Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
Results 511 to 521 of 521

Thread: Nine Inch Nails make the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame shortlist

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,434
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    You shut your filthy mouth good sir! The Sign/Happy Nation is amazing and was ahead of its time!
    ace of base - great music made by some terrible people http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-90s-...sm-to-america/

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ace of base - great music made by some terrible people http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-90s-...sm-to-america/
    To be fair, only one member of the band had some ties to Nazi shit. Which he seems pretty ashamed and apologetic for. I think buzzfeed was reaching a bit to make a story about Ace Of Base being a secret Nazi project.

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    To be fair, only one member of the band had some ties to Nazi shit. Which he seems pretty ashamed and apologetic for. I think buzzfeed was reaching a bit to make a story about Ace Of Base being a secret Nazi project.
    Weren't they all (or most of the band) in the same family though? That being said, I have to take much of that article with a grain of salt. It's not like they were hiding direct subliminal messages in their music, even if that article is trying to suggest otherwise.

    The Sign was a great album, and I even liked much of The Bridge haha. Totallll guilty pleasure of mine in the 90s, but they will never be a R&R HOF nomination.

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,673
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wow, an article stretching the truth thin for the sake of attention. On the internet. Will wonders never cease.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    983
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You guys realize what Cracked magazine is right?

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,434
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    You guys realize what Cracked magazine is right?
    i guess i should have used the emoji when i posted it before hahaha

    sorry everyone, i love ace of base. i was just trying to present something weird and humorous.

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    You guys realize what Cracked magazine is right?
    LOL clearly not. I'm not really sure the humor in painting people out to be neo-Nazis, but that's just me.

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    http://unmetal.bigcartel.com/product/the-sign

    Proud to say I badgered them into making this shirt ;D

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,673
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, The Cars, Nina Simone, and Sister Rosetta Tharpe make up the 2018 class. Both Dire Straits and The Moodies' going in outweigh any indignation I might have about Bon Jovi going in over Judas Priest. More importantly to me, between this and the last class it seems to me they are realizing that there are still lots of 60's and 70's acts they haven't recognized yet and are making up for lost time.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,121
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, The Cars, Nina Simone, and Sister Rosetta Tharpe make up the 2018 class. Both Dire Straits and The Moodies' going in outweigh any indignation I might have about Bon Jovi going in over Judas Priest. More importantly to me, between this and the last class it seems to me they are realizing that there are still lots of 60's and 70's acts they haven't recognized yet and are making up for lost time.
    Very nice to see Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Nina Simone on that list. I can thank my mom for introducing me to Nina Simone (and Bill Evans for that matter).

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,728
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    I'm just happy that FINALLY..... the Moody Blues are in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. I'm also glad that Nina Simone and the Cars are in. Never really got into Dire Straits while Bon Jovi is just a corporate rock band that is more about business than music. No wonder Ritchie Sambora left.

Posting Permissions