Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
I knew that much but I was under the impression that the new layer of integration would function the way that defunct Xbox Gamercard app on Facebook did—posting your achievements to your wall as you unlock them, posting which games you're playing, etc. I haven't been able to get it to do this so far and while it's not a big deal if I can't (it's about as useful a function as the music tracker on Pidgin, which was also a pain in the butt to configure)
I don't care about posting my achievements to Facebook. It's already bad enough that the achievement system has altered the way I play games. I completely know what you mean about Pidgin, as I have gone through that same thing more than once.

if it turns out that this is a gold-only feature (on top of the Facebook app on your Xbox and the Cloud function), I'll not be best pleased. At the moment it doesn't make much sense to go gold if you're not a multiplayer gamer and while the Cloud storage might be enough to eventually convince me to pay for membership, the ability to posts achievements to Facebook isn't really something that I'd dream of paying for.
I didn't look into that because I'm not sure I'm going to use the feature. If I plan on recovering my gamertag at someone's place I may do that. Hell, I may end up doing it anyway just to take advantage of the feature. It depends on if it also saves locally. I don't want trust Microsoft's servers enough to have that be my only save. It would be a nice backup, or a way to transfer to another system, but not something I would use exclusively. As for paying for Gold, it's a no-brainer for me since I really enjoy playing multiplayer games, but it also has the added benefit of Netflix. I don't think that is available to Silver members. Also, even though I rarely use it, the Last.fm application is nice to have.

Anyway, I'm used to the interface to a certain extent now and I don't hate it. It's still taking me a while to figure out where to go for certain features but the categories are, for the most part, logical.
I only used it a little bit and my first impression isn't a very good one. I'm not one to get mad at things I can't control, like this, so I'll be fine with it but I have at least one issue so far. Before you scrolled up and down to go between categories and then horizontal to choose in those categories. This is essentially the same idea as the PS3, just rotated, and it worked pretty well. My only issue was defaulting to the fucking Spotlight instead of My Xbox. Now, however, they've rotated it so the category is chosen at the top, but rather then scroll up and down like on the PS3, you just get a few things to choose from. If you scroll to the right when you are on the last thing in the category, it takes you to the next category, rather than taking you to another page of icons in the current category. There might be some logic behind this, but I don't like it.