Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently both, you can either put the disc in and download the 'new' One version of it, or just download it digitally.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Bummed we didnt see crackdown... Wtf? Did they drop development?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They said software emulation. So maybe it means digital ports? If it's discs, it's a game changer. And it means Sony has no excuse as to why they can't do it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    From Kotaku:

You’ll be able to access your digital collection of 360 games on Xbox One, as well as put discs in and download games you already own. The service will be available to everyone this holiday season, Microsoft says. Not all games will work with the service—Microsoft said around 100 will be available when it launches—but during the conference, they brought up Mass Effect as an example of an old 360 game you’ll be able to play on your current-gen console.

Also, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility has the first wave of titles that'll be available.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-15-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It seems like backwards compatability in name only. That list is... Lacking... Like, Perfect Dark Zero... Woo...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's just the first wave. I'm sure a lot more will added at some point.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, those are (i believe) the very first ones that are actually available today for the people in the preview list thing...the first big ass wave before Christmas is apparently going to be the big one.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Bravo Microsoft for finally doing what both systems (XB & PS) should have built in to the hardware from the start, two years ago. This is pretty cynical of me, but the move this late in the game feels disingenuous, like the system hasn’t sold as well as was hoped and so they finally relent and give people a long and much wanted feature in hopes of moving some more units.

I probably have no right to complain because I own neither system, but why the fuck don’t they design these things out of the gate with an emulator or a compatibility mode or whatever they need to play the shit you already physically own across the board? Is that really such a difficult thing to design in a console? Is it really that expensive to do? If so, why? Computers have been doing it for years, so why wouldn’t console companies want that technology in their systems, if for nothing else than to somewhat better compete with something cool that computer gaming has offered for a longass time? Does the idea of so radically redesigning your console from one generation to the next that it is impossible to run past generation games you already own, thus making them obsolete, seem like an outmoded idea to anyone else?

I ranted there, and probably went off topic. Sorry.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If anyone has the Xbox premium service could you send me an invite? I want my brother and I to play together but you have to be invited from someone who already has it. madtitanthanos0 is my XBOX handle. Anyway, I think XBOX has had my favorite press conference so far. I'm still waiting on Nintendo though. I even want a Wii U, I'm crossing my fingers that they announce a release date for the new Legsnd of Zelda open world game. Or a new Metroid. I liked Playstions to though. They won me over with Final Fantasy VII remake. It was one of the first games I remember watching my brother play when it first came out along with the first Resident Evil. Does anyone know if VII will be for XBOX too? I can't remember, I was kind of out of it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    If anyone has the Xbox premium service could you send me an invite? I want my brother and I to play together but you have to be invited from someone who already has it. madtitanthanos0 is my XBOX handle. Anyway, I think XBOX has had my favorite press conference so far. I'm still waiting on Nintendo though. I even want a Wii U, I'm crossing my fingers that they announce a release date for the new Legsnd of Zelda open world game. Or a new Metroid. I liked Playstions to though. They won me over with Final Fantasy VII remake. It was one of the first games I remember watching my brother play when it first came out along with the first Resident Evil. Does anyone know if VII will be for XBOX too? I can't remember, I was kind of out of it.
    xbox will get it. PS just gets it first, same bullshit MS is doing with Tomb Raider.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Bummed we didnt see crackdown... Wtf? Did they drop development?
    Phil Spencer said during the keynote that Crackdown and Quantum Break will be shown at Gamescom.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    xbox will get it. PS just gets it first, same bullshit MS is doing with Tomb Raider.
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a PS4 version of Tomb Raider. Microsoft ARE publishing it and when they do that it's a lot different to the timed exclusives most people think this just is. Two that Microsoft published are Mass Effect and DR3, and whilst Mass Effect did eventually end up on PS it took a long time. I think it will eventually see the light on a Sony console, but like Mass Effect it'll be long after most people care.

I'm also not convinced FF7 will arrive on the bone in a timely manner either, but I'm hoping so. It might have to be a PC job for me.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Holy fuck Microsoft. These guys destroyed E3. Xbox backwards compatibility? awesome (only because i hope ShadowRUn comes to it if not i don't care)

but what i really do care about is the new UI which looks shit tons better than the garbage we have now but most importantly the new Xbox Elite controller. They just dropped a game changer on the console shooter community. Till now only the hardcore players would purchase custom controllers with buttons on the back and different thumbsticks shapes/heights.

