Page 130 of 215 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 6440

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

@Sarah K I'm partial to this version, myself

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm truly getting concerned for Rudy Giuliani's mental health.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...cks-in-8-years

Maybe this is his way of revealing that 9/11 really was an inside job after all?
    That's what I was thinking! Haha.
    See, I went to infowars because I thought they'd be all over this but the problem is that Infowars are huge Trump supporters.
    There's literally not one mention of Rudy's quote. Nothing on Breitbart either.

Here's your daily Katrina Pierson quote (my emphasis):

“The voters want someone that’s gonna fight back because they are tired of seeing left-wing reporters literally beat Trump supporters into submission into supporting policies they don’t agree with,” Pierson told Fox Business Network. “It just shuts them down and that’s not what they’re seeing in this campaign.”

I haven't seen any reports of left-wing journalists beating Trump supporters yet.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who find Trump hilarious?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah. He's super hilarious. Racism. Misogyny. Xenophobia. Being totally disconnected from reality. Temper tantrums.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    If you support someone else, if you vote 3rd party, do it without propagating the lie that Trump is not uniquely terrifying and unfit. What was any other candidate's version of banning an entire people, building a wall, asking honestly and candidly about why we cant use nukes, the mexican judge etc (obviously this list can go on forever). What is any other candidate's version of this ticking time bomb of a personality and hatred? It's not comparable.
    Really? Because I can find plenty of comparisons with both presidential candidates and elected presidents.
    Andrew Jackson
    Henry Ford
    Reagan
    etc.

And you are ignoring how "uniquely bad" Hillary is when it comes to Dem candidates. She is Dick Cheney with a vagina.

The "fear" I have over what happens in a Trump presidency vs what happens in a Clinton presidency is marginally different. It's not worth fear-voting for one over the other, to me.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    This "NSA Hack" (it's really just a group connect to NSA) story is being speculated to be connected to the DNC Leak. So, I give you this:
    http://i.imgur.com/T7ZaS4I.png

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Yeah. He's super hilarious. Racism. Misogyny. Xenophobia. Being totally disconnected from reality. Temper tantrums.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
    I think people take him way too seriously, I take these elections as sort of stand up comedy and watching him is at least entertaining

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    Am I the only one who find Trump hilarious?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    And you are ignoring how "uniquely bad" Hillary is when it comes to Dem candidates. She is Dick Cheney with a vagina.

Ooh la la, sounds sexy!

Not a fan of either candidate, but Hillary feels somewhat like the lesser of two evils. From a political layman’s perspective, the current campaign feels like if given the choice to support only either Richard Nixon (Hillary) or Jim Jones (Trump), and in that scenario Nixon suddenly seems like not so bad an option. Not looking for a fight or anything, and admittedly I could be completely wrong here, but at times listening to Trump I can’t help but think, wow this is what it must have been like to listen to Jim Jones.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think people take him way too seriously, I take these elections as sort of stand up comedy and watching him is at least entertaining
    I have the capacity to find him entertaining because I genuinely believe he will lose.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yeah I think he's loosing steam lately after his comments about assassination of Hilary. Also his inclination towards Russia is not very good PR move. I'm not even sure he want to win, he could be like Boris Johnson of American elections.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Just because someone is a piece of shit doesn't mean you can't find their actions or the shit that comes out of their mouth funny. See Herman Cain for example. That guy is a piece of shit. But him being a piece of shit will never not make some of his stupidity funny, like quoting Pokemon and the whole Cain Train stuff

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Of course he has no chance of winning at this point.

But the fact that someone could be a walking, breathing, YouTube comment section and become the nominee of a major party is fucking terrifyingly awful. Lots of shitty humans around here.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post

Ooh la la, sounds sexy!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    3 months is a long time in politics though, I think it depends what kind of shit they dig on Hilary just before elections. And I think if Trump would tone down his rhetoric a little bit he could have a decent chance of winning, but I'm not really sure how much he thinks when he speaks, so there's that. Also the fact that someone like Trump could be a serious presidential candidate is partly due to how much of a weak candidate Hilary is.

Oh and your two party system in regards of presidency is god damn ridiculous
    Last edited by telee.kom; 08-16-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm sure people thought Hitler was fucking hilarious too... look at this melodramatic tool, shouting all the time, making silly hand-gestures. Look at that stupid mustache! LOLOLOLOL so funny!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    haha that didn't take long, yeah Trump is literally Hitler

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    haha that didn't take long, yeah Trump is literally Hitler
    I'm not saying he's Hitler. I'm saying that I'm sure a lot of people thought Hitler's "unique" mustache was ridiculous looking, totally hilarious, just like Trump's pasty orange face and stupid comb-over. I'm sure they thought the ridiculous xenophobic jingoistic nonsense he was selling was ludicrous sounding.

