Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Inherent Vice

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Inherent Vice

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I have to say when i saw the poster i got a bit more excited for something completely different in my mind and the trailer was kind of a let down in that regard.

Still looks good though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The trailer is fucking bonkers. I still wanna go see it and I'm glad it featured a glimpse of my darling Jena.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This looks amazing. As much as I love PTA's last three films, I never thought I'd ever see him return to the Boogie Nights/Magnolia level of Ensemble type films. And I'm so stupid excited about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ha! Looks great. PTA is one on the greatest living directors. The trailer kinda gives me Big Lebowski vibe. I'm psyched.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was not expecting that trailer to be so funny and absurd, but that's definitely not a bad thing! Of course this looks awesome, and will be no doubt awesome.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    When I heard that PTA is making the movie I immediately bought the book. Finished it a week ago and from what I saw in the trailer PTA got the vibe of the book totally right. The actors are really, really close to what I imagined them to be like while reading the book.

Can`t wait for it!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    New Radiohead song "Spooks" will be featured in the film.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    New Radiohead song "Spooks" will be featured in the film.
    Jena Malone and a new Radiohead song in the film.... Please, pull the film to an earlier date in December. December 5 more preferably as it's my b-day. To see Jena on my B-day would be fucking great.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to this. To me, PTA has a perfect record. I've loved or liked all of his films.

And yeah, its nice seeing Jena Malone in this. Always dug her.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Really looking forward to this. To me, PTA has a perfect record. I've loved or liked all of his films.

And yeah, its nice seeing Jena Malone in this. Always dug her.
    You dig Jena... I love you.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This looks like it will be a riot. I'm gonna have to do my best not to forget about it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So did anyone else see this? I watched it last night and don't think I've ever been more lost while watching a movie. I honestly couldn't tell you what it was about.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    After reading the book and being a huge fan of PTA I was really looking forward to this. Unfortunately it was a huge disappointment, so many parts of the books are missing, its just too long for what it shows and doesnt make any sense.

Like the @imail724 said you cannot tell what its about if you havent read the book. And if you have you feel disappointed because you know how much better the movie could have been.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So did anyone else see this? I watched it last night and don't think I've ever been more lost while watching a movie. I honestly couldn't tell you what it was about.
    I saw last Sunday morning. I need to rewatch it as it's definitely a very odd and weird film but I certainly enjoyed it. Here's my review: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2015/0...rent-vice.html

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I disagree about not understanding it without reading the book. I haven't read the book but followed the movie fine. I definitely want to see it again either before or after reading the book. So many of PTA's films require multiple viewings to fully enjoy.