Page 104 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Listening to Taylor Swift makes me want to punt kittens like a football.
    please don't listen to taylor swift!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm a big fan of Ritchie Blackmore and love his work with Deep Purple and Rainbow, but that renaissance stuff he's been doing for the last 15 or so years, could never get into it, not at all.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Core 10 is no more!!! So sad...they supplied infinite amounts of cringey entertainment.

R.I.P. Core 10...we barely knew ye....which is good, b/c you were god awful.

Seriously how did those vocals make it out into the world?
    That is Fucking HILARIOUS!

However, I know for a fact the two vocalists and that band were around 15 years. How could you be a group for that long and just up and quit right before a big break? Something tells me Silveria had something to do with it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Silveria made a FB post or something similar that they dumped the two vocalists bc of how much criticism they received that was strictly bc of the vocals. The band sucks too, but b far the worst thing were the two "singers".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    all i've been listening to is taylor swift, the new kanye and pusha 7 tracks, and the entire lil peep catalogue
    i don't know what's wrong with me anymore
    i'm just a sad boy and trying to figure out where i went wrong in life
    the production value on tswift, pusha, and peep is insanely good fwiw. that being said the new kanye clips really bad on some parts, and i can't stand that. it doesn't sound intentional, just bad.
    i really need bad witch to leak soon

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    all i've been listening to is taylor swift, the new kanye and pusha 7 tracks, and the entire lil peep catalogue
    i don't know what's wrong with me anymore
    i'm just a sad boy and trying to figure out where i went wrong in life
    the production value on tswift, pusha, and peep is insanely good fwiw. that being said the new kanye clips really bad on some parts, and i can't stand that. it doesn't sound intentional, just bad.
    i really need bad witch to leak soon
    Not to be rude but how are you on this website?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    taylor swift writes consistently great shit. it's vanilla as fuck, but still really good. no shame.

and kanye's new album is okay. just okay. for him, that's not good.
    Last edited by kel; 06-06-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    seems rude. so condescending then?

i've been listening to nin since pretty hate machine, and i'm 35. i was on the site well before whatever reset. here or whatever?:

https://yearzero.netninja.com/mirror...4.net/net2.htm

24.24.2.1633 laststepdown [Missing]

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    taylor swift writes consistently great shit. it's vanilla as fuck, but still really good. no shame.

and kanye's new album is okay. just okay. for him, that's not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    seems rude. so condescending then?

i've been listening to nin since pretty hate machine, and i'm 35. i was on the site well before whatever reset. here or whatever?:

https://yearzero.netninja.com/mirror...4.net/net2.htm

24.24.2.1633 laststepdown [Missing]
    No, I really wasn't trying to be. Just surprising to see the name Lil Peep show up on this board. *shudders*

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I used to think the same thing about Boots. He/she just posts cheesy/bad music all the time. But then he/she posted some things against Jews in one of the news threads, so now that person is just ignored.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was unfortunate enough to hearing radio during lunch, and there was some Coldplay. Good thing they're recognizable, but man what the fuck happened to them, this is unbearable and should end years ago. And I own and like Rush of the blood... and Scientist is great song/video.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I used to think the same thing about Boots. He/she just posts cheesy/bad music all the time. But then he/she posted some things against Jews in one of the news threads, so now that person is just ignored.
    she's just fucking off, in some way. she almost never actually responds to anything on here. she posts something, sometimes people try to engage her, and she never says anything about it. and then she complains about getting kicked off of other message boards because "the admin was a bitch" (that's a direct quote). i don't think she understands how to use a discussion board.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    No, I really wasn't trying to be. Just surprising to see the name Lil Peep show up on this board. *shudders*
    Well, you can learn something today I guess

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invisible_Men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if this band has already been mentioned, but Toad The Wet Sprocket? Especially since Trent made fun of them on an MTV show in 1992!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    I don't know if this band has already been mentioned, but Toad The Wet Sprocket? Especially since Trent made fun of them on an MTV show in 1992!
    Really? What did he said?

I love TTWS, lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Really? What did he said?

I love TTWS, lol!

