Page 48 of 131 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    tUnE-yArDs.

I can't stand Merrill's esthetic, her music or her fans. I've had the unfortunate displeasure of seeing her open for Xiu Xiu in 2010 and she has followed me to almost every Pitchfork Festival I've been to since 2011.
    haven't seen her live but i think what she does is awesome and pretty unique. i'm not always in the mood for it, but i quite enjoy it.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    tUnE-yArDs.

I can't stand Merrill's esthetic, her music or her fans. I've had the unfortunate displeasure of seeing her open for Xiu Xiu in 2010 and she has followed me to almost every Pitchfork Festival I've been to since 2011.
    I'm gonna have to agree. A part of me wants to like it because it is so different. Then reality sets in and it is beyond weird shit. I just can't get into it. No thanks. tUne-yArDs and Arcade Fire reminds me that hipsters are real.

The new Zola Jesus album sucks. I couldn't get listening through the whole album.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree. A part of me wants to like it because it is so different. Then reality sets in and it is beyond weird shit. I just can't get into it. No thanks. tUne-yArDs and Arcade Fire reminds me that hipsters are real.

The new Zola Jesus album sucks. I couldn't get listening through the whole album.
    Meh. I gotta disagree with you on that Arcade Fire comment as I guess I tend to favor more in the hipster territory of this thread since many of the groups I love to talk about are considered to be hipster groups by many people. The problem I have with Merrill is I just don't find her song writing to be all that memorable and her voice is seriously grating to me. I've tried to get into her music and for awhile I liked one of her first records, but the things I didn't like about that album (her deep singing voice that just sounds like a drunk woman at a baseball game) only intensified when I saw her live and escalated as she progressed into newer albums. It's not for me and I find her fans to always be an obnoxious bunch when I have to cross paths with them at a live setting.

Oh well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This 90's college radio rock band that had what I thought was a catchy song, but fucked it up with shitty lyrics:

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    This song is following me around from the radio, and I hate it:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Joke/parody band or not:

Pathetic garbage that isn't even funny ironically.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Joke/parody band or not:

Pathetic garbage that isn't even funny ironically.
    Yeah. At least the Darkness are fun and can write a good hook.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    This 90's college radio rock band that had what I thought was a catchy song, but fucked it up with shitty lyrics:

That chorus describes me. Ugh lol.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Meh. I gotta disagree with you on that Arcade Fire comment as I guess I tend to favor more in the hipster territory of this thread since many of the groups I love to talk about are considered to be hipster groups by many people. The problem I have with Merrill is I just don't find her song writing to be all that memorable and her voice is seriously grating to me. I've tried to get into her music and for awhile I liked one of her first records, but the things I didn't like about that album (her deep singing voice that just sounds like a drunk woman at a baseball game) only intensified when I saw her live and escalated as she progressed into newer albums. It's not for me and I find her fans to always be an obnoxious bunch when I have to cross paths with them at a live setting.

Oh well.
    I think you and I have discussed our differing opinions on Tune-Yards on Twitter or Facebook. I love Merill, there's nobody that sounds quite like her and she is obviously having a good time on stage. I mean, I'll fuck with anyone looping drum sounds over her ukulele any day. In fact, I saw her last Saturday and while most of the crowd was waiting for Iggy Azela, Merill won them over and put together a fun set and had us dancing. I get that it's not accessible and sometimes obnoxious, but the times I've seen Tune-Yards live have been memorable and I enjoy them on record just as much.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post

