Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    which queen was it that had the adorably goofy laugh? i was cracking up at that shit.

as for spoiler tags, there don't seem to be a ton of us who come in here to discuss the show, and i wait until i've watched the episode to do so. so i say fuck it.

also, this is everything right now - http://www.newnownext.com/blair-st-c...-race/04/2018/

p.s. apparently the yodeling kid played at fucking coachella? wut?
    I know. Coachella has jumped the shark.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I know. Coachella has jumped the shark.
    Some DJ named Whethan brought him out as a guest, he wasn't like booked as a performer or anything. But yeah, it's mostly hip hop and bro fist edm crap now. Most bands with guitars didn't have a good attendance, including St. Vincent. It's not their fault that even when they do book worthwhile acts no one bothers to watch.

What a gross episode last night, btw. The Vixen is clearly only sticking around for the sake of drama. Should've surely been bottom two, if not immediately sent home for the incredibly mean-spirited, unfunny "parody" impression trainwreck of the main challenge. The lip sync winner resorted to every single gimmick imaginable (fucking air guitar?) and somehow won. Why is Kameron even still around? Meh, this season.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the vixen is just too salty for me, but you can tell the producers live for her. i really wanted to see her in the bottom last night.

ugh, the fucking air guitar again! aside from that cringiness, monet still did better than mayhem. i really fucking hate it when they choose a country song, regardless of the guest judge.

kameron has some great runway looks, which is weird because her work room entrance look in the premier was so lackluster.

i still love this season. there were no flat liners in the maxi challenge. and i'm so proud of eureka. she deserved that win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I love that Miss Vaaanjie is still the meme of the season after five episodes

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    the vixen is just too salty for me, but you can tell the producers live for her. i really wanted to see her in the bottom last night.

ugh, the fucking air guitar again! aside from that cringiness, monet still did better than mayhem. i really fucking hate it when they choose a country song, regardless of the guest judge.

kameron has some great runway looks, which is weird because her work room entrance look in the premier was so lackluster.

i still love this season. there were no flat liners in the maxi challenge. and i'm so proud of eureka. she deserved that win.
    eh, i think miz cracker should have won. she fucking turned it out in the maxi challenge and on the runway. eureka's runway look was...idunno i just didn't like it? the hair was great, though. i also think miz cracker should have won last week so :: shrug :: i'm not sure what the judges aren't seeing. and i hated her in the first episode, but now she's my fav.

monet's lip sync was all gimmicks and gags and none of them had me gagging, they all just made me feel awkward and uncomfortable. i'm gonna miss mayhem because i actually really like nice queens, and mayhem is a sweetheart.

also, kameron in the maxi challenge was amazing. she was so fucking funny. and she saved that team because WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE CAKE DELIVERY SERVICE??? that joke went NOWHERE.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i love miz cracker. she's whip smart.

the talent on display this season is undeniable.

i'll miss mayhem and it's a shame that she left so early. i know the expectations for her were sky high.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i love miz cracker. she's whip smart.

the talent on display this season is undeniable.

i'll miss mayhem and it's a shame that she left so early. i know the expectations for her were sky high.
    miz cracker reminds me a lot of myself (except way funnier).

"i'm not just dressed like a pickle...i am a pickle."

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    man, tonight's elimination was rough. blair was just starting to rev up and i began to like her so much. i think her problem in the lip sync was delivery -- "i'm coming out" is a celebration, not the aggressive, almost serious spin she put on it. and shame on her for not knowing all the words. it's i'm coming out, fer fuck's sake.
    Last edited by kel; 04-26-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    fucking FINALLY. hey, vixen: ask roxxxy and tyra how being an insufferable cunt on the show worked out for them.

good goddamn riddance.

um ... KAMERON! come thruuuuu! she slayed the challenge, and (holy shit) looked GORGEOUS on the runway. so glad to see her shine.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^didn't tyra win, though? lol

I swear I was gonna lose my shit if Vixen was gonna win yet another lip synch. I just wish Eureka could've been the one to send her packing. So very happy for Kameron as well.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    ^didn't tyra win, though? lol
    yup, yet no one likes her, she's a terrible person, can't book decent gigs, and is banned from dragcon.

you can turn that kind of attention into $$$, but she hasn't. and can't at this point.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    yup, yet no one likes her, she's a terrible person, can't book decent gigs, and is banned from dragcon.

you can turn that kind of attention into $$$, but she hasn't. and can't at this point.
    oh shit! lol, I had no idea about dragcon. That's actually hilarious.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    she's allegedly couch surfing and working in an amazon warehouse. there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. making an honest living is always commendable, but for drag race elum, esp. a winner ... i don't know, says a lot.

i was never team tyra. hated her, actually. but i wasn't team raven, either -- i was team fucking jujubee.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    best. makeover. challenge. EVER! this episode is the best in ages. super fun mini-challenge. totally deseved win (miz cookie -- gurl, you felt yourself so much and, fuck, that paint job! astounding).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    best. makeover. challenge. EVER! this episode is the best in ages. super fun mini-challenge. totally deseved win (miz cookie -- gurl, you felt yourself so much and, fuck, that paint job! astounding).
    about fucking time for that win!

