Thread: Mouth Taped Shut treasure hunt

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mouth Taped Shut treasure hunt

New treasure trail http://whatishiddeninsnow.com/absolutezero
    Sydney, Aus

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah that one was too easy, had it solved within 30 seconds if it even going up...sigh, doubt they'll even bother with any Canadian cities.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Stockholm and Chicago...one of the big boxes too...will be interesting to see what it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's the Youtube link!

-Edit-
    Hot damn, this isn't much different from the Hard Copy's case on Down In It video. It's very well done!
    "I know, I know... it's more like Nine Inch Noise."
    Last edited by Maurish; 12-06-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I would wear the fuck out of that shirt. That's hilarious.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I would wear the fuck out of that shirt. That's hilarious.
    sexy is what that is... you can see lisbeth wearing it in the 8 minute trailer

here's the hard copy segment in mp4.... i didn't do anything to it except save it and make sure it works

MEGAUPLOAD
    RAPIDSHARE
    HOTFILE
    Last edited by Jon; 12-06-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I wish I could have kept up with this from the start. I feel so lost!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    -Edit-
    Hot damn, this isn't much different from the Hard Copy's case on Down In It video. It's very well done!
    "I know, I know... it's more like Nine Inch Noise."
    "This is Trent Reznor, a man with a flair for wearing jewelry, in his nose. And a total disregard for what police have to go through every day of their lives"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I wish I could have kept up with this from the start. I feel so lost!
    Mentorless has been following the treasure hunt since the beginning, she posts a nice summary explaining clues and how the items are located. First clue here

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    Mentorless has been following the treasure hunt since the beginning, she posts a nice summary explaining clues and how the items are located. First clue here
    Thanks for this! Going to go catch up now that I have some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been following this since the beginning and have been hoping for a Detroit drop. Yesterday was close with Chicago, but with only 9 left it's starting to make me anxious. I'd rather have a prop than a flower, but I think a flower would be pretty damn cool.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd definitely want a flower, and today's clue from about 20 min. ago is Kansas City. Sigh, I assume Vancouver is still not going to be a city. Damn.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Sadly, the Philly drop happened when I was in the middle of a crit, and was found by the time class was over. I COULD HAVE HOPPED ON THE FUCKING TROLLEY AND GOTTEN IT!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think the closest one to me...which was already found...was in Tampa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woke up this morning with a wicked migraine and felt really ill. Decided today would be the day they have a drop here, and that if that were indeed the case, I'd tough it out and go to the location anyhow. My phone notifies me when MTS posts, and after following the attempts to decipher the clue (and attempting myself a bit in my head), the page was revealed. The coordinates were definitely in Michigan so i jumped out of bed and got dressed, as I walked out the door I checked the address....GRAND RAPIDS. Fuck. FUCK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I'd definitely want a flower, and today's clue from about 20 min. ago is Kansas City. Sigh, I assume Vancouver is still not going to be a city. Damn.

Vancouver Dude!! Go get it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fucking. Got it. Driving home now. brb

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Fucking. Got it. Driving home now. brb
    Congrats! It's quite the rush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just posted on the Mouth Taped Shut twitter:
    disaffect, separate, estranged, cleave, bisect, slaughter, secluded, isolated

and the answer is detached

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow. I had hoped they would drop one of these here but it's mostly been the U.S. and I was so afraid I'd be stuck at work when they did, if they did at all. So it's a day off from work, got up a bit before 10am (mostly to check the Dark Knight Rises OperationEarlyBird page...I know) and @MouthTapedShut drops another clue. I've managed to crack a few so I checked out the pic it linked to....age...license plate, I check back on the TDKR page, it's down of course...I chuckle and refresh Twitter and the first new tweet says 'Vancouver, BC'...I don't even think. Within 20 seconds I have the nearest hoodie and pair of jeans on. Run back to the computer, and see '/ageless'. I type in the URL and it points to Main St.....easily a 20-25 min drive away but I don't even think twice. The nutcracker picture looks familiar too. I enter it in my iPhone and run for the door.

I scream to my car, scream out on to the street and am frantically thinking which way's the fastest way there. I speed up and after a few blocks it dawns on me. 'That's the wooden nutcracker statue I saw while at a red light a few weeks back outside an antique store.' My heart sinks as it's probably been there a while and someone else surely knows it too. Of course, the traffic decides to be excruciatingly slow but I get to the street within 15 minutes (thankfully never crossed the path of any police as I was a healthy amount over the speed limit many times...having the OST for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo playing only made me more tense) and I park a block away. I run to the next street and see a couple in all black around the store. I feel gut punched. They're smiling and return to their SUV and pull away as I cross the street to the store. I figure they found the note and it had directions where to go and I'm hooped. I check Twitter to see if any 'FOUND' tweets have dropped...nothing. So I run up to the statue and check it's arms, behind it...frantic. After 20 seconds a lady comes out of the store (not a rep, one of the owners) and asks if I'm interested in the statue. 'Very.' She asks if I'm there for a reason, I reply 'Looking for something...' She says 'Look harder.' and my eyes go wide. 'Maybe...under it?' I tilt the statue and freak out when I see the note inside.

She lets me in and says 'now you just have to find a large French cabinet.' I say 'oh yeah.' as the place is FILLED with them. One stands out, it's huge and the main cabinet door is slightly open. I open it and see the envelope and a huge smile hits me. 'Congratulations. They said anytime after 10am to expect someone, didn't think it'd be so soon.' She pulls out a camera and says that it was mailed to her with explicit instructions, she takes a few pics of me like they told her to, says congratulations again. I say 'Thank you so much.' and walk out to my car. I take a pic of it on my car seat, and as I pull out and drive past the store, I see two people run full speed up to the nutcracker statue. Just in time.

Shout out to @antovolk @mentorless @Star_Nubalo @bgalbraith @thehighroller5 and a few others that I've seen helping everyone...they're all crazy...I think they had every puzzle solved within like two minutes. Cheers to everyone!
    Last edited by october_midnight; 12-09-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That's really awesome, OM! Congrats!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Great story, told with great pics. Glad it happened to someone who clearly appreciated the experience and the art. Extremely jealous. The one in my city was not far from me but I was not on the ball that day despite being off work sadly.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    41.93824, -87.76134

Chicago, Jade Dragon Tattoo.

I can't get there because I'm dog-sitting in Northfield.

God. Fucking. Damnit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I run to the next street and see a couple in all black around the store.
    It's funny that two people dressed in all black made you think your chances went out the window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great story OM!

The Chicago one was found by the person who got Lisbeth's shirt. Talk about lucky!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    It's funny that two people dressed in all black made you think your chances went out the window.
    Haha it totally did. I see a grinning couple get in to a vehicle, all in black, guy's got a band shirt on...thought I was S.O.L.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Haha it totally did. I see a grinning couple get in to a vehicle, all in black, guy's got a band shirt on...thought I was S.O.L.
    that is an amazingly awesome story! like others have said, i'm glad this happened to someone on this board/someone who appreciates the whole arg campaign.

and that's twice now they've done a chicago drop right after i've been there/when i'm supposed to be there. i was supposed to go to the hard x mouthtapedshut event tonight but my mother got her biopsy results back, and it's not good.

anywho, congrats again!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Flower 1 is back up for grabs since no one got it! www.whatishiddeninsnow.com/first

Appears to be scrambled names of the soundtrack.