Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

If you clicked on this thread to talk about how awesome they are, please do us a favor an go drink some rat poison!!! Lots of it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    but nickelback is the best band to ever exist ever in existence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight explosion View Post
    but nickelback is the best band to ever exist ever in existence
    So I've been told

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I motion to have this thread renamed "The New Shit On Music Thread".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    I was thinking of making one, but I thought it was too soon for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was thinking of making one, then I realized this thread already exists.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The new single ("When We Stand Together" or whatever) would be one of the worst songs I've ever heard were it not for the fact that the cheesy lyrics and the "HEYYY HEYYY HEYYY HEYYY HEYYYYYYYYYY!" are so pathetically hilarious.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    Yes, make it so #1

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Can't stand all these reviews bashing Nickelback, but also sneaking nice things about them in there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was this really necessary?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight explosion View Post
    I was thinking of making one, but I thought it was too soon for whatever reason.
    It is not too soon. If you'd created one, there would not now be a Nickleback one.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, did anyone hear about the Anti-Nickelback Petition the University of Michigan devised so Nickelturd didn't play at a football halftime show?

http://annarbor.com/news/university-...back-petition/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That worked out pretty well for him, huh?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I am all in favour of a Shit on Music thread, but I don't see why it has to be Nickelback-themed. Again, another example of people talking shit about Nickelback whilst promoting them at the same time.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I am all in favour of a Shit on Music thread, but I don't see why it has to be Nickelback-themed. Again, another example of people talking shit about Nickelback whilst promoting them at the same time.
    Hey! Listen to me. Listen. This is important. Listen. There is NO such thing as promoting Nickelback. We are warning people. Do you say that to meteorologists when they warn people about hurricanes? "Hey, don't tell everyone about Hurricane Asshole because then you'll be promoting it!" No! You know why? Because it's vital information that everyone needs to know. No poor, unsuspecting person should be assaulted by the generic bland vagina monster that is Nickelback. No one. So just consider this whole thread a public service announcement.

And while we're on the topic of shitty music, whoever made the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" is an asshole. It's a whole song about not fearing death, but you know what? Whole thing sounds really sad. It's a BUMMER of a song. It really is. Oh, and the lyrics? "40,000 men and women every day." WHAT? Are you kidding me? That's supposed to make me feel better? "Like Romeo and Juliet." Listen, schmuck, Romeo and Juliet died in the most horrible way possible. She drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then she drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then he killed himself or she killed herself or WHATEVER. I don't remember how it goes. The point is, it was a bummer of an ending; that's why they call it a tragedy. Just like your song: a tragedy. So fuck you Blue Oyster Cult. You totally ruined my trip to the grocery store a few minutes ago with your crappy song. Standing in the toothpaste aisle crying my ass off about my inevitable mortality.
    Last edited by theruiner; 12-06-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    How You Remind Me came out in 2001. Their reputation as douchemeisters precedes them by a country mile. The people who need warning about Nickelback are unsalvageable. Let them sink.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Remember that thing that came out that said Kroeger was one of the most versatile musicians of all time? I guess from country-rock to country and back to country-rock is a pretty big leap.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Les-Paul.aspx

And regarding other shit on music: Katy Perry's an over-rated attention whore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree. Katy Perry is indeed overrated.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So fuck you Blue Oyster Cult. You totally ruined my trip to the grocery store a few minutes ago with your crappy song. Standing in the toothpaste aisle crying my ass off about my inevitable mortality.
    Agreed, sad song..but it made you think a bit more carefully about what toothpaste you were going to buy...as in maybe the last tube you ever buy. AmIRite?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Chonson View Post
    I agree. Katy Perry is indeed overrated.
    who exactly thinks she's a talented musician? to be blunt, she's got big tits, otherwise there would be no Katy Perry.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    who exactly thinks she's a talented musician? to be blunt, she's got big tits, otherwise there would be no Katy Perry.
    I've had classes with people who worship the ground she walks on. Some guy on the thesbian crew got a personally autographed poster wishing him good luck on something from her, and some of the people that I knew who knew him fliiipped out and said it would "make their entire life" if she did that for them, too.

I mean, it's great that they have their idols and all, people can like whoever they want. I just really don't see what sets her apart from any other big-breasted chick who's come along and sang about "being herself" and partying and loving/missing a boy (and girls, I guess).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Remember that thing that came out that said Kroeger was one of the most versatile musicians of all time? I guess from country-rock to country and back to country-rock is a pretty big leap.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Les-Paul.aspx

And regarding other shit on music: Katy Perry's an over-rated attention whore.
    He's versatile! It takes big talent to sound the same on every album without it being the same album. I mean you can't deny the slick groove of Animals? or the dirty, dick-sucking material found in the song Something in Your Mouth?

Also, I find it appalling that artists I enjoy and such are frowned upon for vulgarity and these douchebags get played on radio and have songs about straight up fucking and sucking cock and it's acceptable? Really?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I really don't mean this as a joke, but I'm always reminded of this video every time I hear about Nickelback.

It's sometimes sarcastically referred to as "Nickelback rocks!" or "Nickelback stoned."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dubstep. why is it still around.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    And while we're on the topic of shitty music, whoever made the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" is an asshole. It's a whole song about not fearing death, but you know what? Whole thing sounds really sad. It's a BUMMER of a song. It really is. Oh, and the lyrics? "40,000 men and women every day." WHAT? Are you kidding me? That's supposed to make me feel better? "Like Romeo and Juliet." Listen, schmuck, Romeo and Juliet died in the most horrible way possible. She drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then she drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then he killed himself or she killed herself or WHATEVER. I don't remember how it goes. The point is, it was a bummer of an ending; that's why they call it a tragedy. Just like your song: a tragedy. So fuck you Blue Oyster Cult. You totally ruined my trip to the grocery store a few minutes ago with your crappy song. Standing in the toothpaste aisle crying my ass off about my inevitable mortality.
    but that guitar solo SLAYS, man. like, totally. *inhales*

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I saw an ad on TV last night for "Juicebox", a music channel for children.

I know I should not pick on it, but I was embarrassed for it. I'm gonna sound like an old coot, but I miss when Muchmusic was playing videos. When I was 10 years old, I was grooving to Metallica, Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc.

Also, I'm still loathing "The Bitch Came Back" by Theory of a Deadman. Lifting the melody of "The Cat Came Back" is as horrendous as that "Chain Hang Low" song that sampled "Do Your Ears Hang Low" a few years back...

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    horrendous as that "Chain Hang Low" song that sampled "Do Your Ears Hang Low" a few years back...
    Holy shit... I couldn't resist so I just listened to this... I'm speechless

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Fuck Christmas music.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm a big Community fan, but Childish Gambino is some terrible terrible terrible music. Now that I think of it, I can't come up with any examples of an actor turned musician that didn't suck.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-09-2011 at 04:21 AM.