^ fuck off with that shit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    ^ fuck off with that shit
    Why?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I am literally about to see this in IMAX in an hour and a half. FUCK YES.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    Brilliant!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I thought videos on Funny or Die were supposed to be...you know...funny.

Oh well. Maybe if I ever have kids, they can start their writing careers at age five, too.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    So, Rush Limbaugh thinks that they named the villain Bane as a sly jab at Romney's affiliation with Bain. Seriously, he thinks this is a liberal Hollywood ploy, completely unaware that the character was invented in 1993.

Seriously, this man is so fucking stupid

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    So, Rush Limbaugh thinks that they named the villain Bane as a sly jab at Romney's affiliation with Bain. Seriously, he thinks this is a liberal Hollywood ploy, completely unaware that the character was invented in 1993.

Seriously, this man is so fucking stupid
    There's an idiot flapping his gums every minute, somewhere about something.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He really must have run out of things to say? You'd think some kind of "research" would go into such an "analysis".

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    There's an idiot flapping his gums every minute, somewhere about something.
    the problem is, this guy has one of the most popular radio talk shows in America, if not THE most popular, and people actually eat his bullshit. This is a fantastic lol-worthy moment where he has no excuse, and it'd be nice to hear him say "well, apparently I'm a stupid fuck who can't be bothered to do the smallest bit of research before I make insane claims and ironically call other people stupid."

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Guys, you do realize we're talking about Rush Limbaugh? The truth is about as important to him as a low-fat, well-balanced diet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    Why?
    Yeah I didn't notice that was a funny or die video. I'm an idiot. Sorry about that.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I work in radio. Rush is def. a huge draw in the industry and probably still has the biggest audience out, but it's way way inflated. Whatever numbers you see for him, shave at least 7 or more million people off it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I am literally about to see this in IMAX in an hour and a half. FUCK YES.
    Let us know if you found it an improvement. I've been watching the first two and am unfortunately reminded how I mostly don't like Nolan series... Just whatever. I'm anxious for this one at the same time...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Hey, so back on topic, umm it was amazing and topped The Dark Knight in every way. At least for me.

And seriously it felt like the whole fucking movie was shot in IMAX format. It was beautiful. Even on a LIEMAX screen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Let us know if you found it an improvement. I've been watching the first two and am unfortunately reminded how I mostly don't like Nolan series... Just whatever. I'm anxious for this one at the same time...
    I don't think this'll change your mind. It's still very much Nolan's Batman.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This is going all over my Facebook. Managed to nail a couple tickets to midnight release (in 2D, but I think I'd rather wait a week until the crowd dies down a bit before I try to brave that monster anyway.)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus T. Cosmonaut View Post
    I don't think this'll change your mind. It's still very much Nolan's Batman.
    Well, I have a feeling it'll at least be better than The Dark Knight with me...as good as it can be being very much Nolan as you say. I completely prefer watching Batman Begins between the two out, I realize, now that I've had a recent refresher, and I read somewhere that The Dark Knight Rises is more like Batman Begins in tone.

I must see Bale in agony.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I don't know if the Rotten Tomatoes mess has been brought up yet, but let me just say this. I can't imagine my life as so empty to even be pissed off about a bad review of anything. Especially if what will likely be a kick-ass movie in your own mind doesn't get 100% on a website.

*goes away closing my eyes, avoiding spoilers*

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    and I read somewhere that The Dark Knight Rises is more like Batman Begins in tone.

I must see Bale in agony.
    Yeah it's definitely more like Begins. It comes full circle. It almost felt like The Dark Knight was just simply a bridge between Begins and Rises. And I mean all of this in the best way possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I liked Begins more than Dark Knight as well after all is said and done. I can't wait for this if the tone is similar.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Awesome.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That was an amazing trailer. I fucking hate how they are showing the release day of batman and should have held out till saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No spoilers.

If you're not impressed by the first two movies this one won't win you over either.

The only major complaint I had was the soundtrack. It's like they didn't have confidence in the scenes so they had to have a completely overbearing soundtrack to tell the audience how they should be reacting just in case they were in any doubt. Very ham fisted and not in the heavily stylised way that a director like Brian De Palma manages to pull off but in the overtly manipulative and distracting way someone like Darren Aronofsky uses his score.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    No spoilers.

If you're not impressed by the first two movies this one won't win you over either.

The only major complaint I had was the soundtrack. It's like they didn't have confidence in the scenes so they had to have a completely overbearing soundtrack to tell the audience how they should be reacting just in case they were in any doubt. Very ham fisted and not in the heavily stylised way that a director like Brian De Palma manages to pull off but in the overtly manipulative and distracting way someone like Darren Aronofsky uses his score.
    I don't agree with this at all because Spoiler: the entire showdown between Batman and Bane where Bane breaks Batman's back, uses no score at all. Instead you're forced to listen to the sounds of the sewer and the sound of Bane destroying Batman. It's gut-wrenching.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Been trolling this thread for a while, so excited to see it at midnight tomorrow (less than 24 hours!) watched Begins tonight just to get me pumped up, not even going to bother reading anything more about the movie online anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^That scene was excellent but there were numerous chase/fight scenes and especially the finale where the soundtrack was completely unbearable. They could have lifted those scenes to the level of the scene you are talking about with a more selective use of the soundtrack.

Also. There were too many key scenes in the trailers. I think between the trailers and having any knowledge at all about the characters from the comics there aren't any surprises left in the movie. Though one character had an interesting subversion to their backstory that worked against the audience comic foreknowledge the eventual outcome was still predictable.

Last edited by Lutz; 07-19-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I cant remember the last time the third movie in a franchise got this much universal acclaim. Stoked!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I cant remember the last time the third movie in a franchise got this much universal acclaim. Stoked!
    did you forget about Lord of the Rings? (shit it was almost 10 years though) so excited for tonight, contemplating watching the dark knight before hand

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Do'n't forget Toy Story 3 . Goodbye to this thread until Saturday night (I want to kill you all)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going to the premiere in an hour. \m/