Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Henry Rollins

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    So he's worth 12 mil, huh. Does he ever talk about his wealth? Does his material include stuff about wealth inequality or poverty at all? Just curious.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    More expounding on suicide from Henry.

Anyways, back to the music. This is probably my favorite Rollins Band offering, mainly because of the first three tracks. Great covers.

The never-fail motivational song:

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    This needs to happen again:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    sadly it won't.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    sadly it won't.
    Such a shame, my favorite lineup from the band is Haskett/Cain/Gibbs/Rollins

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Such a shame, my favorite lineup from the band is Haskett/Cain/Gibbs/Rollins
    absolutely agree with you, but Henry's been pretty vocal about his dislike at the end of the 06 tour, also seems like the drummer wasn't trustworthy in Henry's book. He prepared hard for the tour and expected the same from the others but it didn't happen, probably why he gave up on the band after.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Is it sad I never knew he was the host of a History Channel show?

http://www.history.com/shows/10-thin...ont-know-about

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I saw him speak at my school(university of north Texas) a few years ago. He spoke for two hours and didn't once take a sip of water.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Is it sad I never knew he was the host of a History Channel show?

http://www.history.com/shows/10-thin...ont-know-about
    He's on EVERYTHING lately, even eating snakes and wrestling aligators in f'n Nat Geo...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This looks pretty fun:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yeah I'm looking forward to that. He doesn't seem to be too bad in it.

Seeing this thread just reminded me I have tickets to see him in January in Bristol!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I took some photos of Henry performing in Bristol tonight. It was unassigned seating which meant I managed to get front row centre. They're pretty crap photos because I didn't want to distract him too much.

http://imgur.com/a/gudFX

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Cool pix, thanks for sharing!

Neat looking backdrop behind him, too.

Preach on, Brother Hank!

\m/

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    He's playing Newcastle tonight and I was really hoping to go but my two friends who were interested can't go for various reasons, and it was a stretch anyway (got some home shit to sort out) so almost certainly missing it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I forgot to mention there were protesters outside the venue. They were mad that Rollins is going to Israel.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah I saw it a while ago. I enjoyed it, but I probably wouldn't have made it all the way to the end if he wasn't in it. I really liked how you could tell Henry really didn't want to hurt the stunt guys throughout

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    saw the movie too, it was ok and yeah, without henry i probably wouldn't have bothered. it was good to see him in a lead though, perfect loner role for him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    has anyone seen this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4864574/

I can't seem to find any release for it, i can't believe this has not been made more widely available considering the cast involved.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Never heard of it! It looks fun though!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    has anyone seen this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4864574/

I can't seem to find any release for it, i can't believe this has not been made more widely available considering the cast involved.
    So far its only been a live show thing with a live band. I had tickets for it at one point but they cancelled that tour. No idea if its going to be released just as a dvd. I did go to a special London event a few years ago where they showed clips from the film and Rollins, Jesse Hughes and Grace Jones performed live.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I went to see the movie in 2016 with Rollins actually being there. It was fun but as you can imagine there was little to zero substance to the film apart from giving all of our heroes a sequence to shine. Rollins is pretty much the only narrative element here. What I did like was the band that accompanied the movie, playing all kinds of cover songs of some classics like "ace of spades" and "raining blood". The singer is very capable and I liked the atmosphere. A longer tour was cancelled like Digital Twilight already pointed out.

I managed to talk to the director once on instagram as they were apparently reworking some elements of the show, but suddenly it all stopped and the thing seems to be in limbo right now.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Man, y'all are slippin'.

Henry SANG friggin' RISE ABOVE at Cyndi Lauper's annual benefit show in LA.

Yes, this starts off awkward. Yes, the backing band looks lame as fuck (and please have the fucking keyboardist & backup singers sit out the Black Flag cover). Yes Lauper looks like she's gonna float away at any moment in that absurd dress. But overall I still think I back this. Rollins looks uncomfortable at first (understandable) but then slowly eases into it and has good (if awkward) energy throughout. He sounds GOOD. And they def. were having fun. Considering this was at a benefit show, i'm glad it happened even if there were some corny things surrounding the performance.

I don't think Rollins has performed Black Flag music live since the West Memphis 3 shows, correct? And nothing for Rollins Band since 2006?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    They keytar player looks like the keyboard player in Michael C. Hall's (yes, Dexter) new band Princess Goes to the Butterfly Museum. Same dude, right?