Starts at the 8 minute mark. Guy called in asking how he came up with the band name. He said it sounded cooler than Toad The Wet Sprocket!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I nominate Whitney Houston's "The greatest Love of All" for the following reasons:

1. She could sing, great in fact, but it was overdone, she would over-emote.
    2. The song doesn't make a lot of sence. It starts out about children, then about loving yourself. It's like there are two separate lyrics for two different songs.
    3. It's sacran, to say the least.
    4. Considering she was a terrible parent and both she and her child died by a drug related cause, it makes the song seem even more phoney and superficial.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't get these music videos as of late that has all of these new artists singing about money and have their videos in mansions and with all of these cars and such. Some of which are pop singers. I watch MTV Live just to see a few concerts and such and I just don't understand today's music videos. They lack imagination these days.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This isn't for me as much as it is for my mother because she has a point,

Today's country music isn't really country music at all. She used CMT and top 40 as a talking point. So I looked and was always conscious about it (prior to her mentioning it) but really this is just pop/rock masquerading as "country" music.

Lyrics and videos are derivative depicting trucks, girls or "my woman" as subject, hunting, fishing, drinking, parties and being simple. Formulaic drivel and awfully phoned it. It's not even clever about it. It's cliche to the max and offers fairly little insight into a deeper subject. No they don't need to be heart wrenching but when I hear my late grandfather's favorite country singer George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today" I get emotional insight and depth. Florida Georgia Line's "Smooth" does not do jackshit for the brain, sorry. That isn't one instance. As far as their hits go that's pretty much the blueprint.

The artists don't even rock the traditional garb or aesthetic of a country musician. Me and everyone on here knows that looks don't mean shit when it comes to musical ability or the enjoyability of the medium but sometimes it feels at home or needed. Scrolling through some lists and looking at photos show me most male "country" singers these days have scraggly hair, 5 o'clock shadow, tattoos galore and jeans with some odd ensemble of other shit or a baseball cap. That doesn't really scream country to me at all. Not hating just....eh.

This is the "same genre" people. Yes I know Williams is country western and Kane Brown is "country pop" but ehh. Yes I also know there's easily 50 to 60 years apart in these videos and times change but maybe I keep metalhead culture in my blood too close to my thinking because metal from 30-40 years ago has musicians that look like today's musicians. That didn't evolve or change the appearance much but maybe I'm being "ignorant" about it.

Maybe I'm a bastard but I don't get it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I agree, same thing with rap - it's not the same today as it was back then. Skert skerrrrrtttttt.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Reminded this dogshit was a thing 10 years ago.

Same goes for this trash.

2008 had some bad music and trends, man.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Because it's "country pop" not "pop country." It's not country music at all, it's pop music that appeals to the small town audience. Speaking as someone who grew up in rural Texas, for some reason rednecks get a hard on if someone mentions a country store or a dirt road. So that's what these people sing about, because it's easy money and if they challenged their audience, they would lose their entire fanbase to the next person willing to exploit them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Reminded this dogshit was a thing 10 years ago.

Same goes for this trash.

2008 had some bad music and trends, man.
    Bartender is a staple on my roadtrip playlist. That's about the only time i listen to it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If Spotify would stop trying to shove Mastadon onto every single fucking radio station I listen to, that would be rad.

I don't even think they're necessarily "shitty," I just have absolutely zero desire to hear any more of their songs.

Edit: VVV Oh yeah! I'm also getting sick of "Africa" by Toto and everybody suddenly totally not ironically loving that song, to the point that Weezer did that cover. Does anybody actually "love" that song...? Isn't it the butt of a joke? A meme? Can't we all just admit that and move on?
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-01-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I normally wouldn’t put Weezer in the “shitty” thread, but what’s up with that crappy cover of Toto’s “Africa”? It sounds just like the original. I heard it probably five times before my wife asked “who’s doing the cover?”. Thought I was listening to Toto. So we Shazzamed it and we’re both like... :|

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Dez Fafara from Coal Chamber/Devildriver is now peddling this absolute gobshite

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post

I like early DevilDriver and I don't hate them but that is pretty bad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post

Wow this is not just bad...This is horrible
    Even worst than Nickelback playing closer with Nicky Minaj