Dumb and Dumber!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I think you and I have discussed our differing opinions on Tune-Yards on Twitter or Facebook. I love Merill, there's nobody that sounds quite like her and she is obviously having a good time on stage. I mean, I'll fuck with anyone looping drum sounds over her ukulele any day. In fact, I saw her last Saturday and while most of the crowd was waiting for Iggy Azela, Merill won them over and put together a fun set and had us dancing. I get that it's not accessible and sometimes obnoxious, but the times I've seen Tune-Yards live have been memorable and I enjoy them on record just as much.
    All fair and valid points!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    All fair and valid points!
    except waiting to see iggy azalea
    i really don't understand her appeal.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Fancy has to be the most annoying song of the year. Top 40 is always played at work and if I have to hear her spell her goddamn name one more time, I'm going to lose it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    except waiting to see iggy azalea
    i really don't understand her appeal.
    Umm, I wasn't waiting to see Iggy, the rest of the crowd was, I went to go grab dinner and watch the Alabama/Ole Miss game. In any case, Iggy Azela is fucking garbage.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Umm, I wasn't waiting to see Iggy, the rest of the crowd was, I went to go grab dinner and watch the Alabama/Ole Miss game. In any case, Iggy Azela is fucking garbage.
    hahaha good to know. i thought i knew you had better taste, and i'm glad i was right

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    hahaha good to know. i thought i knew you had better taste, and i'm glad i was right
    But she's so fancy, don't you know?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    But she's so fancy, don't you know?
    http://foodthatlookslikeiggyazalea.tumblr.com

eerily accurate.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    Why is this even a blog?

O_o

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Why is this even a blog?

O_o
    why WOULDN'T this be a blog?

and why isn't every blog as effective?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Lorde is fuckin awful, i'm glad South Park made fun of her...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Don't speak so soon, I like a lot of crap.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

I am Lorde, ya-ya-ya, I am Lorde, ya-ya-ya Randy Marsh rules.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    she actually thought it was pretty funny.

also, listen to "buzzcut season" and tell me it doesn't give you goosebumps. i can't listen to that song without almost crying. i don't think she's as AMAZING as everyone makes her out to be, but i think she's good.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    she actually thought it was pretty funny.

also, listen to "buzzcut season" and tell me it doesn't give you goosebumps. i can't listen to that song without almost crying. i don't think she's as AMAZING as everyone makes her out to be, but i think she's good.
    Her music is well produced, i'll give her that...
    But her whole lyrics/image/autotuned voice man i guess she's just not my thing, she sounds like a sellout and diluted version of PJ Harvey or Fiona Apple, even Lana del Rey sounds a bit more honest, but hey, i think there are far worse things out there at least she's trying and is not famous for her twerking (or is she?, lol)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Her music is well produced, i'll give her that...
    But her whole lyrics/image/autotuned voice man i guess she's just not my thing, she sounds like a sellout and diluted version of PJ Harvey or Fiona Apple, even Lana del Rey sounds a bit more honest, but hey, i think there are far worse things out there at least she's trying and is not famous for her twerking (or is she?, lol)
    i own her album on vinyl and i heard little to no auto-tuning of her voice. (sorry, i'm really not trying to defend her, just trying to talk about it!)

i do understand what you mean about a diluted pj/fiona figure. i kind of agree with that, but there's not really anyone else filling that role for me these days, so i'm ok with it. heh.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    And i'm not trying to bash her "just because", actually knowing that you respect her music i'll be paying more attention, you have good taste in music. Just wanted to say that i heard a couple of songs and they weren't my thing, but i'm all ears if you say there's better stuff by her, i still find the South Park parody funny (and i'm glad she liked it...)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, she's overrated crap with exceptionally overproduced music but she doesn't use autotune whatsoever. So she has props from me on that front. The songs themselves, personality and etc I'm not really into. I find her average at best.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    And i'm not trying to bash her "just because", actually knowing that you respect her music i'll be paying more attention, you have good taste in music. Just wanted to say that i heard a couple of songs and they weren't my thing, but i'm all ears if you say there's better stuff by her, i still find the South Park parody funny (and i'm glad she liked it...)
    I didn't really care for her at first, but they kept playing Royals and Team on the radio at work. Slowly I started to appreciate her music more. I guess you have to listen to it compared to Maroon 5 or any other shitty pop act to appreciate it more?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    yeah, i guess...

And i already find his music better than Maroon 5 (terrible band), i'll be paying closer attention...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Most music is better than fucking Maroon 5. Adam Levine will die in my hands one of these days.