Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    34.99 is for the Series X. 24.99 for the S.
    Ah my bad...that's still a good price though

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Ah my bad...that's still a good price though
    Absolutely, a hell of a deal. I'm still wondering if that will have taxes added to it...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The price is good, but I am still waiting for a next gen game to be running on any next gen Xbox console. People see price and immediately lose their shit. Besides the bw compat schtick, what are you playing on this thing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The price is good, but I am still waiting for a next gen game to be running on any next gen Xbox console. People see price and immediately lose their shit. Besides the bw compat schtick, what are you playing on this thing?
    Same camp. Neither console has any attractive launch game and I don't expect most games to be of value on these systems until at least next summer the earliest, but those will still be accommodating the current gen. Probably will until 2022 if we're honest.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Same camp. Neither console has any attractive launch game and I don't expect most games to be of value on these systems until at least next summer the earliest, but those will still be accommodating the current gen. Probably will until 2022 if we're honest.
    I'm only interested in Ratchet and Spider-man, but PS5 definitely has the more intriguing line up. I mean, I have a lot of games in my PS4 backlog that I need to get to, so knowing I'll be able to play those on PS5 I guess is a plus. Depending on how much better the games will look on whatever boost option or whatever they want to call it, but you're absolutely right.

For me, I think even the people that are making the backwards compat a selling point will come to realize how much they really won't play older games on a next gen console once Xbox starts pumping out these games. But having to wait until 2022 for most of what they showed...this can completely kill Xbox if they don't have anything up their sleeve since Halo Infinite is no longer a launch title. The fact that I can play half of these games on my Intel core 5 Lenovo laptop kind of makes me laugh.

I still have all of my consoles and I think people forget that PS1 games play on any PS3. PS2 is bit more annoying but you can buy one for literally nothing these days; I find them almost all the time for about 20 bucks at pawn shops so the defense that older consoles cost too much money is bullshit.

Everyone has their thing, but I want to play new games on my new console **Shrugs**.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Honestly i'm only tempted to get a next gen JUST for cyberpunk...i want it at 60fps, and rebuilding my PC will cost significantly more then just plumbing for a S. And with EA play i'll get 2 Fifa's in the mix. And i would like to give Forza a look. Tempting.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 09-10-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    that release comment is confusing. So, in other words, if you're playing old games on an X, it'll look better than on the S. Right? If so, why can't they just say it like that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    that release comment is confusing. So, in other words, if you're playing old games on an X, it'll look better than on the S. Right? If so, why can't they just say it like that.

I still have to stop and think for a second when talking about the X, the S AND the One/360 and the V? Was that just a rumor?

Also, would like to know what I should look forward to playing on these consoles before they are released in... 2 months.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    V? I've only heard two consoles for both manufacturers, not a third.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    V? I've only heard two consoles for both manufacturers, not a third.
    Rumor popped up like 4 days ago. Supposed to be less powerful than the X, but more than the S and all digital.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    huh, interesting.
    I'm not expecting it, but honestly who knows at this point. Tomorrow should be interesting for Sony's event.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    This marketing campaign is confusing af

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I almost want there to be another "five hundred ninety nine dollars!" like the PS3 reveal, just because.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I almost want there to be another "five hundred ninety nine dollars!" like the PS3 reveal, just because.
    Hahaa, oh those were the days. I shit my pants, I thought it was a joke.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Buddy I have that works for BestBuy confirmed that with conversion from USD, the Xbox Series X is gonna run me $629.99 plus tax, which brings it to about $705, sigh. Sitting on about $560 worth of gift cards, but was hoping that after selling my Xbox One X, I'd take that money to score a few games...looks like that's just to pay the damn thing off fml.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Microsoft acquires Bethesda for 7.5 billion and dam is it already making players mad lol.

This doesn't necessarily mean that we will see all Bethesda games on Xbox and PC. Phil Spencer stated they will make games on a case by case basis, so expect some of those games to be exclusive at some point to those platforms. Doesn't matter, if Doom comes back to PC, I'll be playing it on that anyway.

Edit... I just realized my PC rig is outdated and probably won't be able to run any new games on it.... Fuck me.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-21-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Preorders start tomorrow! (hopefully less of a mess)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Arrived at my local GameStop at 6 am. Only one other person. Line slowly grew to 8 people. Manager comes outs around 945 am and say that they only had 4 series x and 2 series s.

Happy I got mine, but I felt really bad for those who actually took the time to come out in person.

I felt like it was 2013 all over again. We were all engaging in conversations, shooting the shit. You can’t beat that experience. Was awesome. Hope you guys and gals get a console in today.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I recall reading a few posts about how weird it was for MS to announce the Bethesda thing on a Monday morning. I mean, if you're going to do it then shouldn't the day before your pre-orders open up be the best day for it? hype and then pre-order.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Pre-orders are a mess with Xbox as well... What a surprise!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Pre-orders are a mess with Xbox as well... What a surprise!
    I know these companies love their precious holiday buyers to pad their profits for the year in Q4 but with covid, lack of money, lack of actual consoles available and idiotic release management both of these companies should have just cancelled and rescheduled for a Spring 2021 release for these.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I know these companies love their precious holiday buyers to pad their profits for the year in Q4 but with covid, lack of money, lack of actual consoles available and idiotic release management both of these companies should have just cancelled and rescheduled for a Spring 2021 release for these.
    This... Instead of trying to shit out these consoles during a year where people are underfunded and things are absolutely bonkers, they probably said "Fuck it, people will buy anyway." and if that was the case the they were absolutely right lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What a bitch it was to secure a Series X but finally got through the BestBuy.ca site (after it shit the bed for like two hours).

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    the more I think about it, the more disgusting Microsoft's desperate purchase here is. Good business move, you'll do well, but fuck you.

MS has done NOTHING here, outside of make themselves a real "player" again. Fuck you and your money. I wanna play Fallout on my PSWHATEVER, and fuck you. I actually WAS going to buy an XBOX for backwards compatibility and now, y'know what, fuck you.
    I'm not buying an Xbox BECAUSE of this. Maybe I'll buy a PC. But fuck you guys.

Can ANYONE give me a good reason why I should buy an Xbox instead of a dedicated gaming PC that costs the same price?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-22-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the more I think about it, the more disgusting Microsoft's desperate purchase here is. Good business move, you'll do well, but fuck you.

MS has done NOTHING here, outside of make themselves a real "player" again. Fuck you and your money. I wanna play Fallout on my PSWHATEVER, and fuck you. I actually WAS going to buy an XBOX for backwards compatibility and now, y'know what, fuck you.
    I'm not buying an Xbox BECAUSE of this. Maybe I'll buy a PC. But fuck you guys.

Can ANYONE give me a good reason why I should buy an Xbox instead of a dedicated gaming PC that costs the same price?
    No, that's why I'm not buying one and enjoying everything on the PC. Shield is used for TV to PC.