I'm saying you're laughing at something that isn't funny.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm saying that I'm sure a lot of people thought Hitler's "unique" mustache was ridiculous looking, totally hilarious
    Hitler's mustache wasn't unique. The toothbrush moustache was normal and popular before his reputation of having one ruined it. Charlie Chaplin and Oliver Hardy had them as well.

edit: And before you say "you're missing the point" I know your point, I'm just correcting you on something you stated that's inaccurate.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 08-16-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    You are comparing him to Hitler, which is ridiculous. He's an idiot, but that's about it.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    And you're deliberately missing the point so that you can ridicule his comment without having to actually address it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I understand what the point is. It's ridiculous. Trump is not a dangerous man, he's just a man with a big mouth. And of course you can argue people thought that about Hitler too; it's a non argument, what Trump did to deserve this comparison? Because he's sexist? Because he made fun of some disabled reporter? Come on. Even if elected, there's not that much he can do by himself. People are comparing things they merely don't like or agree with fascism way more often than they should. It devolves the term of any meaning.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    what Trump did to deserve this comparison? Because he's sexist? Because he made fun of some disabled reporter? .
    If that's all you took away from Trump's campaign you might have missed a few episodes, you might want to catch up before downplaying the fascism parallels.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I just don't take this guy seriously and I don't know how anyone can. He's babbling empty phrases, he's just saying big words and outrages comments that appears bold and strong to his target audience. He's a marketing guy. You really think he's gonna build a wall around entire south american border? Please, he's not a monarch or emperor. He'd be just a president. It's overrated. I know first hand what it means to have a shitty president, you'll be embarrassed for him, but in reality there's not that much he can do. And seeing these two candidates, I would be embarrassed either way if I was American, so I'm having hard time to really jump on Trump hate train that's going on around here

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    It's not like elected officials ever built a wall overnight or ever segregated a whole class of people due to their race or religion, or ever gagged their whole media, right.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I understand what the point is. It's ridiculous. Trump is not a dangerous man, he's just a man with a big mouth. And of course you can argue people thought that about Hitler too; it's a non argument, what Trump did to deserve this comparison? Because he's sexist? Because he made fun of some disabled reporter? Come on. Even if elected, there's not that much he can do by himself. People are comparing things they merely don't like or agree with fascism way more often than they should. It devolves the term of any meaning.
    Hitler wasn't dangerous either, until he ascended to power. I'm sure Stephen Hawking is smarter than either of us, and he thinks Trump poses a threat to civilization.

I'm a little tired of people invoking Godwin's law. We're supposed to learn from history, not use it as a means to dismiss a modern parallel as hyperbole. Hitler was a loudmouth sociopath who appealed to nationalistic pride by demonizing the "other," and faulting the other for stealing jobs and the stagnant economy. He appealed to fear, ignorance, and prejudice. He rallied people against groups for religious affiliation.

It's not hyperbole, and he could have been worse. He could have WON the war. He could have had nuclear weapons. Trump has insinuated that he wants to make it illegal to criticize him in a slanderous way. He wants to "go after the families" of suspected terrorists. Get more extreme with torture. Defund the EPA and make our military so powerful "nobody will mess with us." Roll back civil rights. Monitor people for religious affiliation and bar people from entering the country for their religious beliefs. So yeah, I think it's dangerous to give him access to our nuclear weapons and have him appoint Supreme Court seats. This isn't a joke.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-17-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm sure Stephen Hawking is smarter than either of us, and he thinks Trump poses a threat to civilization
    Just because someone is smart in a few fields doesn't mean they're smart about every subject, you know. If you want an example, look at Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Trump is definitely funny, mostly in a dark way.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    @allegro that post was good, why delete it?

I am curious about the possible insurrection as a result of Trump. What would that look like? I mean, I could see one coming from Hillary, but a sizable portion of people who have the balls to carry through with insurrection are fans of Trump at some level. Though... i guess quite a few are fans of him due to the chaos he would create.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Just because someone is smart in a few fields doesn't mean they're smart about every subject, you know. If you want an example, look at Neil deGrasse Tyson.
    Yeah.... i mean, I have mad respect for Hawkings... but it's not like he is just universally intelligent on every topic and surpasses the knowledge of every human. He specializes in physics.

Trump says everything. The people who dislike him pick out all the bad shit he says. The people who like him pick out all the good stuff he says. Nobody knows what a Trump presidency would be like.

Hitler also did similar shit. Listen to some of his speeches. They were so goddamned empty. They just made people feel good and the people would fill in the details with their own desires and emotions. But even if we had actual Hitler running for president, the outcome wouldn't be what happened in Germany. This is the USA, not Germany. Our governance model is very different. We have a lot of checks in place to help prevent abuse of power.

People who are concerned about what Trump could do as president should be FUCKING PISSED about the precedent Obama has paved for increasing executive power. I still don't think this has really solidified for Obama supporters yet. A Trump presidency would be quite the awakening for those people who forgot about the limits on executive power and were totally fine with unilateral executive action.