Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Meal Thread / Who's cooking? What are you eating?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

The Meal Thread / Who's cooking? What are you eating?

Here are some recent dinners my fiancé made. The cheese pastry dish is native to her Serbian background.

All very yummy. Sorry if some are the wrong way around - posting from my phone.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I made the egg platter!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Leftover thanksgiving turkey sandwich. Sorry no pic. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce. Yum,

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Like-Palm for no pic!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Mods can you merge this into the WAYE thread? Gracias.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just when you think there isn't a thread for something, there is!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It also gets the best of me, and I obsessively lurk here. And yes, merging both threads would be rather wonderful too.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But isn't COOKING different than eating?? We don't have a cooking thread, do we?
    Last edited by allegro; 12-02-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I made corn chili from leftover Thanksgiving turkey tonight.

Last edited by allegro; 12-02-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm jealous of your dutch oven

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I made fettuccine from scratch last night to go with homemade bolognese sauce I had in the fridge just because I felt like it... it was damn good.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Pasta with meat sauce

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    oh man!!! one of my friends just made me pasta from scratch. carbonara, no less. it was spectacular.
    brought some home to try and nudge the husband into looking for a pasta attachment now.
    my gods, that was amazing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I can officially make banana bread without following a recipe, fuck yeah I feel so smart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Veganism is potentially unhealthy and evolutionarily unnatural

It all has to do with B12, a vitamin that your body needs to function properly (DNA growth, brain, nervous system, energy).

Vitamin B12 is only found in animal products. Vegans know about this and to compensate, take B12 supplements or eat B12-fortified foods.

However, some people don't know about this fact, because many pro-vegan advocators don't mention this. And of course this is dangerous, because if someone doesn't educate herself/himself, she/he will go 100 percent vegan, neglecting to supplement their lack of B12 and thus severely damaging her/his health.

So, it is true people need to educate themselves, but vegans should also be responsible in letting the public know clearly that B12 needs to supplemented.

One final point. Humans were meant to eat animal products. If not, our systems would have evolved to get B12 in some other way.

Of course, now that B12 can be synthesized, we no longer need to eat animal products. But before 100 years ago, HUMANS HAD TO EAT ANIMAL PRODUCTS to grow and thrive in a natural way.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oooooh. I'm doing a keto diet right now, so I cook every day. Keto means high fat, low carb, moderate protein.

Cauliflower "potato" pancakes

Short rib with cabbage and mushrooms:

Cheese tortilla tacos:

Chili relleno with cauliflower rice:

Pizza!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    nabbed myself a whole duck off the discount shelf for £3!!! who says students have to live off ramen

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    nabbed myself a whole duck off the discount shelf for £3!!! who says students have to live off ramen
    My sous would be super jealous. Hell I am.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I'm doing the keto eating thing.... just started a couple days ago. i feel kind of strange.. like the front right part of my brain kind of spasms every couple hours. Loading up on avocadoes, cheese, butter, nuts and eggs. still taking in greens like broccoli and kale.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The chocolate has found me.

I used to eat 4 chocolate bars a day, a 2L of Pepsi or Coke, and a large bag of chips (usually Doritos or Ms. Vickie's). Then I made a firm commitment to change the fat shape I would see each time I looked in the mirror or down at my gut. For a good 3 years I ate healthier and did regulat exercise. I was in the best shape of my life.

But old habits can slowly creep back if you give in to temptation.... and give in to temptation I have: peanut M&M's, cookies from cafes and other desserts. I innocently enough started buying Apple Fritters from Tim Horton's because I was short on time. Then the daily popcorn came back... and that proved to be a gateway to Doritos. Then.... one evening with my girlfriend, I saw a sale: 4 Nestle brand chocolate bars for 4 dollars. I did it, gladly. Coffee Crisp, Aero, Wonderbar, and one other...I forget. I am not proud to say that I gobbled down a Share-size Crispy Crunch bar just a couple days ago. It was delicious.

Now we're entering the holiday season. My family loves to eat big and eat sweet. The muffin around my waist is going to continue to grow..... and I blame it on Trent for breaking his fucking promise. Just kidding, but the muffin will continue to grow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I attempted homemade veggie burger patties Sunday, my first ever attempt to make them. They came out a little too spicy but otherwise bland, and they don’t hold a patty shape very well at all when trying to eat them on a bun. Anyone have any homemade veggie burger/blackbean burger patty recipe you like and are willing to share? I’m not vegan, if that helps.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    a toasted bagel with heavy chive cream cheese and two slices of tomato with s&p. best breakfast ever.
    Last edited by kel; 06-24-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Sourdough Toast with avocado, cherry tomatos, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and salt. Nom nom nom.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    on a diet, my first ever. nothing too rigid, just portion control and minding how often/when i eat. have 50 pounds to lose with no serious time frame.

my typical lunch right now is a starkist tuna creations pouch (my favorite is lemon pepper) with a few club crackers. i absolutely love these things as they're around a buck per pouch, have a whopping 18 grams of protein and just 80 calories.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    my typical lunch right now is a starkist tuna creations pouch (my favorite is lemon pepper) with a few club crackers. i absolutely love these things as they're around a buck per pouch, have a whopping 18 grams of protein and just 80 calories.
    YES!!!! Those Starkist Tuna Creations are AWESOME!! They're good on salads, with crackers, or just straight out of the packet. I love the lemon pepper and the ranch. The salmon creations aren't bad, either.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    It's grapes season. Grapes all the way.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm going to have a stab at making Sushi this weekend (and if all goes well for lunch for the week)

I will post my results when i have, already thinking of fillings, Cucumber with Ho-sin sauce, Garlic Mushrooms, Chicken in black bean sauce. I've even thought of a seasonal Turkey with stuffing leftovers and Brussels sprouts in gravy opinions!