Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NIN Albums Live [Fragile / With Teeth / Zear Yero]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

NIN Albums Live [Fragile / With Teeth / Zear Yero]

I did this thing, so I might as well share it here.

The Fragile

01 - Somewhat Damaged 2009.07.03
    02 - TDTWWA 2013 Rehearsals
    03 - Frail 2009.06.21
    04 - Wretched 2008.12.12
    05 - We're In This Together 2007.04.04
    06 - Fragile 2009.06.21
    07 - Just Like You Imagined 09.08.09
    08 - Even Deeper 2005 Rehearsals
    09 - No, You Don't 2000.01.26
    10 - La Mer 2006.06.11
    11 - Into The Void Irvine 2006
    12 - The Great Bellow AATCHB
    13 - The Way Out Is Through Lowlands 2013
    14 - The Mark Has Been Made AATCHB
    15 - Please 2000 Tokyo
    16 - Starfucker, Inc. 2005 KROQ
    17 - Complication AATCHB
    18 - The Big Come Down 2008 Sacramento

With Teeth

1. All The Love In The World - 2013 11 09
    2. You Know What You Are? - 2006 03 23
    3. The Collector - With Teeth Rehearsals
    4. The Hand That Feeds - 2008 12 07
    5. Love Is Not Enough - With Teeth Rehearsals
    6. Everyday Is Exactly The Same - 2006 03 23
    7. With Teeth - Beside You In Time
    8. Only - 2006 WT Tour
    9. Getting Smaller - With Teeth Rehearsalas
    10. Sunspots - With Teeth Rehearsals
    11. The Line Begings To Blur - 2006 03 23
    12. Beside You In Time - 2014 02 28
    13. Right Where It Belongs - BYIT
    14. Home - 2009 05 21

Year Zero

1 HYPERPOWER! Mix of Japan 2007-05-18 and Studio Recording (AUD)
    2 Beginning Of The End Mix of ORC Source Meeting and Studio Recording (AUD)
    3 Survivalism Victoria 2008 (SBD)
    4 The Good Soldier Portland 2008 (SBD)
    5 Vessel Sacramento 2008 (SBD)
    6 Me, I'm Not Mix of 2007-05-18 and 2007-05-23 Japan (AUD)
    7 Capital G 2007-05-23 Japan (AUD)
    9 The Warning Sacramento 2008 (SBD)
    10 God Given Victoria 2008 (SBD)
    11 Meet Your Master TOIOU footage (SBD)
    12 The Greater Good Portland 2008 (SBD)
    13 The Great Destroyer Lolapalooza Brazil 2014 (SBD)
    15 In This Twilight LA 2009 (AUD)
    Last edited by telee.kom; 09-18-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    This depresses me as it reminds me Zero-Sum and 10MH are unplayed. Nice set though, any reason for the choices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    This depresses me as it reminds me Zero-Sum and 10MH are unplayed. Nice set though, any reason for the choices?
    Not the OP, but I know how he chose these.

Teleekom is the mod of the NIN subreddit, and has been doing these posts where everyone links to their favorite live iteration of each song on an album. Example:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments...e_2_year_zero/

He's then compiling these into full "sets" on soundcloud.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I have vast bootleg collection on my drive, so track by track I listen to all versions I have on my computer and tried to pick the best sounding one. I usually went with soundboard, but if soundboard recording was lacking something, you could here some fuck ups or maybe sound was little flat, I rather picked audience recording. Also I asked people on NIN subreddit to post their favourites from each album, so I pick some of these too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Very cool idea and nice set! Only one thing is bugging me..

Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    We're In This Together Now
    Dude, ouch!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Haha, I'm an idiot

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    thanks, @telee.kom
    i LOVE projects like this.
    One member called NthngCnStpMe or something like that made GREAT nin projects. One of them was called "And All That Ever Was" and it had EVERY song nin has ever played live, ever, edited to sound like one concert over 7 cds.
    I LOVED that shit. Now i can't find it, or him. I tried to get it off TPB, but there were no seeders.
    I can't wait to burn your project and blast it in the car.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Nice collection, although I question the choice of 2006 truncated La Mer over the full version.
    Also, there's a SBD of Meet You Master??

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If you happened to find it @elevenism , let me know, that sounds awesome.

I choose this version of La Mer because I love the improv in the beginning. I picked it from something like 30 versions, I really like this one the best and I mean it, because La Mer is my favourite NIN song ^^ And Meet You Master Is from This One Is On Us so.. I dunno, this might be a mixup I write these kinda in a hurry and some of it from the memory, so I might put SBD there just because it sounded good to my ears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Love hearing these types of playlists!

The next best thing to hearing these albums played live [in their entirety]...

