it when I played Heavy Rain (and the psone and PS2 were my main consoles growing up), and there are certain aspects I really like about it, but the trophy system is laughable (if only because it takes about a minute to sync if you want to read about the ones you've unlocked) and the main menu interface is far from user-friendly. I don't know if I've been on the Xbox so long that there's no going back to Sony, but eh. I guess I find it hard to see why anybody would pick the PlayStation over the Xbox. On paper, sure; the system sounds better and it does work out way fricking cheaper in the long run. It's just when it boils down to exclusives, community, interface... I feel like the 360 is the better system.

Of course, it doesn't really help Sony's case that they announced the PS4 scarcely months after I finally got my hands on a PS3. The irony of it is that I got the 12GB console under the impression there weren't that many Sony-exclusive games I wanted to buy and...well, as it turns out there probably won't be very many games released before the launch of the PS4 that are Sony-exclusive anyway.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Since becoming a PS3 owner this Christmas I'm kind of surprised I haven't become a Sony fanboy again. I was all over it when I played Heavy Rain (and the psone and PS2 were my main consoles growing up), and there are certain aspects I really like about it, but the trophy system is laughable (if only because it takes about a minute to sync if you want to read about the ones you've unlocked) and the main menu interface is far from user-friendly. I don't know if I've been on the Xbox so long that there's no going back to Sony, but eh. I guess I find it hard to see why anybody would pick the PlayStation over the Xbox. On paper, sure; the system sounds better and it does work out way fricking cheaper in the long run. It's just when it boils down to exclusives, community, interface... I feel like the 360 is the better system.

Of course, it doesn't really help Sony's case that they announced the PS4 scarcely months after I finally got my hands on a PS3. The irony of it is that I got the 12GB console under the impression there weren't that many Sony-exclusive games I wanted to buy and...well, as it turns out there probably won't be very many games released before the launch of the PS4 that are Sony-exclusive anyway.
    Both PS3 and Xbox 360 have their flaws and wins but PS3's messaging, parties, friend system and trophies are a joke compared the Xbox 360's take on them. No contest.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not really news per se, but I'm talking with my friend at EA here in Burnaby that does voice work on FB chat as I type this and he's saying that the new Xbox is "99% confirmed" to release in 2013. I know it's not really a shocker, but he'd know. Also he's already working with builds of the new consoles (remember he's not biased, he works for a developer, not SONY or Microsoft) and he says that it's pretty much gonna put the PS4 to straight shame in terms of graphics, social aspects, etc. etc.

Copy/paste:
    I know it's vague, but if you could say the new graphics, etc. are 5x better than the 360, or 3x, etc. what number would you use?

hard to say, it's early. obv nobody has been able to fully utilize the console since it's so new, it'll only get better with time, new engines, yada yada

Just pick a number lol

now? 3x at least. more than just graphics though...the stuff they have planned for us (EA) anyways is pretty crazy in terms of the built-in kinect yada yada i'm more excited for other stuff than just the graphic jump.

Yeah for sure. We should discuss it more tomorrow night at dinner at EXP lol.

for sure

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Microsoft is announcing the new Xbox on May 21st at 10am PT. Then 19 days later at E3 their full launch lineup.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There's a good thread here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547072

Looks like November 2013 release.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I just want a price... More than likely will be cheaper (hopefully) than PS4. That's going to be the dealbreaker most likely.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently confirmed that Xbox Infinity will indeed be the new console's official title. Could be a bogus rumor though.

Looks like the fall's gonna consist of buying a few new games, then the new console, then the next-gen versions of said games.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well the Xbox announcement is abouts to begin shortly....I feel like I know already most of what they will announce but its cool that the time has finally come. Even though I thought the PS3 as a system was overall a lot better than Xbox360....Im excited for both.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 05-21-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I already know the new Xbox is going to focus more on smart TV interaction and entertainment aspects rather than games. Meh. Regardless, I am watching it live on Spike TV.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Xbox One huh? Kinda cool...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Xbox One is going to have to have more than fancy gadgetry, show highly glorified laziness (yes, laziness) and multitasking apps (I never use) to tempt me to want to get it for anything other than games I’d want that are Xbox franchises.

This new console is centered on nothing but innovation for Kinect junk and watching TV. Yawn.

Controller looks awesome.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    this is a disaster so far. Sony made their reveal almost entirely about games. this conference is entirely about features I don't care about or want.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whereas both companies are focusing on what seems like non-existent problems (i.e. 'now you can check your NBA fantasy standings while watching live tv!')...it is important to remember that this isn't just a game console war, SONY and Microsoft are trying to bring the war to entertainment.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I feel like Sony had the good sense to relegate that shit to the side though. I do not give a fuck about live television this is 2013. I have no intention of getting cable.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    True, and you won't have to. I always just feel that shit like this is a bonus for me personally. I'll still but it at launch because I know the games themselves will be worth it. That I can slowly start to use even some of this shit is gravy lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll buy this console eventually, doubt I'll even have a snowball's chance at launch to get it. I'm sure it'll have a super inflated price.

Essentially this is just a graphics upgrade for me. Developers will make new games to use new outlets aka this next generation. Nothing more. If PS4 and Xbox One didn't exist, I'd be happy with just keeping my 360 and PS3 to play and buy new games on. I enjoy graphics and gameplay on them to the fullest now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If the games are good, and it's not online only, i'l probably get it. But PS4 is an obvious choice When I look at things. Halo 5 would have to be pretty stellar to sway me.

This conference is just wierd. They're busting out all the jocks, sports games, and TV people and gaming s REALLY taking a back seat. I'm not sure this will be well received.