Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just listening to the sample on iTunes at the moment. pretty fucking awesome.

it's amazing how often they can use similar sounding little breakdowns and i NEVER get sick of them. seriously. i love this band.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Full track w/ lyrics:

This is fucking good. Holy crap, they blew it out of the stadium with this track.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I like it, but it reminds me too much of 43% burnt though. And I guess this one is not the new single but rather a promo piece?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    awesome song. sounds like something from option paralysis. I read that with this album they really spent effort writing each part instead of "letting the songs write themselves" which im looking forward to.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love this new song. I just downloaded it from iTunes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a little underwhelmed to be honest, I'm sure the album will be good overall though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

I feel same way. No doubt the album will be awesome as a whole. Feel like bands are purposely not putting out there best songs as single now a days.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm really digging that 2XLP set, that looks as if one disc is tan with black splatters and the other either white or clear with black splatters. Wish they let you preorder JUST the vinyl. I could care less about getting a poster with it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pretty awesome statement on their Facebook page regarding "BAND BATTLES":
    "Hey everyone. So it seems there are a lot of these things going on, and now we are unwittingly part of one. You know, these band "contests" where they put one band against another in some sort of "cage match" as if musical expression is an olympic sport? Well yeah. We don't really care about "beating" other bands and saying HEY OUR ART IS BETTER THAN YOURS! WE NEED EGO VALIDATION! VOTE FOR US IN THIS POLL! So in order to keep us from advancing to another "round" or just to help us to make a statement against reducing art to sport just for the sake of driving web traffic...can you please go vote AGAINST us in this poll, to make sure we lose? Thanks.

http://loudwire.com/as-i-lay-dying-v...n-death-match/"

Pretty rad.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Only 2 German dates so far, I sincerely hope they will add a few more since Düsseldorf and Hannover are not exactly the places I imagine the where the place to be is actually at. :P

Oh, and slowly but steadily I'm enjoying the new track more and more, while I still hope for the definite bomb to drop very soon!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Holy fuck. Is it May 14 yet?? This sounds amazing.

*Edit:* Those cheeky bastards pulled the preview. Quick reaction: holy fuck.

More nuanced reaction: this sounds like the best bits of every album put together in the best possible way. That six minutes of madness was akin to the scene where Neo finally "saw" the Matrix; it all flowed through him and he was master of his domain. One of Us Is The Killer, although we were only given :30 second snippets, sounds perfect. There were no outliers. With past releases, each track sounded great but there were some "tough downshifts", so to speak, that disrupted the flow of the album. Tracks like Milk Lizard or Gold Teeth on a Bum, which I love on their own, kind of felt out of place. It was still Dillinger, but something didn't seem right. With this album, it all makes sense.
    Last edited by the duder; 03-31-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ugh too soon for a sampler that I am going to lust over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The sampler has me even more fucking pumped for this album then Prancer did! Some of these snippets sound just fantastic!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Got my vinyl pre-ordered, I can't wait to see that splatter in my hands! Kinda glad the sampler got taken down, now I just have to fight the urge when and if they post it again!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ordered the CD + Tank bundle. If all goes well, I'll get it when I get my license and car back...that being said, I feel that this will not be leaving my car's CD player for a long, LONG time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"When I Lost My Bet"

Dude, this is some Calculating Infinity type shit. This is nuts.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Shit is UNREAL how good this is.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I think I like this, but the problem with DEP is that I have to be in the mood for them, which I am clearly not right now. I hope by the time the album comes out I am in the right mindset for this.

A concert on the other hand could pull me on their side in no time!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I need this album now please. I like the new track.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i think that was better than anything on calculating infinity, though it is a bit more in the style of that album than their more recent stuff.

also, that was simultaneously the most disgusting and beautiful music video i've possibly ever seen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I cannot wait to see these guys tomorrow night

**edit: holy shit was that show good! A few people with me on the rail were bummed the Faceless dropped off of the tour, but oh well. Royal Thunder was great...almost a Black Mountain vibe to em. Dillinger sounded as tight as I've ever heard them, which could be due to the fact this is just their fourth show of the tour. Greg came over to our group on almost every song and planted the mic in our faces numerous times. Also, the new songs are incredible live. Opened with Prancer and put When I Lost My Bet (which was SICK) about 2/3 into the set.
    Last edited by the duder; 04-25-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Nice! I'm catching them on the 10th in Madison. I can't wait.

I've listened to When I Lost My Bet at least eight times today. I don't watch the video since it detracts from the music so much—I simply play the music in the background. I can't get over how good it is, I think it's some of their best work yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah. Both Prancer and WILMB are light years beyond anything off of Option Paralysis, but sound like they'd fit on Calculating.

That being said, from the teaser, I was not expecting WILMB to sound like it does. Makes me even more excited to hear the rest of the album. I feel Crossburner is going to explode heads.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Two new tracks - One of Us is the Killer and Nothing's Funny.
    Really feeling the groove of the title track; Greg's range has always been unreal and holy shit does this track showcase it. Nothing's Funny - preceded by a great interview with Ben and Greg - is about as mainstream as they've gone but has bits and bobs of distinct DEP throughout. The breakdown + chorus with falsetto + tinkling piano = fucking win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping the title track is the worst song on the album

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theSplinter04 View Post
    I'm hoping the title track is the worst song on the album
    I actually dig the title track...nice little change of pace

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    got free tix to the boise show. i find them confusing and (mostly) unlistenable, but i'm hoping the live show will change my mind.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    chump: I am excited to hear your take after seeing them live.

Here's some great tweets after their performance at Golden Gods last night. Fucking priceless.

*Edit: silly formatting put the video in the middle of that sentence. Here's video of last night's show:
    Last edited by the duder; 05-03-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    got free tix to the boise show. i find them confusing and (mostly) unlistenable, but i'm hoping the live show will change my mind.
    that's how i felt when my guitar teacher first showed me them at the age of 14. two weeks later, i was hooked.