Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Grammys-2023--your thoughts

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Grammys-2023--your thoughts

I didn't watch it, but that's all I read about on my Facebook feed.

Glad Wet Leg and Ozzy won. I don't get the Beyonce hype.

I have heard a few Harry Styles songs and thought they were really catchy. I want to listen to his album.

Anyone else watch this?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Ozzy & Carlisle winning their metal and rock Grammys over a young band that's actually doing something different and getting kids excited for guitar music is all I needed to see. And there were PLENTY of other awards given out to completely undeserving people and/or it simply showed for the millionth time how out of touch the voters are. Grammys continue to be a joke.

I am excited for Rihanna on Sunday though!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I didn't watch the whole thing in full, but saw clips here and there on social media. The hip hop 50 years tribute performance was awesome. Busta Rhymes cracked me up, "You think I'm playin' wit ya'll?"

Ghost losing to Ozzy for the metal award was lame. Feel like they gave it to Ozzy just because.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The Grammys are still a thing?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I didn't watch the whole thing in full, but saw clips here and there on social media. The hip hop 50 years tribute performance was awesome. Busta Rhymes cracked me up, "You think I'm playin' wit ya'll?"

Ghost losing to Ozzy for the metal award was lame. Feel like they gave it to Ozzy just because.
    I thought Ozzy's album was strong, would have been okay with either winning. I wish the Ozzy/Jeff Beck song had won, would have been nice for Beck to have one last recognition.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I thought Ozzy's album was strong, would have been okay with either winning. I wish the Ozzy/Jeff Beck song had won, would have been nice for Beck to have one last recognition.
    I was glad during the memorial segment they had the lengthy clip of Beck doing Bolero rather than have someone else try it. Overall the memorial segment was good. Chris Stapleton jamming with Stevie Wonder was a pleasant surprise. Most of the show was pretty bleh. Shania Twain made me fell ahhhhhh funny haha. Smokey Robinson & Madonna are plastic surgery disasters. I'd never heard of the best new artist & the little I heard made me want to check her out. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. Finally, they really need to recognize Bjork some time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    RE: Beyonce and Harry Styles.

Of the two albums, which one do you feel is more deserving to win the best album of the year? I've listened to neither and don't have an opinion. I know that the Beehive is unhappy.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I don't pay much attention to the popularity contest, since many respectable artists over the years have come out and air the dirty laundry of what really goes on with this spectacle... Mostly the same artists are nominated every year, and there is SO MUCH music out there that deserves recognition and they never get it.

Harry Styles new album is everything you would want on a nice evening drive. It touches upon many different genres, songs are catchy, and there is a lot of love and soul in it. The amount of hate he gets makes no sense, and he has to be one of the most misunderstood musicians on the planet. Harry deserved every second of his win, and his humble speech was very kind.

Every time I hear a Beyonce song, it just sounds samey to me and I move on with my life. The amount of times she repeats words, and references "Diamonds" is uncanny to me. Her music is empty, and just seems to be a show off... But that's just me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Every time I hear a Beyonce song, it just sounds samey to me and I move on with my life. The amount of times she repeats words, and references "Diamonds" is uncanny to me. Her music is empty, and just seems to be a show off... But that's just me.
    Yep. Every album she puts out seems to get praised as this huge game changer and always ends up at the top of year-end lists, and every time I hear them, I think "What's the big deal?" Also, I saw that she thanked the queer community for one of her wins. Meanwhile, she's playing at a hotel opening in Dubai (when she doesn't even need the fucking money). Thanks Bey for having our backs on that one.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yep. Every album she puts out seems to get praised as this huge game changer and always ends up at the top of year-end lists, and every time I hear them, I think "What's the big deal?" Also, I saw that she thanked the queer community for one of her wins. Meanwhile, she's playing at a hotel opening in Dubai (when she doesn't even need the fucking money). Thanks Bey for having our backs on that one.
    Now, that is just awesome . I get that something from her can easily get overhyped, but I'm sure there are a few Bey songs that I enjoy out there.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yep. Every album she puts out seems to get praised as this huge game changer and always ends up at the top of year-end lists, and every time I hear them, I think "What's the big deal?"
    I see what you mean.

This is a good song, but it's not THAT amazing. I bought her new album and the new Harry Styles. I'm 43 and stuck in the 70s-90s, but I try not be be totally culturally ignorant.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yep. Every album she puts out seems to get praised as this huge game changer and always ends up at the top of year-end lists, and every time I hear them, I think "What's the big deal?"
    I see what you mean.

This is a good song, but it's not THAT amazing. I bought her new album and the new Harry Styles. I'm 43 and stuck in the 70s-90s, but I try not be be totally culturally ignorant. I want to know what's happening.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 02-16-2023 at 10:54 PM.