On a somewhat related note: @telee.kom - I loved Into the Void! Thanks for putting it together!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I choose this version of La Mer because I love the improv in the beginning. I picked it from something like 30 versions, I really like this one the best and I mean it, because La Mer is my favourite NIN song ^^
    my personal choice would have been either 2009-06-29 or 2009-09-06. I really like the version they played between June and September 2009. But yeah, also La Mer followed by Into The Void is great : )

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    great work, man! love this stuff.

though, there must be an amazing bootleg of the wretched from Tension with the backup singers hitting those screaming notes in the chorus... that chilled me to the bone when I saw it

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I never realized the Corpus recording was so good. With the exception of hearing TDTWWA live for the first time, it was my least favorite NIN show. Very cold. I'll have to dig up the recording. Thanks

Also, picking Frail and Wretched from different shows.....
    Last edited by ekrekel; 09-19-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I love you guys <3

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Meet Your Master sounds fantastic! I'd love to know which show that was.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I love this kind of project! I thought about doing playlists like this a while ago, but my energy was focused on my own little project. I'll listen to this later, and chime on the TDS one you'll surely be making. (That 2009 SBD has to make it in there)

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    thanks, @telee.kom
    One member called NthngCnStpMe or something like that made GREAT nin projects. One of them was called "And All That Ever Was" and it had EVERY song nin has ever played live, ever, edited to sound like one concert over 7 cds.
    I LOVED that shit. Now i can't find it, or him. I tried to get it off TPB, but there were no seeders.
    Those were awesome. I believe I still have all of them stored here - maybe not in FLAC, but still.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm surprised you didn't use the one soundboard version of Please that is out there. Other than that, this is a cool idea.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    thanks, @telee.kom
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Those were awesome. I believe I still have all of them stored here - maybe not in FLAC, but still.
    I have "A Mix Of All That There Ever Was", but I don't really have the space or the connection to upload it at the moment. Great compilation though.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This is a ton of great work, and it was very cool to see these getting put together on Reddit.

Is there any plan to do this for Broken and Pretty Hate Machine? All of those have been done over the years, with a ton of potential sources for Broken and more than enough recent and clear recordings of most of PHM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    cool playlist. Freese kills it on Into the Void and Starfuckers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't use the one soundboard version of Please that is out there. Other than that, this is a cool idea.
    There's a SBD of "Please"? Would you happen to have a link handy?

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I love this kind of project! I thought about doing playlists like this a while ago, but my energy was focused on my own little project. I'll listen to this later, and chime on the TDS one you'll surely be making. (That 2009 SBD has to make it in there)
    Are you referring to a SBD of the song TDS or the Webster Hall performance?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post

Are you referring to a SBD of the song TDS or the Webster Hall performance?
    I mean that, when they make this same compilation for TDS (the album), they should probably include a couple of songs from this bootleg:

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2009/20090621.html

And for what it's worth, wish I'd known about this project earlier!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So yeah, anyone know which show Meet Your Master is from? Don't really feel like downloading every show it was played at to find it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Sweet! This is awesome. I love compilations like this. Reminds me of CD's I used to make when I was younger. Way, way before TDS was played in full I made a burned CD of "TDS: Live" all the best versions of the songs I could find. I had to use "A Warm Place" studio version in place where it would fall on the track since that was the only song on that album that had never been played in the 90's. Until recently that is... But now there's an actual copy of TDS being played in full from front to back at THE SAME SHOW... so any mixed compilation would be inferior to that at this point. I also made a Pretty Hate Machine one... don't remember what I did with these CD's though.

Too bad The Fragile is missing so many tracks live... Seems very incomplete with only those 18 tracks. But the Year Zero live compilation, great job on that!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060331.html

Source 5

Also, the version of Meet Your Master everyone is talking about probably isn't a soundboard and just a really good audience tape. Doesn't sound quite right.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-20-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    10 Miles High is one of my favorite NIN tracks... you know how much the CD version of The Fragile pisses me off when it cuts off?
    Can't believe they cut that from the CD, it's one of the better tracks. Should have gotten rid of something else if they had to do it.
    10 Miles High and And All The Could Have Been should have been on the album, with the latter as the album closer (not Ripe).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Also, the version of Meet Your Master everyone is talking about probably isn't a soundboard and just a really good audience tape. Doesn't sound quite right.
    It's definitely an audience recording, but it sounds fantastic. I hate to keep asking, but I'd really like to know what show it's from.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Comments on youtube doesn't seem to help. Is it possible that guys who made Another Version Of The Truth had their own sources which aren't aveliable on RITC? Because I already searched for some other songs from this DVD on Reflecting In The Chrome and I couldn't find it in their quality.

Also this thread really encouraged me to the the rest of NIN discography, so in next couple of weeks I'll do Downward Spiral, Broken and PHM. I'll link the threads with suggestions here so you can participate

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Comments on youtube doesn't seem to help. Is it possible that guys who made Another Version Of The Truth had their own sources which aren't aveliable on RITC? Because I already searched for some other songs from this DVD on Reflecting In The Chrome and I couldn't find it in their quality.

Also this thread really encouraged me to the the rest of NIN discography, so in next couple of weeks I'll do Downward Spiral, Broken and PHM. I'll link the threads with suggestions here so you can participate
    Also has some very good quality versions of 5 Ghosts and 32 Ghosts. I know theres a soundboard of 5 Ghosts on RITCN, but it sounds nothing like that one.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If you want to participate in TDS live album, I made a reddit thread here http://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments...wnward_spiral/
    or just post your favourite version here, it doesn't really matter. I will merge the ideas from both threads. I know I'm lacking decent version of Mr. Self Destruct, so if you know about one, please share it. I would love to have whole performance you can see in second part of this video, which I believe is from Closure, but that just a wishful thinking I guess

Last edited by telee.kom; 09-22-2014 at 06:08 AM.