Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nvr_mind View Post
    From the same page: "UPDATE:This story has been effectively shot down and Collider has issued an apology."

Edit: october_midnight, I realize you already touched up on this above, but I figured I'd post what I did to further touch on that subject.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I made a bowl of cereal today chanting "Deshay desahy basara basara!" - nothing wrong with me.

Glad to see Nolan will probably tweak the background audio levels at least. I've recently fallen in love with Bane's Communist Badass Accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was playing Arkham City yesterday and Bane called someone the basura of the city. My friend informed me that it is Spanish for trash. I thought it was interesting, but leads me to wonder about the origin of the chant in the film.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The chant in the movie is not Spanish.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Batman's flying craft we've all seen has been officially given a name.

The Bat.

Yup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    The chant in the movie is not Spanish.
    I didn't say it is.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Batman's flying craft we've all seen has been officially given a name.

The Bat.

Yup.
    Freals? Did they let Adam West on the set and he wrote that on the side? "No, Adam, it's okay, you didn't wreck anything. We'll call it that! Now go sit in the car with your juice box"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Freals. Also, another character spoiler was accidentally leaked by the person playing him/her today. Won't spoil it, but finding the news leak online isn't hard.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    had a feeling about that one, given the initial cast list.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 01-26-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The return of al ghul was never a secret. Its been talked about since Spoiler: the pic of the pit was leaked.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL umad? It's been known for months and months and months...pretty much everyone that posts in this thread on the regular knew it. If I had known, I wouldv'e spoiler tagged it for you. My bad!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I said my bad. I thought that since the Spoiler: picture of the Lazarus Pit was leaked like 7 months ago it was a well known thing. I'll try to be mindful next time. I wouldn't want things to get blown out of hand here. Just no more insane PM's, please...I can only laugh so much before my sides start to hurt.

In other news DO WANT. Gotta stop accumulating the black and white statues...plus the Mignola one next month. FML.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Deal! Just don't report me to the police like you said! I beg of you!

So as to not derail this thread due to boneheads anymore... HDRoom has a new pic of Bane's scar which looks pretty badass.

SPOILER ALERT!!! Spoiler: Tom Hardy is Bane!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The return of al ghul was never a secret. Its been talked about since Spoiler: the pic of the pit was leaked.
    See. Now I didn't know that. Don't post about that again, please.

I avoided the thread on the old ETS because I saw that others were posting like crazy about leaks. That's why when we launched the new board, I threw in the warning to not post spoilers. Apparently, I didn't make that clear enough. I knew about Liam Neeson because Variety posted it after someone leaked it to them and it was EVERYWHERE. This is different.

NO SPOILERS, EVEN IF THEY WERE IN THE OLD THREAD. THIS IS EVERYONE'S ONLY WARNING.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apologies to everyone. Never meant to toss any inmature jabs around at anyone in particular. No more spoilers!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    sorry guys, thought anyone with internet would have known that. Wont post any more movie info at all. Just TOYS TOYS AND MORE TOYS!!!

anyone here ever collected the movie master series or hot toys?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I have the Joker and Batman Hot Toys from TDK...also have the DC Direct 18" statues among pantloads of others...the Hot Toys are great. I just wish I didn't have to save up for them, make payments, sell my liver, etc. etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's a spoiler, someone may want to take his name off the cast list at the beginning of the thread.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    If it's a spoiler, someone may want to take his name off the cast list at the beginning of the thread.
    You have been warned not to say "spoiler" in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very, very well done fan made title sequence:

http://www.shockya.com/news/2012/01/...ce-is-awesome/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That is pretty cool, but would work much better for a Fincher film. Nolan keeps things simple and to the point.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 01-29-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having a non spoiler thread is going to be especially unmanageable after the movie is released and people want to talk about it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    Having a non spoiler thread is going to be especially unmanageable after the movie is released and people want to talk about it.
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...in-this-forum)

Specifically...

HAVE NOT YET BEEN RELEASED OR BROADCASTED
    So, once the movie has been released, we waive the NO SPOILERS warning and update it with SPOILERS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, once the movie has been released, we waive the NO SPOILERS warning and update it with SPOILERS.
    You know, I was comfortable coming into this thread because you made it clear that people shouldn't talk about spoilers. Even after you had to go back and scold people for doing so, I learn something about the movie I would rather not have known. October Midnight did a horrible job of masking it in his link and then you go right out and spell the person's name out. Even if it was reported in Variety, it's still a spoiler. I don't know if I'd have been able to avoid it until I see the completed film, but I didn't know about it until now. Maybe I'll just stay out of this thread until July, but I felt compelled to mention that you didn't spoiler tag your post, which was complaining about spoilers, and thus, I read a spoiler.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    You know, I was comfortable coming into this thread because you made it clear that people shouldn't talk about spoilers. Even after you had to go back and scold people for doing so, I learn something about the movie I would rather not have known. October Midnight did a horrible job of masking it in his link and then you go right out and spell the person's name out. Even if it was reported in Variety, it's still a spoiler. I don't know if I'd have been able to avoid it until I see the completed film, but I didn't know about it until now. Maybe I'll just stay out of this thread until July, but I felt compelled to mention that you didn't spoiler tag your post, which was complaining about spoilers, and thus, I read a spoiler.
    My apologies for the inconvenience, but did you know that I've had that in the first post of this thread since I created it? Variety is different from io9.com, because Variety is an industry-announcement magazine, and they CONFIRMED that Liam Neeson is in the film. They don't print rumors or publish leaked set pictures - only studio-provided hype and news announcements. If a publication posts a news announcement or has an interview with anyone from the movie announcing plot details and setting up the movie, then that's fair game. Not a spoiler. If you're looking to avoid ANY information about the movie, then I'd steer clear of the thread, but again, if it's coming directly from the mouth of either Nolan, Bale, Caine, Oldman, etc., then it's fair to talk about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    That is pretty cool, but would work much better for a Fincher film. Nolan keeps things simple and to the point.
    Yeah, first thing I thought was "Se7en".

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I know people tend to whine about stuff being off topic but while we wait for more news, I found this to be pretty damn funny.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I know people tend to whine about stuff being off topic but while we wait for more news, I found this to be pretty damn funny.

Haha! Spoiler: Cooooookies... OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!