Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Pointless live speculation

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I was hoping there would be at least an austin show in texas. Oh well. I'm sure these aren't the only shows they will ever play.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Dammit - I'm all excited now at maybe seeing HTDA without even having to lift a presale finger. But even if they do support DM it may not be in all countries. got to assume the worst

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UninTY View Post
    The Montclair, NJ venue is less than a MILE from my front door. I damn near hyperventilated! If it was NIN....I might be in the hospital right now. (I'm 35, and these announcement's instantly turn me 18 again!)
    I adore that Montclair, NJ venue (The Wellmont Theater) for that same reason of close proximity and lack of NYC-travel-stress. The difference is I'm 35 minutes away and you're less than a mile! Can't wait!!!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    It'd be amazing to have How to Destroy Angels tour with Dillinger Escape Plan (they're releasing an album in April). Greg Puciato said that he has been recently inspired by "electronic" music, and y'all remember DEP being special guests during the Wave Goodbye tour...I like to think that the average DEP fan is not the average metal fan, and would be more open to other things. I'm aware that this would be an extreme pairing, but I would be in seventh heaven if it were to happen.
    Nine Inch Nails with DEP sure. On the other hand, I'm not sure how DEP fans would respond to HDTA. Doesn't sound like a right combo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Although I don't want to jinx myself with tickets, I fully plan on being at the Wellmont, will be interesting to see if the NYC date is general admission at T5 or Hammerstein or maybe the whole tour is theaters and they do the Beacon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, a few summers ago I made the trip from MN to Chicago 3 times to see NIN, might as well do it again.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I would bet it's T5, since it's a Bowery venue (as is Wellmont).

And, yeah, I don't really see the DEP/HTDA synergy. If they're going to pair with an artist, it needs to be with someone whose fan base they could naturally poach.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 02-21-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am gonna guess they are playing the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. During Waves Goodbye when they were playing at "smaller intimate venues" that is where they played. They also played the Charter One Pavilion during the first leg of the Waves Goodbye tour, but April might still be a bit cold for that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I do work for Golden State theater here in monterey... so pumped right now. I eat lunch there all the time.. Maybe ill get to shoot it...

Its a seated venue, btw.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 02-21-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I would bet it's T5, since it's a Bowery venue (as is Wellmont).
    Not that I'm necessarily planning on hitting both the NJ and the NYC show, but I'm hoping the NYC venue is Hammerstein since that's also seated the way the Wellmont is. Late last year Amon Tobin did a Wellmont gig followed by Hammerstein so we'll see!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    http://tour.destroyangels.com

All the venues are now posted.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Please continue the tour discussion at the following thread: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...gels-live-2013