Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Primus & Les Claypool

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Primus & Les Claypool

This is the Primus thread.
    Inside we will talk about all thing Primus-y.
    Green Naugahyde is an album.
    Primus sucks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got to see them in Albany, NY this past September. Great show! Almost as good as when I saw Les Claypool and his Fancy Band in Tempe, AZ back in 2006.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, saw them in NYC this past tour and had a great time. First set was really nice and the album in the second set was fun too (although I'd prefer to just have 2 sets of randomness rather than knowing what the next song is going to be). Personally, I think the new album is fantastic and a great return to form after so many years away.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Primus is embarking on a 3D tour... sounds epic as fuck.
    Last edited by Soma; 10-27-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yes sir, got my tickets for Hammerstein, gonna be nutty

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    got tickets for Nov 4 at the Cotillion in Wichita. booyah!
    Last edited by Soma; 10-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sailing the Seas of Cheese 2013 mix:
    Primus – Sailing The Seas Of Cheese

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Here's one I didn't expect, Jay Lane's out, and Tim 'Herb' Alexander is back in.

I think it's inevitable that Tim will go again, but potentially the band are hitting the studio again in November, and I'm hoping we get the true spiritual successor to Animals Should Not Try To Act Like People.

Strange times!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-ween-20130925

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why aren't there more Primus fans around these parts? Figured since they were big around the same time as NIN, they would have more crossover fans. Top 3 bands for me, for sure.
    Herb news is pretty interesting indeed, especially the part about a possible new album coming soon.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Why aren't there more Primus fans around these parts? Figured since they were big around the same time as NIN, they would have more crossover fans. Top 3 bands for me, for sure.
    Herb news is pretty interesting indeed, especially the part about a possible new album coming soon.
    I'm a Primus fan! I saw them 3 times when i was a teenager. It amazes me how HEAVY they sound live. I like it when they play Eleven.

Primus sucks!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Definitely one of my most listened to bands but I've been out of the loop for quite some time. Green naugahyde made me dive back but it didn't last long. Don't know what it is, but this band is special and I have to be in the very mood for it. Just like Beck and Ween.

The halucinogenetics DVD is one of my most favorite live DVDs to this day and I'll pop it in every now and then eventhough I don't spin the records that much. Sailing the Seas of Cheese ranks fairly well among my life time albums, though.

Haven't seen them live unfortunately...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Definitely one of my most listened to bands but I've been out of the loop for quite some time. Green naugahyde made me dive back but it didn't last long. Don't know what it is, but this band is special and I have to be in the very mood for it. Just like Beck and Ween.

The halucinogenetics DVD is one of my most favorite live DVDs to this day and I'll pop it in every now and then eventhough I don't spin the records that much. Sailing the Seas of Cheese ranks fairly well among my life time albums, though.

Haven't seen them live unfortunately...
    I highly recommend you do! I've seen them live more than any other band and I will still gladly buy a ticket every single time they come to town, or any other Les project. The man just knows how to entertain a crowd and god damn can he play that 4-stringed piece of furniture of his.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ive seen primus 12x (96-2013), les solo 2x and duo de twang once. all great shows, cant wait to see if they put together another new album with tim. the band has a certain air about itself when he's in the band. i sometimes viewed it as them fucking around a bit less and making more classic 3-piece centered primus.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Good, I hope he gets better. Just give him some a year at the most to recover so that Primus can start kicking ass again.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Primus still has a few shows lined up for September, I wonder who is going to be drumming. I wouldn't think Tim will be back just yet and I'm pretty sure Jay Lane is busy hanging out with Bob Weir. Possibly someone completely new? Possibly Brain? Whoever it may be, I sure am glad I got to see the band with Tim last month since the 5 shows I saw previously were all with Jay, and really, even though Jay is technically the original drummer, Les, Ler, & Tim have always been the quintessential lineup.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    They are supposed to be dropping the Willy Wonka album anytime soon, the tour is all to support that, they'll be doing mixed sets followed by wonka sets. It will be interesting to see what happens, I heard something about november shows but I'm not sure.

I am forever grateful to Jay for being the guy who got Primus back in gear and touring Europe again after so long, but I do pray that sometime in the future they'll come back to the UK with Les, Ler and Tim. You cannot deny the power of this lineup.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    They are supposed to be dropping the Willy Wonka album anytime soon, the tour is all to support that, they'll be doing mixed sets followed by wonka sets. It will be interesting to see what happens, I heard something about november shows but I'm not sure.
    Where did you hear that? I thought the Willy Wonka thing was just a one-time thing for NYE. I just saw them last month and they didn't play any of the Wonka songs. And I definitely haven't heard anything about them recording the Wonka stuff in the studio. Not calling you a liar, just curious what your source is because if they do record it that would be fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Loved what he did with Buckethead.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Where did you hear that? I thought the Willy Wonka thing was just a one-time thing for NYE. I just saw them last month and they didn't play any of the Wonka songs. And I definitely haven't heard anything about them recording the Wonka stuff in the studio. Not calling you a liar, just curious what your source is because if they do record it that would be fucking awesome.
    Les has mentioned it in a couple of interviews, there's bits of info over at the primus bull board forum. Word is that they were dropping the wonka album and taking it on the road, it'll be curious to see how they go about it all live without the frog brigade there, although I believe the frog brigade are playing on the album.

I've just done a bit of digging and here's the interview: http://m.download.cnet.com/8301-2007...-les-claypool/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I am very much looking forward to this, not as much as a proper original Primus album, but this will be very interesting.

I hope they carry off the momentum of it and dive back in for a full on follow up album. I will always hope for an album in the vein of Animals Should Not Try To Act Like People as that's where Les, Ler & Tim left off in 2003 properly.

Very glad Herb pulled through and is recovering. The guy is powerhouse.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Fuck. Yes.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 07-28-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Halloween at the Beacon? Count me in.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'll be there!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pricing and on-sale times are already available: http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?t...nput=&q=primus

Pre-sale for the Beacon is thursday

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://primusville.com/

You can already order presale tickets. But I'm going to wait until more go on sale to see if I can snag a better one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm watching a good quality video of the Chocolate Factory set live...and I gotta say, halfway through, not really feeling it. It's not bad, but it feels way more like any of Les' side projects than it does PRIMUS. I hate skerik, and overall the Fungi ensemble takes away from what I like about Primus...Les, Ler, and Tim doing their thing as a three piece.