Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Script pages from the prologue have leaked now too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by Pemulis; 12-17-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    after seeing the prologue the second trailer didn't do much for me, but Hardy seems to put on an excellent Bane from what we could see already.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Deshay deshay, basara basara
    deshay deshay, basara basara

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm only hearing deshay once.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    I'm only hearing deshay once.
    If you go to my first post and click on the link that takes you to the audi recording sessions that you can do for the score, the chant will say "DESHAY DESHAY BASARA BASARA." It starts off slow and then picks up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    If you go to my first post and click on the link that takes you to the audi recording sessions that you can do for the score, the chant will say "DESHAY DESHAY BASARA BASARA." It starts off slow and then picks up.
    Does "Deshay basara" means something?
    I googled it but couldn't find anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    Does "Deshay basara" means something?
    I googled it but couldn't find anything
    Bruce asks that in the trailer and some guy replies, "rise."

Just got back from Ghost Protocol and I must say I am really excited after seeing the prologue. I hope they adjust something about Bane's voice so he's more understandable in the full film. I got the gist of what was going on, but I certainly didn't understand everything he said.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I watched the bootleg prologue, since it's not playing in Kansas City (it blew my godamn mind), and it definitely was hard as shit to understand Bane, but I feel like if it weren't for Tom Hardy's weird accent he gives the character, he'd be a lot easier to understand.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I could actually understand Bane, so I don't know why everyone's struggling with it.... I watched it on a crappy bootleg btw.

I just saw the second trailer and it left me feeling better than the prologue did. I like the way Hathaway seems to be running the catwoman gig.

Just one things Spoiler: Why would they blow up the middle of the football field, and not the stands where most of the people are? Cool special effect though.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 12-18-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: the word "trailer" came out really wierd

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Just one things Spoiler: Why would they blow up the middle of the football field, and not the stands where most of the people are? Cool special effect though.
    Because Spoiler: Bane does it to send a message, and after he blows the field up, him and his cronies come out and he makes a big speech to everyone at the game, and presumably everyone watching at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ohfuck, ohfuck, ohfuck, ohfuck, ohfuck, ohfuck, ohfuck, ohfuck...I just watched the second trailer, Ican't wait to see this.

The prologue was cool but I thought the "Legend" shirt was terrible. The "End" one is so much cool, I wish we got that one. We also got our tickets for the 12:01 AM IMAX showing for July 20th. So pumped.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Haven't seen it. Won't track it down, guess I'll just be surprised when an actual trailer surfaces in wide speculation. I still find it hard in my eyes to see Anna Hathway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman though, not going to lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could actually understand Bane, so I don't know why everyone's struggling with it.... I watched it on a crappy bootleg btw.
    It might have to do with the booming sound system that IMAX theaters have. There was a LOT of airplane noise going on when he was talking.

Not knowing anything about the plot of the movie, I'd guess it has to do with tearing down the idea of hero worship. You could look at pro sports, and football in particular, as a today's version of gladiators. Some people are rooting for one side and some are rooting for the other, but either way they have devoted themselves to one side in hoping that the other fails. It isn't as prominent in the USA, but fans can get very violent over sports events. I could be very wrong, but that is what I took from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    It might have to do with the booming sound system that IMAX theaters have. There was a LOT of airplane noise going on when he was talking.

Not knowing anything about the plot of the movie, I'd guess it has to do with tearing down the idea of hero worship. You could look at pro sports, and football in particular, as a today's version of gladiators. Some people are rooting for one side and some are rooting for the other, but either way they have devoted themselves to one side in hoping that the other fails. It isn't as prominent in the USA, but fans can get very violent over sports events. I could be very wrong, but that is what I took from it.
    Also, sports are all about spectacle, and in football's case, violence. I think forcing people to witness a truly violent spectacle in place of the abstract, commercially viable version they were enjoying is amusing. Which plays into the idea of the people of Gotham being insulated from the dark reality of their city and Bane confronting them with it.

Either way, the point of blowing up the field is getting people's attention not mass murder or wanton destruction. Bane isn't the Joker, he seems to have an agenda and is a charismatic leader as opposed to an agent of chaos with allegiance to nothing and no one. From what we've been shown of him, he seems to be shaping up to be every bit as interesting a villain as the Joker but in very different ways. I have the utmost faith in Tom Hardy just as I did in Heath Ledger and I'm sure we're all going to be in for quite a ride next year.
    Last edited by Pemulis; 12-18-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Haven't seen it. Won't track it down, guess I'll just be surprised when an actual trailer surfaces in wide speculation. I still find it hard in my eyes to see Anna Hathway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman though, not going to lie.
    In my opinion, she really steals the trailer. She should be a really important character, so i really hope they ise her heavily. Hathaway brings this creepy sense of purppse to catwoman, even if the writing lacks subtlety.