For example i use a Battle Beaver Custom with jump mapped to a back button, my left thumbstick is convex like a PS controller and my right stick has a kontrolfreek which is bigger and gives it more height. The difference this makes for shooters is absolutely ridiculous. I can even hang with really good PC players with this controller but now microsoft just went and destroyed all those small companies with this

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just got done with a match in gears beta. The other team spawn camped the whole match. Told myself, " well, gears hasn't changed." Turned it off and went back to halo.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Just got done with a match in gears beta. The other team spawn camped the whole match. Told myself, " well, gears hasn't changed." Turned it off and went back to halo.
    ok? maybe get out of that lame mode and play execution where a majority of the good players are in.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else have the elite controller? Thing is a beast

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xb...lity_Game_List

Microsoft released this list yesterday. I hope bigger titles are made compatible sooner rather than later because this initial list doesn't have very many games I own...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Only titles I am a bit bummed out that didn't make it were Skyrim and Red Dead, and the Arkham series. Other than that, not a bad list of games to qualify off the bat.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Backwards compatibility is out I belive. Do you have to have an update or something or do you just insert a compatible 360 disc? Also I got Fallout 4 in the mail. Ugh... YASSSS

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Update the entire system for the new dashboard. Then you get games for backwards compatibility to show up in ready to install menus if you have it digitally. if not insert the disc, assuming its compatible.

I installed my baby (Gears of War 3 and all of its DLC and the skins and characters I've bought) and it works great BUT there is frame rate drops and lag playing it. I know that was an issue in the beta testing for some games in the preview program for backwards compatibility/dashboard.

I transferred my saves and player data to the cloud on 360. I also took my game save for Mirror's Edge. Right now the only games in my catalog that are compatable that I want on my One are Gears 3 and Mirror's Edge.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-12-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I don't care for the new dashboard. I liked the old one better. Eh, maybe it'll grow on me like the old one.

When I bought am xbox one this passed Summer I didn't care too much for the dashboard layout at the time, but that was more so due to being unfamiliar with it. Just fnally got used to it and now they change it...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think its way more convenient.

Anyone on Halo 5?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I think its way more convenient.

Anyone on Halo 5?
    Meeeee, I need people to play with.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone else get selected to be in the alpha for Tom Clancy's The Division that starts Wednesday? I'm pumped, I've been waiting to play this game forever.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Anyone else get selected to be in the alpha for Tom Clancy's The Division that starts Wednesday? I'm pumped, I've been waiting to play this game forever.
    Oh my god this game is unbelievable.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh my god this game is unbelievable.
    DO TELL. Looks awesome, but I'm on a wait and see approach.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    DO TELL. Looks awesome, but I'm on a wait and see approach.
    I'll send you a PM with all the details...with the NDA, don't wanna spoil it for everyone else. I'll point form here what I'll PM you in a lot less detail. Anyone can PM me and I'll give the more detailed description I'm sending Kodiak33.

- storyline appears to be NYC after some kind of virus has wiped out most of the population and police/military force. You're part of some kind of militia? Devs kept most of the story out on purpose.

- Borrows the best parts of a handful of games. Watch Dogs kinda vibe...though it's MUCH more detailed...Destiny...the intro has one of the devs thanking you for playing but giving a few brief tips, and he says 'our game is very much an RPG....' You have XP, unlock skills, have a backpack to carry items...armor upgrades, etc. There's modding of gear, etc.

- XP and skills to unlock as you level.

- Cover-based type of combat.

- AI is insanely intuitive.

- Main mission and 'side quests', loot containers for modding materials, etc. like any other RPG.

- The map is very cool and big, clearly expandable for DLC, etc.

- There are a few 'vendors' selling gear, guns, etc. that you can buy/sell at.

- PvP is called the 'Dark Zone'

Could go on and on but it's a very realistic, fun game. The combat is very, VERY realistic...you can't take a lot of bullets before dying, need to use cover, fight smart. Environments are sick, the storyline seems pretty awesome. Definitely a must buy for me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Witcher 2 got added to backwards compatibility for Xbox One and is free until February 5th for some reason

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...Xbox-Live.html

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, can you play an xbox live gold game even when it's not advertised as gold? Or do you have to buy I afterwards? I have an xbox one game on my console that I want to play. It's ready to install, it was for gold but I never got around to playing it.