i didn't know who ANY of those dudes were except tyler oakley (who i like a lot). but seriously, miz cookie was amazing.

i just...i really want aquaria gone. she should have been lip syncing. eff her bad attitude and her repeated misunderstanding of challenges.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tyler Oakley was at my station last year for an in-studio interview and that's literally the only reason I knew of him. I wasn't familiar with any of the other guests on the episode, but I legit thought Frankie Grande was Cynthia Lee Fontaine when he walked out lol

Agreed on Aquaria.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tyler Oakley was at my station last year for an in-studio interview and that's literally the only reason I knew of him. I wasn't familiar with any of the other guests on the episode, but I legit thought Frankie Grande was Cynthia Lee Fontaine when he walked out lol

Agreed on Aquaria.
    In drag, Frankie looks like Cynthia Lee Fontaine with Bianca Del Rio makeup and a mini hair loaf on his head, but he’s feeling the fantasy and playing along with Eureka’s story of two drag sisters on the ’90s pageant circuit.
    source

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    lizzo was the best guest judge ever. there was another, some boring dude, who was barely even shown.

i would love to see aquaria lip sync.
    Last edited by kel; 05-27-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    lizzo was the best guest judge ever. there was another, some boring dude, who was barely even shown.

i would love to see aquaria lip sync.
    that guy was so boring. and also, he's from that show "13 reasons why" that i fucking can't even stand the existence of and wish hadn't been made (as a survivor of an attempted suicide).

i don't want to see aquaria lip sync, i just want to see her go home

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Miz Cookie's first look into the mirror ("Mother! I am beautiful!") with Cracker being SO happy was by far the best moment of the episode!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
    Miz Cookie's first look into the mirror ("Mother! I am beautiful!") with Cracker being SO happy was by far the best moment of the episode!
    i gasped SO LOUD and started crying a little bit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have to say that was down there among the worst episodes I've ever seen of RPDR last night

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I have to say that was down there among the worst episodes I've ever seen of RPDR last night
    oh no. i was really looking forward to watching tonight after no new episode last week. now i'm sad guess i'll let you know how bad i think it is after.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh no. i was really looking forward to watching tonight after no new episode last week. now i'm sad guess i'll let you know how bad i think it is after.
    Seriously, prepare for the worst. It'll make it easier to stomach. The concept, the judges, the results, it's all bad.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i didn't think it was that bad. the elimination made me sad, but kameron won fair-and-square. cracker didn't disappoint me, though. say what you will about season 10, but you gotta admit the lip syncs have been mostly fantastic. i hadn't heard that vanity 6 song in decades (you bet your ass i listened to it a few times after the show). and, sigh ... aquaria deserved last night's win.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Spoilers - I feel like the bottom two had no place actually being in the bottom two. Eureka should've been in it for sure, along with Asia. Agreed on Aquaria. Her early season attitude aside, I feel like she's a strong and solid competitor. I wouldn't be surprised (or even opposed to) her winning the whole thing but it really seems like Eureka or Asia are being primed for it. I just had to roll my eyes at Kameron going on about how she feels like she deserves to still be in the competition. Girl, no. You've been in the bottom two for three entire episodes in a row, so slaying lip syncs is about all you're excelling at. Apparently Coco Montrese is the only other queen to win 3 lip syncs in a season? And at least hers weren't even consecutive.

Speaking of eye rolling, I just could. not. with the whole pretending two characters are in the same room thing. And the good twins watching bad twins from backstage. I can totally get on board with personifying your saboteur (Sabotwah? Kameron did make a funny there lmao), but the way it was presented wasn't even campy, it was just corny. I felt embarrassed for myself watching. Watching Lena Dunham hang out with the queens on Untucked was the highlight for me because I was just thinking that she wanted to be as far away from that judges panel as possible.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    agreed about eureka and asia -- but i think this is going to be the season of the big girl. and it's overdue. and that stat aside, she's impressed me so much with her consistency. and the way she handled the vixen's constant nastiness, with nothing but grace and class, said so fucking much about her. i'm excited to see the video shoot next week, but as of now eureka deserves it as much as anyone.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Whaaaaaat, why Asia?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd be happy with Asia or Aquaria or Eureka winning, all of them for different reasons, obviously. But am I correct in assuming that they're switching back to a top 3 finale format instead of the semifinal elimination concept of season 9? So there's one more "standard" episode and then the finale?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    here are my probably slightly controversial opinions

- that mini challenge was hilarious, and i love cheyenne jackson
    - cracker should not have been in the bottom
    - aquaria's "good twin" look was awful and so was her narration
    - eureka's "good twin" look, while a solid reference, was a mess
    - kameron should have gone home because it was her third time in the bottom
    - asia should have won, both of her looks were solid, and her concept & narration were the best

i'm really, really disappointed with how that episode turned out. i don't think aquaria is a solid competitor, i think she gets lucky sometimes. i have despised 90% of what she's done on the season and i hate her attitude.