Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Pointless NIN Facts You Probably Already Know But Im Going To Tell You Anyways

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I thought it was Reeses Pieces he liked, not cups. lol. But I haven't read any NIN facts in several years.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I mean, there both very frantic, and in your face is what i ment

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Did you know: Trent Reznor wrote Black Bomb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Anyone who doesn't know that has obviously mistaken Paul Oakenfold for NIN.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You're doing a serious disservice to Josh Wink, at the very least make sure to clarify that he did some DJ noodling.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    You're doing a serious disservice to Josh Wink, at the very least make sure to clarify that he did some DJ noodling.

Hahaha it begins!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi @Dryalex12 just letting you know this bipolar NIN newbie enjoyed your post very much and did learn things I didn't know before :-)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Okay so this backfired alot......so im going to redo this, and actually put some proof and shit and stuff...so yeah

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    In that case, I guess they'd be anything but pointless. I'm all for it though, as I'm all for learning new things about NIN. They'd probably go in this thread though.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ds/226-ninwiki

Then again, I could also see how that wouldn't be the case if this thread can also be interpreted as the little things about NIN that don't necessarily belong in The NIN Wiki.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i want to see the original, goddamnit!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Pretty Hate/ Broken

Trent was originally going to sign to Network records.

"While we were even making that record, and it was me and Trent livin in a apartment in Cleveland...and um I remember just sitting on the floor and it was like, it was funny 'cause its the middle of the winter and there was only steam heat back then and you would have this giant radiator, and you couldn't control 'em , So it's -0 outside but we're in our underwear and it was like, cause like it's cause the radiator heat is just...you cant turn it off or down it just it was horrible and you wonder why we'd get the flue every year. - Chris Vrenna

The demo of Pretty Hate Machine, usually called Purist Feeling, was recorded back in 88, and contains the Regular version of "Down In It" http://www.nin.wiki/Down_in_It_%28song%29

"Down In It" that appears on PHM is the Skin remix.

The music video of "Down In It" was actually mistaken for a snuff video, after the camera that filmed the ending scene flew away from the balloon it was attached to it and landed in a farmers property

There is also a version that uses the Shred remix

The video of Head Like A Hole uses the the "Clay" Remix. There was also one that used the Copper remix that was used when Beavis & Butt-head watched the video. http://www.nin.wiki/Head_Like_A_Hole_%28song%29

Only the second half of the Sin video is featured on Closure, also uses the Short remix http://www.nin.wiki/Sin_%28song%29

"Kinda I Want To" Is Trent's least favorite song

*insert TVT feud here*

Trent decided that they could go fuck them self and went on to record Broken under a shit load of pseudonyms

Last wasn't played live until 2007 http://www.nin.wiki/2007/02/10_Lisbon,_Portugal

Pinion contains a reversed sample of "It's No Game" by David Bowie (Havnt found said part in the song though)

Trent also finds the Tate house and decides to put his studio there, Called it "Le Pigs" also making Trent the last person to live at the Tate House.

Trent and Chris had a haunted night one day

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Pinion contains a reversed sample of "It's No Game" by David Bowie (Havnt found said part in the song though)
    Ive never heard this before. Anybody know anything about this?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    The demo of Pretty Hate Machine, usually called Purist Feeling, was recorded back in 88
    Purest Feeling* is the only name it's known by, and it was November 88 to be exact
    The music video of "Down In It" was actually mistaken for a snuff video, after the camera that filmed the ending scene flew away from the balloon it was attached to it and landed in a farmers property
    Not quite, only that segment was thought to be from snuff, not the whole video

"Kinda I Want To" Is Trent's least favorite song
    He's said that about many songs, it's probably not true anymore (see: TPD, Everything)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    ninwiki is a wiki, don't believe everything on there, especially that samples page

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    well i dont think its that far of a stretch

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    besides, this is the same person who sampled Suddam Hussan's trial and a youtube video of kids in a bioshock cosplay....right?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I think i found it, listen closely during Part 1, you can hear the power chords that is used in pinion, its definitely true. also flipping the noise at the beginning also sounds alot like an undistorted pinion
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 12-27-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm not really sure if that sample even present in studio version, but one can very obviously hear it in any '94 live bootleg which has Pinion.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    well Broken is so distorted that maybe it is, you just cant tell

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    well Broken is so distorted that maybe it is, you just cant tell
    If your copy of Broken is distorted, get a new CD - it may be a cacophony, but it's pretty clear

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Fixed/TDS

This happened http://www.nincollector.com/archive/...mispressed.htm

Because of its really odd time signature, March of the Pigs has a BPM of 269.

