Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That just screams germs, lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pretty impressive showcase with Bethesda. Starfield looked great; looking forward to 1,000 planets to explore though sheesh, who'll do all of them? And will they all be sorta same-y or empty? Combat looked ok. RedFall looked good, new Forza looks even somehow better than Forza 5? Scorn this October, tons of AAA games coming to Game Pass. Pumped.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Eh, Starfield wasn't as impressive as I was expecting. It looks like a bigger No Man's Sky (Not a bad thing) but combat looks incredibly clunky, along with the space fighting. Optimization was terrible in that stream, so waiting on a proper showcase for it.

- Redfall looks fun
    - Wo Long was honestly the best looking game here imo.
    - Diablo IV looks like a mobile game
    - Hollow Knight looks great
    -Scorn... I really do not know what to think about this game.

Everything else I don't really care about.

Replaced is the only game so far that really has impressed me from all the Xbox announcements. Such a shame that Sad Cat Studios had to move their headquarters due to the war in Ukraine. Still looking forward to a handful of these releases!

Edit: Persona 3, 4, and 5R is also finally coming and happy that others can finally play these games.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-12-2022 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Might be a long shot here but does anyone have a first gen XBOX One power supply they would be willing to sell me? Looking to spend 30 bucks shipped here....

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Might be a long shot here but does anyone have a first gen XBOX One power supply they would be willing to sell me? Looking to spend 30 bucks shipped here....
    They're tons of them out there. They average about $23 on ebay and they have third party supplies that work just as well for about $17! I sold mine a few months ago .
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-12-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Loved the showcase. Love my Series X.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Residents of the U.S. only, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not that i would ever win the thing but still, would be cool to have.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So uhh, yeah. This Xbox showcase so far is fuckin’ stellar.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    They could have at least left the price the same since storage is cheap.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/...s/carbon-black

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Good showcase, indeed. Nice too see, a good chunk of these games are being released on multiple plats.

Was really hoping to see something from Sad Cat Studios, on Replaced. Sucks, that they got delayed from the war in Ukraine, but it is still on track for a 2023 release date. It has been on the top of my radar, ever since it was announced.

Avowed has turned into a game, I was not expecting it to be.

Starfield looks awesome, but kinda lame it is locked at 30fps, but I understand the decision; game looks huge. Regardless, cannot wait to hop in.

Fable has me very hyped for its release.

Hellblade II looks absolutely, GORGEOUS. Very cool, the dynamic sound, going on with all of the voices was trading speakers on my phone. Platted the first game, and headphones are a must!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-11-2023 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    One of the games that intrigued me the most was Clockwork Revolution. Granted, it won't be out probably until 2025 (games that were announced and dropping next year said '2024'...this just said 'in due time' which was funny considering the story of the game, but still).

The only thing is, while watching it my first thought was 'uhh, is this BioShock Infinite 2?'.... apparently I wasn't alone. Just google 'Clockwork Revolution' and you'll see every article says the same lol. I also stumbled across the person who did the Infinite CGI trailers and he's uhh....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that's pretty good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    One of the games that intrigued me the most was Clockwork Revolution. Granted, it won't be out probably until 2025 (games that were announced and dropping next year said '2024'...this just said 'in due time' which was funny considering the story of the game, but still).

The only thing is, while watching it my first thought was 'uhh, is this BioShock Infinite 2?'.... apparently I wasn't alone. Just google 'Clockwork Revolution' and you'll see every article says the same lol. I also stumbled across the person who did the Infinite CGI trailers and he's uhh....

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Anyone else playing Starfield? What a disaster. I wasn't expecting much, I'm not a huge fallout fan, but holy shit is this game disappointing. It just feels broken. This game envisions space travel as a series of tedious loading screens and menus for real.

You mostly just fast travel. And the destinations are intensely compartmentalized, different rooms and floors in the same building are often walled off with their own loading screens, like this was built for the Nintendo 64 or something. NPC interactions are more insane than they have ever been in a Bethesda game. They're famously awkward and buggy, but this manages to be a *step down* from where they've been at before. I just played through Baldur's Gate 3, which totally eats this games lunch as a choice based role playing game. Decision trees and mission options are bland and uninspired.

It's like, ok there's 1000 planets to explore! Maybe they should have tied that off at like 100 or something and made sure those 100 were great. This shit is crazy bad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Anyone else playing Starfield? What a disaster. I wasn't expecting much, I'm not a huge fallout fan, but holy shit is this game disappointing. It just feels broken. This game envisions space travel as a series of tedious loading screens and menus for real.

You mostly just fast travel. And the destinations are intensely compartmentalized, different rooms and floors in the same building are often walled off with their own loading screens, like this was built for the Nintendo 64 or something. NPC interactions are more insane than they have ever been in a Bethesda game. They're famously awkward and buggy, but this manages to be a *step down* from where they've been at before. I just played through Baldur's Gate 3, which totally eats this games lunch as a choice based role playing game. Decision trees and mission options are bland and uninspired.

It's like, ok there's 1000 planets to explore! Maybe they should have tied that off at like 100 or something and made sure those 100 were great. This shit is crazy bad.
    Bethesda gets only worse with every new game they make. And as far as I can think it's the only big developer that gets such a double standard applied to them in that people just expect mods to fix it or add more depth/fun to it. "Oh it's fine it's broken and buggy and shallow on launch,200 mods years down the line will fix it!" Crazy the leeway they get.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Pretty much all of this. Cannot believe I'm about to say this, but No Man's Sky in current day, has more flesh than this game.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I was seconds away from getting the $300 special edition because it looked cool and I was kind of excited about it and then I was like, wait: Bethesda, open-world....

So that combined with the whole "we're not going to tell you what this watch does" I couldn't put that much money down. Glad I didn't at this point.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was like, wait: Bethesda, open-world.
    Here's the thing: I don't even really think this could be described as an open world per se. It's not a contiguous world that you can travel across, it's very large quantity of tiny modular rooms that you can travel between freely.

Not it's most damning element, though, that would be that it's just straight up boring. I tried to push it, but I've hit a point where I don't really want to play it any more because it simply isn't that engaging or interesting.