But im still skeptical on bane who seems tp be playing a part meant for or interchangeable with the joker.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I think Bane is going to be amazing. It seems as though they've taken the best parts of Bane and used them for this version of the character, while leaving out the unnecessary clip-ons, namely Venom. I like that instead of being fueled with both precision and having his strength enhanced with a chemical, he's fueled by pain and rage, yet is still very precise with his actions. I like the mask and I like how it works, but I mostly love the fact that he truly feels like a MAJOR threat to Batman and that he'll actually bring upon the destruction of Gotham City.

As far as Bane playing the part meant for The Joker - The Joke relied on fear and paranoia. When it was all sad and done, The Joker only killed a handful of people. Bane wiped out roughly 200 people in one fell swoop (minus Hines Ward), and that's just in the trailer. Nolan's Joker wasn't this outright. His Bane is. I truly feel like this movie will either end with a sacrifice with Batman, or a truly great victory. Either way, this movie has me excited and terrified to see what happens. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In my opinion, she really steals the trailer.
    Yeah, I have a feeling Space Suicide will be changing his tune once he sees the trailer. In what little time you see her she really has a commanding presence.

But im still skeptical on bane who seems tp be playing a part meant for or interchangeable with the joker.
    Totally disagree with this, especially after watching the Prologue. They're both very smart and capable enemies, but Bane is all about physicality and charismatic leadership whereas The Joker relied more on his wits and was a loner whose goons mostly seemed to work for him out of fear.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    What would people think if instead of addressing people's concerns about Bane's clarity and audio levels, they just dubbed his lines in subtitles? That might be the easiest, most sensible solution to the problem. I never had any huge issues, and while I always got the relatively meaning of what he was saying, there were definitely a few lines I couldn't exactly decipher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure Bane's voice is one of the many complex layers of the movie that will reward repeat viewing.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Since when has Bane been about Charisma and leadership? (That was partially a legitimate question, since I haven't read many comics with him in it) Charisma is definatly Joker's department I'd think... and of all Batman villains Bane seem' the least likely to have thugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since when has Bane been about Charisma and leadership? (That was partially a legitimate question, since I haven't read many comics with him in it) Charisma is definatly Joker's department I'd think... and of all Batman villains Bane seem' the least likely to have thugs.
    This Bane isn't really anything at all like the one in the comics. Have you not seen the Prologue? One of Bane's men gives his life with a smile on his face for his leader and their cause.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Bane had three captains working with him in Knightfall, the story where Bane became much more prominent with Batman and made his big play to break him (Hint: He succeeded). Those three captains were the last three to wear down Batman before Bane confronted him in Wayne Manor (where he broke Batman's back). Those three captains sacrificed themselves, so to speak, just like the man in the prologue. So yes, Bane has charisma. Killer Croc is the least likely to have thugs... mostly because he'd eat them.

To Bane, people are objects, or chess pieces who are used for a purpose and nothing more. He has no emotional ties to anyone due to his upbringing in Santa Prisca in the Pena Dura prison. The only emotion he knows is rage. Nothing else. He's a manipulator of people and can get anyone weak enough to do anything for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.multiupload.com/EI0VDVGZOV Get it while the gettins' good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    the trailer is on apple trailers http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/w...rkknightrises/. HD galore

does anyone know how to download the HD trailer from the site?
    Last edited by dzaver; 12-19-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's not loading for me. Is the traffic for it that heavy?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I think Bane says to Bruce, "when Gotham is ashes, feel free to die."

Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    It's not loading for me. Is the traffic for it that heavy?
    I suggest you get the downloadable version. I was having the same trouble. It took about 30 minutes, but finally popped up.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 12-19-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I think Bane says to Bruce, "when Gotham is ashes, feel free to die."
    "you have my permission to die"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    To Bane, people are objects, or chess pieces who are used for a purpose and nothing more. He has no emotional ties to anyone due to his upbringing in Santa Prisca in the Pena Dura prison. The only emotion he knows is rage. Nothing else. He's a manipulator of people and can get anyone weak enough to do anything for him.
    Huh, oddly enough that sounds much like a similar character Tom Hardy's played before...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a link to a bootleg of the prologue? Really eager to see this.