Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: BioShock

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Ugh, rather not do that. Looks like I'll do new game + and try on a harder difficulty, though that'll make the Handyman achievement I'm going for more difficult.

This game is amazingly wonderful but the save system, chapter select and overall scope of progress in your game is really terribly done.
    ...there isn't a new game plus.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    ...there isn't a new game plus.
    There wasn't? I never really looked to begin with and I assume there was as games previous had. Bummer.

I don't know what to do now, guess I'll just reload the checkpoint from a long ass time ago. As long as I can access any other area in the game at any time in chapter select i'll be ok.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The first game had it. Not sure if the 360 version has it, ps3 does. The second game didn't have it either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ugh, rather not do that. Looks like I'll do new game + and try on a harder difficulty, though that'll make the Handyman achievement I'm going for more difficult.

This game is amazingly wonderful but the save system, chapter select and overall scope of progress in your game is really terribly done.
    Yeah, the save system sucks. The number/quantity achievements are cumulative between game sessions, so that helps a bit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Yeah, the save system sucks. The number/quantity achievements are cumulative between game sessions, so that helps a bit.
    Mainly was going to try and do Handyman one but thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    No problem! Out of all the achievements, that's probably the one I won't be able to get. :\

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    No problem! Out of all the achievements, that's probably the one I won't be able to get. :\
    Fully maxed carbine and the sniper rifle will be your best friend. I know I can do it, will just take practice and patience.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Fully maxed carbine and the sniper rifle will be your best friend. I know I can do it, will just take practice and patience.
    Woo! Just did it tonight. Maxed carbine and shock on the third level of Comstock's ship worked. The gun turret I had activated probably helped out a bit too.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I realize I'm late to this one, but there's a pretty easy exploit to get the Handyman heart trophy/achievement
    just do it when you first encounter the handyman (while leaving the Chen weapon place the second time)... Elizabeth will yell out "oh no there's a handyman!" or something like that.... at that point, just run (northeast?) towards the hook/crate things. Hook up, run along, and lead the handyman towards you. Then jump onto the crates in the far corner. The handyman will stand there in front of the crates, occassionally lunging at you, but mostly just standing there. Just point your sniper rifle at his heart and you're fine

EDIT: THis guy posted helpful video
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-24-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    25 Mindblowing Things From BioShock Infinite

Some I noticed myself, some have been discussed...some are pretty fascinating reads (i.e. #13). Complete with tons of links and theories. I get the feeling this game will have things that people will still be finding for a long time to come...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Says nothing of a release date. And most of that seems more speculative than fact.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

It's a game based in a FICTIONAL and over the top city (that floats in the sky) in the year of 1912. Over a hundred years ago. Which, mind you, was very racist. The religious aspects in the game are highly exaggerated.

But how noble of someone to criticise a fictional video game for portraying a religion from a particular time period. Racism and slavery must not be that big of a deal...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On the other side of the coin we have people of colour complaining that it's too anti-black, that the racism portrayed in the game was over-the-top and unnecessary. So basically anyone who wants to hate something will always find something to hate.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Those were dark time (although not really?). Depends on perspective I guess. There was a lot of racism in the early to mid 1900s. So, even though the racism in Columbia was a bit over the top, it was at least pretty accurate to the mindset of the time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    So when the hell is the DLC coming out? I bought the "season pass" with the game, and still there's no word on the DLC.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I was under the impression that it was going to be awhile... I certainly hope not too long though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Great short film...loved it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I'm ready for DLC.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The screwed up part is apparently the studio hadn't even started working on the DLC expansions until after the game already shipped. There's still no word on when the DLC is projected to release.

They should really start giving the people who bought the Season Pass a refund.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The screwed up part is apparently the studio hadn't even started working on the DLC expansions until after the game already shipped. There's still no word on when the DLC is projected to release.

They should really start giving the people who bought the Season Pass a refund.
    Refund? I don't think so. The disclaimer said all DLC out by 2014. Until they break that rule it's fair game.

