Page 49 of 131 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I find his solo stuff sounds just like Maroon 5. So what's the fucking point?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Need I remind of this atrocity into why we want Adam Levine's head on a fucking platter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How to make a mediocre song hilarious.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^ that was fucking hilarious. i love it when parodies take it to the next level.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I have no real opinion of Maroon 5, although I do like the song that Adam Levine did with Slash:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ^ that was fucking hilarious. i love it when parodies take it to the next level.
    You should see how they treat other bands in their scene. Their interaction with so-bad-its-good disasterpieces Emmure was fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rob Thomas and Matchbox Twenty suck so much ass. Irrelevant garbage. I hate hearing with one of the shitstorm's songs when I get the misfortune of hearing one of them on the radio.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-16-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: fix nonsense!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Rob Thomas and Matchbox Twenty suck so much ass. Irrelevant garbage. I hate hearing with one of the shitstorms when I get the misfortune of hearing the radio.
    they're the nickelback of the 90's, but i have to confess something ...

i was an assistant manager at sam goody when i was 20. 'mad season' came out and we got our standard record store copy. i played it lots, because (at the time) it was better than most of what we had to choose from. i wore out madonna's 'music' and (no lie, i grew to like) barenaked ladies' 'marooned,' but i would've killed myself if i had to hear another note of aerosmith's 'just push play' or that dave matthews band album with the b/w cover.

anyway, he and his band are super generic (duh) and i don't care whether the dude lives or dies, but he can write a hook.

"smooth" still kicks ass.

sorry not sorry.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Matchbox 20 are very safe and vanilla, but I do have a soft spot for their debut album--takes me back to high school.They did wrote some catchy songs.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I like that song he did with Santana. He can sing. I mean yarl.
    But to be honest, I have zero interest in checking out Matchbox 20: we kind of dodged that bullet in the UK.
    Also, reading his interviews, he seems like a chill down to earth guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Matchbox 20 are very safe and vanilla, but I do have a soft spot for their debut album--takes me back to high school.They did wrote some catchy songs.
    Oh yeah, "Long Day" and "3 AM" remind me of good times, too.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    "Counting Stars" by the "band" One Republic is the shittiest thing that's ever happened to mankind. If I had to choose between a boiling tar enema and listening to that song ever again, I would go with the enema.

When I show up in hell, this is the song that will be playing.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-24-2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: my anger towards this song maybe caused me to cross the line of good taste

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Well... here's the new guy for the juggalos to latch onto. That tattoo removal surgery is going to be a pretty penny.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    ^ Right at home with Psychopathic Records family: mindless, low quality and a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    shittiest thing that's ever happened to mankind.
    Nickelback would like a word with you.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Nickelback would like a word with you.
    That song sucks more than everything Nickelback has written combined.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

When I show up in hell, this is the song that will be playing.
    My hell will be a endless joint One Republic and Imagine Dragons tour that I had to sit through every show

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    so I listened to that new Marilyn Manson song. I have no real opinion, so I didn't offer one... but in the "related youtube videos" segment after it finished was this.

I am so confused... confused and horrified.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i'm genuinely intrigued by the new taylor swift record. not gonna pirate it (my computer is sick and i can't afford to have it fixed -- thepiratebay is a swine flu outbreak on that thing).

the reviews are stellar.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That song sucks more than everything Nickelback has written combined.
    I've never really paid attention to Nickelback, but after this exahcnge I looked up some of their stuff, and this song is truly dreadful, surely worse than the One Republic one? It doesn't even make sense, because how has caring ever stopped anyone dying???

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Is that their attempt at being serious and thoughtful now?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've never really paid attention to Nickelback, but after this exahcnge I looked up some of their stuff, and this song is truly dreadful, surely worse than the One Republic one? It doesn't even make sense, because how has caring ever stopped anyone dying???
    I won't really suggest that you listen to the song "Counting Stars," by the "band" One Republic, but if you were to do such a thing, you'd realize that it was the worst thing that's ever happened to humans with functioning ears.

If you have somehow managed to avoid this song, please, for all that is good in the world, go about your day! Enjoy life, it is so much sweeter without that song poisoning everything you see and love.

It's like that movie The Ring. But worse. I'm so sorry for alerting you to the fact that it exists, but now it's too late... please, for my conscience... and your sanity (it's too late for me), just walk away. Do not listen to that song. Please.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I won't really suggest that you listen to the song "Counting Stars," by the "band" One Republic, but if you were to do such a thing, you'd realize that it was the worst thing that's ever happened to humans with functioning ears.

If you have somehow managed to avoid this song, please, for all that is good in the world, go about your day! Enjoy life, it is so much sweeter without that song poisoning everything you see and love.

It's like that movie The Ring. But worse. I'm so sorry for alerting you to the fact that it exists, but now it's too late... please, for my conscience... and your sanity (it's too late for me), just walk away. Do not listen to that song. Please.
    yes yes, it is just awful - but at least this performance of it has the amusement factor of him getting more and more out of breath as the performance goes on

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so I listened to that new Marilyn Manson song. I have no real opinion, so I didn't offer one... but in the "related youtube videos" segment after it finished was this.

I am so confused... confused and horrified.
    wow. that was really, really bad. especially when the "lead guitar" comes in, but also all the way through.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    especially when the "lead guitar" comes in
    That's where the "Juggalo version of spinal tap" really kicks in. I don't like to mock people who might be trying hard, despite all evidence to the contrary... but even if I was in this band, I'd admit that guitar solo is fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What is so bad about Nickleback? I don't like it all but they have some new and old songs that are pretty good.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    yes yes, it is just awful - but at least this performance of it has the amusement factor of him getting more and more out of breath as the performance goes on
    I believe, but I can't experience it again. Never again.

I have officially found the song that I hate more than anything.

This is the shittiest thing that's ever happened to me, and since I first encountered this, prancing about... laughing... carefree... it all seems like a dream... How is it possible that something so shitty could happen to me in this way? There's no meaning here, there's no point... it's just random. Obviously there's no god, and if there is, he just likes to watch us suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    What is so bad about Nickleback? I don't like it all but they have some new and old songs that are pretty good.
    You're right. Now that I've heard "Counting Stars" by the "band" One Republic... I realize.... Nickelback is actually not so bad.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Throwback...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I don't see what's so bad about OneRepublic: it's like Coldplay + Maroon 5. Does it offer anything that hasn't been done a whole lot worse before?

But the videos kept linking me to this:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    What is up with these very shitty bands coming around? I'm really starting to hate the acoustic guitar at this point or any guitar that doesn't really do anything ballsy w/ the instrument. Fuck this gay-ass shit.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I don't see what's so bad about OneRepublic: it's like Coldplay + Maroon 5.
    Yeah... well, while a super awful thing like a band that was constructed as a rip off of Coldplay and Maroon 5 would be truly terrible and horrifying... what One Republic manage to pull off is so much worse and... just fucking terrifying. I wish I could pull myself together long enough to properly articulate exactly what is just so supremely soul-fucking about their music, but every time I just break down and run away screaming.

There's some Maroon 5 shittiness in there... some Coldplay... but then.... there's some random polka aspect... and then... It's like someone extracted the most obnoxious and "catchy" aspects of all those "HEY!" bands... you know, the bands like Mumford and Sons and Monsters and Lumineers.... took that really shitty "get up and dance ya Amish bastard!!!" aspect of their music... and the over inflected meaninglessness of it just destroys any of the sentimental bullshit you've ever had to endure from the aforementioned shitty bands... and then... AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH