Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: U2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think the acapella work he does in the show is what really blew my socks off. Note-perfect, powerful, beautiful.

LOL, I'm still geeking out about this to a degree I never would have expected going in. Certainly no wonder he's a rock star!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    I think the acapella work he does in the show is what really blew my socks off. Note-perfect, powerful, beautiful.

LOL, I'm still geeking out about this to a degree I never would have expected going in. Certainly no wonder he's a rock star!
    We saw his show in Scotland last year and it blew me away. His voice is sounding the best it has done in a very long time, I thought it was a genuinely great piece of entertainment & theatre.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Despite it being a cheasy one off to help promote the Vegas residency, I DO quite enjoy the track. Also it's actually pretty neat to see The Fly return at the end of the video. Achtung and ZooTV are my absolute favorite eras of U2 so that felt really cool. I really hope they choose to film and release one of these shows. I know that no recording can replicate what it must be like inside of the sphere during one of the shows, but I'm genuinely really curious as to how far they will lean into the ZooTV2023 concept and just do the wildest shit with that massive screen.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It's "Call me" by Blondie, U2 style.

I don't care too much for the sphere thing, but i'm glad they will perform Atchtung Baby live, let's see how it goes...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm trying to stay spoiler free, but a couple of the same videos and pictures are being used in all the articles and it looks like an incredible venue. We've got GA tickets for next Sunday and them playing all of Achtung Baby is the highlight for me.

Will be interesting to see how other artists use the venue. The scale and quality of the video screens inside looks incredible, but I'm just as excited about how good the sound system is supposed to be.

The new song is ok - I think its their best single they've done in a very long time and Blondie is credited on it which is no surprise!
    Last edited by Ascender; 10-01-2023 at 03:04 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I want to go sooo badly.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeeaah before the dates officially started I had fully resigned myself to "cant afford it, don't even try, you seriously cannot afford it" and now that I've watched all these videos repeatedly I'm like plotting how in the fuck to suddenly afford a trip to Vegas for this. Realistically it's not going to happen but jesus fucking christ I want to go to there.

The way the artificial ceiling lowers down on the crowd during The Fly reminds me SO MUCH of the same effect that HTDA used during their shows where they made it look like the room was growing and shrinking and tilting.

My only complaint so far in these shows is that the band has essentially wiped the ZooTV stage show of it's political nature (which I guess was to be expected with these shows being so reliant on shareholders and all the other marketing aspects of opening a new venue) and that Bono is for some reason really committing to the new lyrics from the Songs of Surrender release, which is a huge fumble in my opinion. Everything else seems really incredible though.

Just imagine what NIN could do in that damn sphere.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They've extended the Sphere residency by quite a few months, so it may be more realistic now to check this out if you really want to. Looks insanely cool.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was asked if I wanted to do a prisoneremployee-swap for a site visit in Vegas, I might have to follow-up on that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Listening to the Atmos mix of Achtung Baby and it's pretty wild. Lots of parts that I didn't notice previously are brought to the fore and it's a way more interesting guitar and bass mix.

In case you didn't know, you can still listen to the mix (minus the surround panning) on an iPhone if you have regular headphones connected via the $9 dongle. It doesn't work via a regular Bluetooth connection.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Lovely cover version of 1 of my favorite songs. Edge is a great singer, too.