I'm not attacking you but people complain openly about DLC when it's made/completed made before the game comes out and now you're going on about it not even being thought of until after it came out. I'm fine with that. Better to hold us off to enjoy the game even long after it's been out as opposed to a game churning out 2 DLC packs 2 months after it comes out and then you're done with revisiting and playtime.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm not making an argument in favor of rushing the DLC. I also never said I had a problem with them working on it on the side while they prep the game for shipping, so you can't align me with that argument.

I think if you're going to sell a "season pass," you should have SOMETHING completed, and something outside of a vague promise that it should be out by March next year. It feels a bit strange to pay twenty dollars in advance (for digital content) and not see anything for it two months later... not even vague details or a general release window.

WIth other season passes I've bought, you get updates and details. This one feels more like I contributed to a kickstarter campaign.

Borderlands 2 has done this thing right. The first DLC came out almost exactly a month after the game launched, and it was huge.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-16-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Isn't the point of these passes to basically stop you trading in the game so other people have to buy it new? Not justifying it in any way. I never buy them after I got burned by buying the LA Noire one then realising the game wasn't that great.
    Even the Borderlands 2 one seems kinda dodgy now they are releasing more DLC that isn't part of the pass.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Which would you rather? Buy the dlc separately, or buy the season pass and get all of the dlc you likely plan on buying anyway, at a discounted price? I think it's just a thing for them to get a solid profit ahead of time instead of a few bucks here and there. That's my guess anyway.

Plus, if the DLC ends up being amazing and actually feels like you got your money's worth, I'm all for it. It does suck that we have to wait until who knows how long to even get the first piece of dlc. Bad move on their part. But it could very well be a ploy to decrease trade ins. Very possible.
    Last edited by Piko; 05-18-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Personally, they could even spend a year working on some good DLC and I have no doubt it'd be some primo content. Whatever's taking them so long, they've proven that when they take their time on something, it shows in the finished product.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thankfully they're a big enough studio (backed by an even bigger studio that hosts multiple big-name studios) that they're not going to go bankrupt before they can pull through on the promise of DLC. Hopefully, anyway. Every time I see a season pass I always think back to Heavy Rain and how they were promising a series of DLC only to decide they were going to put time into another game entirely. I know there was no season pass or anything there, but whenever I buy a season pass I live in hope that something like that (or the bankrupting of a studio) doesn't happen. When it's big names and massive franchises, at least we can be relatively sure we're not going to be burnt in the sense that the DLC will never arrive. Might turn out to be terrible, sure, but it'll come. Eventually.

I've been a little disappointed by BioShock DLC in the past so a part of me is happy enough to wait and buy the first one to make sure it's actually enjoyable, rather than committing to a season pass. At least with Borderlands, they didn't disappoint with DLC the first time around so it was a relatively sure thing that the DLC for 2 was going to knock our socks off.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Every time I see a season pass I always think back to Heavy Rain and how they were promising a series of DLC only to decide they were going to put time into another game entirely.
    Not even a new game, they canceled the episodes to focus on the move patch/edition. Which frankly sucked, the extra episode was really really good, even if it was a little out of place with the rest of the game.
    Remember Sin Episodes? Yeah.. that never panned out either..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Not even a new game, they canceled the episodes to focus on the move patch/edition. Which frankly sucked, the extra episode was really really good, even if it was a little out of place with the rest of the game.
    Remember Sin Episodes? Yeah.. that never panned out either..
    I was pretty pissed off about that. And if it did have a season pass, there would've been a great deal of outrage.

That won't be the case with Infinite though. Also, Minerva's Den was awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm contemplating long and hard replaying the game but really detest the Chapter select/save system and my weaponry/vigor upgrades situation. I'm torn. It sucks.

I should beat the BioShock 2 DLC sometime soon as well since I got it not too long ago from the Ultimate Rapture Edition.

I can't wait for Infinite DLC.