Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Saw the biggest Poster/advertisment of my entire life today. In London's heaving Soho area it was so fucking huge it looked like something out of Blade Runner.
    It had Anne Hathaway in leather with the words RISE and the Gotham skyline in the background.
    It was one of the best, most effective Billboards i have ever seen. Simple, extremely atmospheric, dark, sexy and just looks cool as fuck.
    Im not even a big fan of this franchise but that billboard alone really made really want to know more and see it.
    It reminded me of the poster for Akira in 1988. Great work of Art.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That Bane picture above is a limited edition print that every single IMAX midnight screening will have...since I have to work Friday morning I had to take regular evening tickets. Anyone feeling generous??

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Neat little graphic showing the evolution of Batman characters since day one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Did you catch that the second last column is called 'Joel Schumacher error'? lulz.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Listening to the soundtrack, I cannot wait.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    David Letterman just can't stop his own idiocy from oozing between his two front teeth. Apparently while chatting with Anne Hathaway, he released possibly huge spoilers concerning the ending for TDKR.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07...-knight-rises/
    !SPOILERS! (kind of. maybe...)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Letting slip egregious major movie 'spoilers' that he just made up is one of Dave's long-running gags. Don't get too worked up about it. I can't remember how many times he's said something along the lines of 'such and such title character dies!'

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Good god, just saw the trailer in the cinema. Haven't seen it in German, but hell they did an half assed effort with the dubbing. Even worse than the Dark Knight. Bane sounds kinda cool though, but they obviously just hired someone with a deep and haunting voice rather than try and get him to speak like Hardy does. Well, looks like I'll hit my local OV-theatre again and not join my friends who will be seeing it on opening day at the big multiplex here.

On the other hand, everything that I have seen of this movie except for Bane has left me pretty cold. Hm..

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Slightly off-topic, but have any of the European folk here been to a Batman Live performance?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Mondo is giving out an Olly Moss TDKR poster starting Wednesday at midnight for 24 hours to EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. who buys one.

Last edited by richardp; 07-15-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The catch being you have to spend a lot of money on a poster.

http://www.slashfilm.com/olly-moss-d...-mondo-poster/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I heard that on Twitter. $40 isn't bad compared to what some other Mondo prints go for on Ebay...good god. This will mark the third print I've successfully purchased (the others being a nice Dracula print and a Horkey...yes I scored a Horkey print...who knew).....out of trying to get.....a lot. Mondo's website traffic must be nuts for drops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man of Steel's trailer will be attached to TDKR prints. Immediate reactions I've heard from Comic-Con, where that teaser debuted, suggest that Christopher Nolan has possibly saved Superman as well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dilemma! Ok people so should I go at midnight or wait until Saturday because I have IMAX tickets? It's a real IMAX and it made the TDK experience unbelievable however it will be two days of torture knowing everyone has seen this movie. What should I do?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Dilemma! Ok people so should I go at midnight or wait until Saturday because I have IMAX tickets? It's a real IMAX and it made the TDK experience unbelievable however it will be two days of torture knowing everyone has seen this movie. What should I do?!
    That is a tough call. I would wait for the IMAX showing, personally. I have no legitimate IMAX screens in my area that are showing it, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth Witness View Post
    Man of Steel's trailer will be attached to TDKR prints. Immediate reactions I've heard from Comic-Con, where that teaser debuted, suggest that Christopher Nolan has possibly saved Superman as well.
    It leaked online...though it's not the best quality, it definitely looks pretty sweet. Still can't stand Superman though lol.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the Supes trailer is being shown just in regular theatres or in IMAX as well?

My IMAX is a proper 70MM theatre, and it's very hit and miss. Sometimes there are trailers (1-2 tops), sometimes none. I guess it depends of they send it in specifically with the reel? I know with Avengers they didn't show anything.

If it's not there, that's fine, I can wait, I just don't want to get excited looking forward to it only to be dissapointed.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Last Superman was awful. But if Nolan can do what he did with the batman series, maybe he can turn it around. maybe.

Friday isn't coming soon enough.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    When I saw The Avengers all I got was a couple car commercials and a trailer for Dark Shadows. Ugh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wonder how hands-on Nolan's involvement in this actually is. Because at the end of the day, the movie has a very big problem to overcome, bigger even than Superman's being kind of a shallow and uninteresting superhero: Zack Snyder.

The leaked teaser looks okay. It doesn't show us nearly enough to have people pissing their pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where the hell is it? I keep finding fucking fakes. Fuck that shit is so annoying.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Guys, one of you create a Superman thread so you can carry the discussion over there. Let's get this back on topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    91% on Rotten Tomatoes, and even has a critic comparing it to Transformers 3.

No, seriously.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And that critic received death threats. I knew it wasn't going to get total acclaim. Besides, not everyone likes Christopher Nolan. That's OK although comparing to Michael Bay is pretty extreme and just plain fucking dumb.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Chonson View Post
    91% on Rotten Tomatoes, and even has a critic comparing it to Transformers 3.

No, seriously.
    I thought Armond White got banned?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Armond White didn't get banned. The New York Press (the mag he was writing for) folded, was bought out and puppeted by another company, but the new owner isn't registered with Rotten Tomatoes and so White's new reviews haven't been posted.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    And that critic received death threats. I knew it wasn't going to get total acclaim. Besides, not everyone likes Christopher Nolan. That's OK although comparing to Michael Bay is pretty extreme and just plain fucking dumb.
    He didn't compare the whole movie or CN to Michael Bay. Just some parts of the action:

At times, the action is so massive and thunderously clunky that I might as well have been watching one of the Transformers movies.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I can believe that. TDK was a step in that direction amd judging from the imax thing... yeah...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    a Chris Nolan film with lots of action? what's wrong with it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)