Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That's fucking awesome. I don't remember there being 40 minutes of IMAX in The Dark Knight like the article says, but it's been years so I don't doubt it. I love that photo of Nolan behind the IMAX camera, too. Such a classy fellow.

However, after hearing David Fincher's thoughts on the use of IMAX and 3D, he brought up an interesting point, which is that there's something to be said for a kind of homogenization in terms of resolution. That, and shooting on IMAX kind of undermines the rest of the movie in a "Here's comes shit!" sort of way, if that makes sense.

So now I have slightly mixed feelings on the format - or rather, the use of it in movies like Dark Knight or Mission Impossible. It looks breathtaking, and transfers well to home video (unlike 3D which isn't a home theater standard yet). I actually remember muttering "wow" to myself upon seeing the first shot in Ghost Protocol. The only problem I have is that it makes the rest of whatever movie you're watching look... less good.

There's that very clear jump in resolution, or fidelity, that's noticeable even if you're watching on the usual theater screen and not an actual IMAX one. It can be frustrating when you're suddenly watching footage shot on a "normal" camera again. This being the finale to Nolan's Batman trilogy, I almost wish he just went for it and the shot the entire thing in IMAX. I'm sure the actual film stock is stupid-expensive, but this is one of the most successful film franchises ever, isn't it? I'm only saying this because I was not expecting a full hour's worth of IMAX material for Rises. At that point it seems like you might as well just go for the gold, and at this point I'm coming off like a spoiled fanboy.

I guess we can assume that Batwing chase and Football game will be in IMAX, which we can also assume will be extra boner-inducing if that's the case.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i feel like it was closer to 15 minutes of IMAX in TDK. 40 seems way way high.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah I thought only the opening bank scene was shot on IMAX in TDK.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The armored truck scene was shot in IMAX as well.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I guess we can assume that Batwing chase and Football game will be in IMAX, which we can also assume will be extra boner-inducing if that's the case.
    I only know that the Football game is in IMAX because there was some kind of problem with the IMAX camera toward the end of filming that day, and the crowd got a liiittle pissed because they said that they might have lost ALL of the footage they shot that day because of...whatever the problem was. Good times!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New footage shown at CinemaCon.

Apparently it kicked all kinds of ass.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I got chills just reading that article.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Heads up. Viral marketing has kicked in. New trailer should be up in less than a day if scavenging is a success.

www.thedarkknightrises.com

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Saw that this morning! So far all the locations are outside of North America, but apparently at 11 EST the N.A. Ones will be added. If there's a Vancouver one I'm shit outta luck since I'll be at work until 3pm...FML.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    If one is close by I'll take a trip down and see it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All you're supposed to do is take a picture of whatever's there and send it to the email address or tweet it with the correct hashtag. I wonder if the first person to do so will get anything or if it'll just unlock the frame of the trailer (since that's what they say it does). Either way, I hope it ramps up and keeps going!!

edit: Oh, I forgot, eskimo please do. And if anyone else manages to get to one of these locations, come back with pics and/or a report of what was there??

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New locations up, a shitload of U.S. ones but the only Canada ones are in Toronto...makes me a feel a bit better being stuck at work haha.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They're little bat symbols found spray painted on the ground, about 6 inches in size. Each pic uploads to the official site and they put up another frame of the trailer. Could take a while since so far a bunch have been found overseas and the trailer scroll bar still is nothing but frames of the MPAA warning lol. Could take a while...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    They're little bat symbols found spray painted on the ground, about 6 inches in size. Each pic uploads to the official site and they put up another frame of the trailer. Could take a while since so far a bunch have been found overseas and the trailer scroll bar still is nothing but frames of the MPAA warning lol. Could take a while...

https://twitter.com/#!/MUSTARDONE/st.../photo/1/large

Managed to find this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No Houston? That's bullbird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If my count in the source code of www.TDKR07202012.com is correct, there's still 1500+ frames to be revealed before the trailer is complete. I found/sent in two today. I went to a third location, but it wasn't there.

Warren, MI
    Sterling Heights, MI

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So far a bunch of frames have been found, and someone super nerdy even made an animated .gif file of them. I'll just link to it, though it's super tiny and with no sound so it's not too much of a spoiler. A bit of the footage was from the free preview night a few months back where they were handing out the shirts and whatnot.

Boom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deshay. Deshay. Basara. Basara.
    http://tdkr07202012.com/#

Trailer #2's up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I came.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY FUCKING GOD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I NEED THIS MOVIE NOW AHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM HYSTERICAL RIGHT NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ha.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    There are no words. The beginning of that trailer is remarkably depressing and I love it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Fuck the avengers!!!! This is the blockbuster superhero film of the year!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That is one incredible trailer, July can't get here soon enough.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    For some reason I'm not excited about this and the trailers have done nothing for me. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, perhaps I'll be blown out of the water. (and it's not troll baiting either. I'm just curious about my own reaction to it). I might try to rewatch the Dark Knight before this comes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This trailer didn't get me excited at all.
    Bane's voice sounds like a plain voice over now. I preferred the way it was before.

Also the Hover-bat-craft seems like a gimmick.
    First we had the Bat Tank.
    Then we had the Bat Bike!
    NOW we get the Bat Hover/flying machine thing. woooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    This trailer didn't get me excited at all.
    Bane's voice sounds like a plain voice over now. I preferred the way it was before.
    The trailer didn't WOW me like the previous ones have, or as much as the trailers for The Dark Knight, but I still liked it. I agree that Bane's voice sounds like a voice-over. Even the audio levels seem higher? I do like that I understand what he is saying. While I enjoyed the accent and the muffled tone, I could not tell what he was saying during the prologue.

THIS ISN'T A CAR! - win!
    Last edited by EPICRAGE; 05-05-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I thoroughly enjoy Bane and I think they really nailed him, but as far as Anne Hathaway goes... phew, I just can't stand her which makes the scene with the Bat at the end even worse. I really cringed after an otherwise intriguing trailer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Who are The Avengers again?

TKDR will probably end my life.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Is that Selina Kyle doing the cartwheel in Jail, breaking that dudes arms?