"It's funny because i was just thinking about that were, we've gone to bed one night, we were working on what was closer, it was just the instrumentals at the time and then.....uuuuuuhm...like I just I knwo right where those drum samples came from, I know where they were stolen, I don't even remember all of them, i'm not even gonna say so don't ask (its night clubbing)...umm but uhmm, you know then he (trent) was working on some lyrics and stuff, then he came in the next morning and was like 'I got it' and sang the whole thing, and was just like 'Great took the most catchy song we had and you ruined it, cuz no one is ever gonna play I Want To Fuck You Like An Animal' and it's just thanks, and he goes 'I know, it be funny though'. Chris Vrenna

Well we know how much that worked out.

The video for March Of The Pigs, was actually sung live, also the first video with Robin Fink

Samples on TDS

Mr. Self Destruct

Closer: Nightclubbing - Iggy Pop

The Becoming

Reptile and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Downward Spiral: Some watery noise in the move Alien

TDS uses a recurring rift (ex the piano ending on closer) a number of times: Piggy, Heresy, Closer, TDS. (There is rumors that it can be heard on A Warm Place but Backwards)

"The Best Part Of Life Is Knowing You Put It Together" - Rumored lyrics to A Warm Place

Hurt seems to have a bad time live, people always fuck it up during that song, the only other one I can recall is Starfuckers (which can be heard at end of the In This Twilight Bootleg)

This is The only album where the songs remix's have been played live (Closer To God, Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now, the ending of All The Pigs, All Lined Up and the beginning of Reptilian)

Since the [WITH_TEETH] live shows, Trent has put parts of The Only Time after the second chorus of Closer, occasionally singing "This Is The Only Time I Really Feel Alive". Closer hasn't been played like the album since.

This marks the time where The Perfect Drug starts its long run of not being played live.

PHM, Broken and TDS are the only albums that have had all of there songs played live.

Mr. Self Destruct and Big Man With A Gun both have the same BPM (100)

Speaking of which, that weird ass sample at the beginning of the sound is a bunch of orgasmic women, eddied and distorted by Tommy Lee. He called it "Steakhouse" for some weird ass reason.

Trent Reznor was NOT on drugs while making TDS.....but he did shortly after..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    This marks the time where The Perfect Drug starts its long run of not being played live.
    Whilst true, it's not the oldest song to not have been played live (that honour belongs to Purest Feeling)

PHM, Broken and TDS are the only albums that have had all of there songs played live.
    Depends on your definition of live, if you count live rehearsals for which we have audio of, WT counts too

Trent Reznor was NOT on drugs while making TDS.....but he did shortly after..
    Citation needed, he was fond of booze and weed no doubt, and probably had had a fair amount of cocaine from the look of era videos

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I never said the oldest song, live as in, a actual live show, not on drugs while making the album, not at all.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It's not notable that TPD started its run of not being played live though, as many songs have not been played live

And citation he wasn't on drugs during the making? Like, not addicted, not in a bad way, sure. But not on drugs? Have you MET rock musicians?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    well its the most notable....and like ive said before, this is just fun, i feel liek your taking this reaaaaaaaaaaly seriously

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    well its the most notable....and like ive said before, this is just fun, i feel liek your taking this reaaaaaaaaaaly seriously
    34 Ghosts is grammy nominated and unplayed, that's pretty notable too - or how about the title track of AATCHB being unplayed?

And misinformation sucks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    JMJ said that it was rehearsed but never played, also its technically its on still and not AATCHB, also AATCHB comes from The Wretched, not from AATCHB....as far as I know

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    also regarding Pinion with It's No Game, I took a guitar part, played it 4 times, each changing the pitch a half step each time and i got this

https://soundcloud.com/alex-cochran-15/pinion-sample

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    JMJ said that it was rehearsed but never played, also its technically its on still and not AATCHB, also AATCHB comes from The Wretched, not from AATCHB....as far as I know
    Pretty sure my copy of AATCHB deluxe has AATCHB on.

And TPD was rehearsed too, hell I bet almost every unplayed NIN song has been rehearsed, probably only the Ghosts are the exemption.